The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crash and run.. in rear quarter of my Supra :( (pics)

Gabriella

• 2 weeks later...

How did you get on with this in the end? I came home to this tonight :(

IMG_1286.jpg

Fortunately a good Samaritan who lives nearby said he heard someone on Saturday night - thought they'd crashed into the bin - and told me who he thinks it was (unless that's a clever cover because it was him!). Fingers crossed the police follow up before she gets the damage fixed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]166782[/ATTACH]

Fortunately a good Samaritan who lives nearby said he heard someone on Saturday night - thought they'd crashed into the bin - and told me who he thinks it was (unless that's a clever cover because it was him!). Fingers crossed the police follow up before she gets the damage fixed.

Gutted for you Craig, horrible to hear of things like this happening. :( I take it the old beast was still running well other than this fresh metal work?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]166782[/ATTACH]

Unbelievable!! This very person has a driving license too and is driving currently on our roads!! Doesn't look like a small little tap either :blink:

Did the police get back to you? I'd chase them up or if you can get the details off the neighbour go and have a look yourself or if it was me confront them.

Shocking.

Craig, sorry to see this :( Hope you will be able to sort it out.

In my case the Cctv footage show a Nissan "Joke" with woman driver. It was on Mother's day 15:40. ..I called her few days later and she said that she thought that she hit it..but when she get out of the car to check she didn't notice any damage!!!!!

Camera's clearly show that she never get out of the joke car and that she never really stopped. Well I gave her an option to pay for damage or I will inform police etc. She decided to pay for damage. Supra is going to garage next week for repairs.

I thought we had

:rlol:

In my case the Cctv footage show a Nissan "Joke" with woman driver. It was on Mother's day 15:40. ..I called her few days later and she said that she thought that she hit it..but when she get out of the car to check she didn't notice any damage!!!!!

Camera's clearly show that she never get out of the joke car and that she never really stopped. Well I gave her an option to pay for damage or I will inform police etc. She decided to pay for damage. Supra is going to garage next week for repairs.

Glad to hear some justice has been done. I had no such luck last year and had to fork out for a new paint job and bodywork myself :(

really glad to hear this, typical that she lied through her teeth though.... would be good to see some before and after shots once reparied, sweet justice :thumbs:

as stated previously, these people have licenses..... :blink:

Fantastic news Gabriella, really glad to hear this! Make sure you are not left out of pocket as this person had no intention of paying or owning up. Lying through her teeth only further proves this. Please do make sure to remind her she has committed a crime and could potentional go to prison! Some information for your assistance below.

It is an offence under Section 170 of the Road Traffic act 1988 to Fail to Stop at the Scene of an Accident.

A failure to comply with these obligations can mean two offences are being committed: failing to stop and failing to report. It is possible to be guilty of either or both. The penalties for each offence include a maximum fine of £5,000, five to ten penalty points. The court also has the power to disqualify you from driving for either offence and is likely to do so when both offences are committed on the same occasion. Failing to stop or report an accident carries a maximum of six months’ imprisonment.

Fantastic news Gabriella, really glad to hear this! Make sure you are not left out of pocket as this person had no intention of paying or owning up. Lying through her teeth only further proves this. Please do make sure to remind her she has committed a crime and could potentional go to prison! Some information for your assistance below.

It is an offence under Section 170 of the Road Traffic act 1988 to Fail to Stop at the Scene of an Accident.

A failure to comply with these obligations can mean two offences are being committed: failing to stop and failing to report. It is possible to be guilty of either or both. The penalties for each offence include a maximum fine of £5,000, five to ten penalty points. The court also has the power to disqualify you from driving for either offence and is likely to do so when both offences are committed on the same occasion. Failing to stop or report an accident carries a maximum of six months’ imprisonment.

I'd report the cow !

Edited by listy (see edit history)

Good point Abz. The way she handled it is worse than poor. The only positive about how she's gone about this is that she didn't try to say, "no wasn't me guv, honest". I doubt whether the police would take any action, but I'd be tempted to try anyway. Just driving off! What flipping planet are these people from?

In this instance, once she has admitted the offence and offered to pay for the damage, she is in the clear. The fact that she lied and tried to get away with it is swept under the carpet. We had identical last summer where one of neighbours tried to get away with it but the evidence against her was overwhelming, whithout CCTV.

Once she had handed over her insurance details, the police were no longer involved although IMO she had been dishonest and should have been prosecuted. So, unless someone catches you in the act is is well worth driving off and claiming you didn't know. Even if you get caught, the result is the same as admitting it at the scene.

British justice eh, best in the world..!!

H.

Same happened to me, first I taught it was dirt but realized somebody trying to parallel park beside the Supra , scraped the front of the bumper, like claw marks on her.

Luckily for me , my friend is a detailer, once he seen it , he was nearly sure he could buff it out; and he did ;) it was more paint transfer off the other car than panel damage!

One of the ladies in a Silver Corolla parks there sometimes, her car has a dent on every panel, even the roof FFS! I have seen her trying to park before, very nervous driver, buried into the front windscreen but you cant accuse her as I cannot prove it!

Glad you got some good news, Gabriella ! It is the downside to having a nice car!

Glad to hear yours has a happy ending, Gabriella.

Mine just might too (so, sorry to hijack your thread again): I left a passive-aggressive note on my car, pleading for them to be neighbourly and own up before the po-po came knocking and they get hit with the points/fine/etc that Abz posted about. This morning I had a note apologising for the delay in leaving their details, asking to sort it outside of insurance, etc (not likely).

Mine just might too (so, sorry to hijack your thread again): I left a passive-aggressive note on my car, pleading for them to be neighbourly and own up before the po-po came knocking and they get hit with the points/fine/etc that Abz posted about. This morning I had a note apologising for the delay in leaving their details, asking to sort it outside of insurance, etc (not likely).

Glad to hear you got a response to this Craig, I would definately be sorting this through the insurance as most of these people will know a friend of a friend who will do a cheap fix which wont stand the test of time.

Gotta love the mentality of others!!!

Perhaps they're not insured. Unlikely but possible.

Fantastic news, at least you now have evidence of admission to the damage!! Hope it goes well :)

Glad to hear you got a response to this Craig, I would definately be sorting this through the insurance as most of these people will know a friend of a friend who will do a cheap fix which wont stand the test of time.

Gotta love the mentality of others!!!

Perhaps they're not insured. Unlikely but possible.

These gentlemen do have a good point.

Be weary of being stringed along, I'd recommend the repair is done at a garage of your choice as SPG has rightly pointed out, if you go ahead to do it privately.

The only reason why I am still entertaining going private is if you go through the insurance then you need to declare this accident when you re-new even though it is a non fault claim.

Hope this helps.