The mkiv Supra Owners Club

STAR T67R ~ 1.8 bar ~ 755bhp ~ 596ftlbs at the hubs

Carbon_Bullet

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work Chris! A lot if effort is going into this build and I'm sure the end product will be awesome.:thumbs:

You know it :) ..... Although I'm starting to get stressed and annoyed with it now, plus the body shop still have my roof/doors/bumper :(

coming together now dude!! looks great

Cheers mate

Looking rather special mate :)

You know it GEO

Getting a little annoyed with this now, not going to give up but Christ I feel like smashing a few things,

Today then, started to strip the other car, getting the TT engine & gearbox out, unclipped 90% wires etc, just need to find chains to use to lift it with the crane .

Could use a few pointers attaching the Auto Shine Rear Diffuser , I keep being baffled as to which angel it sits at, if anyone could PM me pictures it would be a great help,

Also any other places to buy the OEM oil cooler radiator as I don't want to put the old rusty one on a new car :( ?????

Few pictures.... Although the dashboard is in, still have to remove so I can get the clutch pedals in etc !!! - Nightmare!

4y3azy7y.jpg

a9udu4yq.jpg

abaqyje2.jpg

pe6uhy8u.jpg

u9ajyjer.jpg

vydemuva.jpg

ysenemuv.jpg

Edited by Carbon_Bullet (see edit history)

Looks really nice bud. Big projects like this always run into stumbling blocks, it goes with the teratory. Even big ass tuning companies have problems, they just choose not to broadcast it in project thread etc that's all.

As for the pedals, you can fit them easily with the dash in place. I did mine in a tiny garage not much bigger than the car with the car doors still on. You should find in easy with all the space and access you have.

You will struggle with the diffuser as you've got rear spats on... I screwed min onto the rear bumper across the middle and made a couple of brackets for it to bolt to, 2 onto the rear arb mount and 2 onto the rear bodywork.

I fitted mine last week with the spats in place piece of cake.It was fiddly though as add rightly says and needs a mate to help hold stuff up... aside of the ARB brackets i had i done this too. I would in my opinion make sure the spats are bolted with the lowest hole of the spat fixing to the wheel arch,i used an m6 stainless bolt and an m6 threaded body clip from probolt.then drill out the rivets that hold the two brackets from sat to body of car and throw them away you can then trim the return flange from the side brackets of the diffuser, so if you imagine trimming the part you would see on the lower rear quarter panel to leave the flat part of the bracket on the spat.this then will slide up inside the spat and sit at the correct position for you to be able to mark the two holes to drill the side bracket of the diffuser by marking them through the spat holes where the rivets were holding the oem spat brackets then i used two button head m6 bolts and nylocs to fix the diffuser side to the oem spat this gave the perfect mount for the diffuser tray to bolt on. i did not remove the spats but with the fixings undone they pulled out enough to fit the diffuser sides behind them . My spats are tiger sealed on firmly also .If you wantsome pics pm me!

Edited by jay200bhp (see edit history)

Have you already got a turbo? I'm selling my old gt3582r

Got one already mate, bought a Single turbo build complete before I started building this one, my A/R is 0.70.... What's your one....0.82?

Seen the updates on Facebook chris, glad you got the wing fitted at last :thumbs:

I know, was one of the main body bits I wanted fitting :) .... I love this Do-Luck spoiler... Deffo the best one IMO

Looks really nice bud. Big projects like this always run into stumbling blocks, it goes with the teratory. Even big ass tuning companies have problems, they just choose not to broadcast it in project thread etc that's all.

As for the pedals, you can fit them easily with the dash in place. I did mine in a tiny garage not much bigger than the car with the car doors still on. You should find in easy with all the space and access you have.

Well that sounds good to hear, thought I had to remove all the metal work an half the steel dash bits just to get it in, after the engine is remove Saturday , I should have the pedal etc in Sunday

As above you should be able to fit the pedals with the dashboard in situ. Car is looking great, stick with it!

Hoping so bud, we will see Sunday, not going to give up now I've come to far

Looking good, but the bonnet needs some carbon in my opinion.

All over it mate, there's several parts on the car going for carbon dipping/wrapping , bonnet & skirts

You will struggle with the diffuser as you've got rear spats on... I screwed min onto the rear bumper across the middle and made a couple of brackets for it to bolt to, 2 onto the rear arb mount and 2 onto the rear bodywork.

Nice one, hope it fits quite securely, I got bracketing stuff today from local steel fabricators , see how it rolls out over the weekend, any pictures how you did yours?

I fitted mine last week with the spats in place piece of cake.It was fiddly though as add rightly says and needs a mate to help hold stuff up... aside of the ARB brackets i had i done this too. I would in my opinion make sure the spats are bolted with the lowest hole of the spat fixing to the wheel arch,i used an m6 stainless bolt and an m6 threaded body clip from probolt.then drill out the rivets that hold the two brackets from sat to body of car and throw them away you can then trim the return flange from the side brackets of the diffuser, so if you imagine trimming the part you would see on the lower rear quarter panel to leave the flat part of the bracket on the spat.this then will slide up inside the spat and sit at the correct position for you to be able to mark the two holes to drill the side bracket of the diffuser by marking them through the spat holes where the rivets were holding the oem spat brackets then i used two button head m6 bolts and nylocs to fix the diffuser side to the oem spat this gave the perfect mount for the diffuser tray to bolt on. i did not remove the spats but with the fixings undone they pulled out enough to fit the diffuser sides behind them . My spats are tiger sealed on firmly also .If you wantsome pics pm me!

I'll have another go this weekend, yeah will PM for pics, does yours sit parallel with the ground or at a slight angle?

None. Why not get a stock spoiler in carbon?

Stock is alright, but I like to be different, the pictures with the do luck on don't do it justice,

I prefer the Apr Bgw over the do-luck tbh

But as above stock or trd would suit it better

I was thinking TRD but went for the being different option instead, everyone's different though hey.

Heckler strikes again with some good work, I asked him to build me some LED indicators with side lights built in , so i asked for a ring of white LEDs and a thin orange strip through the middle, this what he came up with,

Also in the pictures is my top rad hose an boost valve (cheers hodge & Mlavery)

4yme5a7a.jpg

yduqerez.jpg

yzetetu3.jpg

Edited by Carbon_Bullet (see edit history)

They look good, and of them lit up/working ?

Not yet buddy, I'm excited to see myself, this weekend I will yet them out

If you dont mind me asking how much were those led drl and indicators?

Look amazing.

PM "Heckler" he is the man who made these, popular forum user who can make many things, who will PM you prove on what you want