The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rich's NA-T

Rich.2211

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

devil in the detail!

Another quick one for you. while you had the scuttle panel off, did you clean the area under it as i seem to remember one the list of things i was going to do was sort that out as the paint was starting to bubble slightly (if i remember right)?

I have cleaned it out, but yes, the section in the center under the scuttle panel is weathered. You can see it if you look through the vents/holes in the scuttle panel. I'm just awaiting some paint and it shall be done, along with the modifying the rear arches. Hopefully be sorted by this this Sunday :)

Tinted my front indicators today as the orange blobs were dating the car somewhat! Also fitted some led sidelight bulbs which make the world of difference, just the others to do now.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zq4qx1.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/2roknm9.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/k2ifzl.jpg

They do still light up amber and let enough light through to pass an MOT as shown below:

http://i46.tinypic.com/6pxj55.jpg

Here is some before and afters with the sidelights to show the difference:

http://i48.tinypic.com/25f2839.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2e5v3vs.jpg

Loving this thread, car looks superb! What did you use to tint front indicators? Looking to do the same myself.

Loving this thread, car looks superb! What did you use to tint front indicators? Looking to do the same myself.

Cheers! It's getting there bit by bit.

The indicators were done with a light misting of satin black. I did about three coats from a distance. They still let plenty of light through, and are visible, so it's a nice cheap mod to get rid of the 'orange blobs' :D

Cheers! It's getting there bit by bit.

The indicators were done with a light misting of satin black. I did about three coats from a distance. They still let plenty of light through, and are visible, so it's a nice cheap mod to get rid of the 'orange blobs' :D

Take it you managed to keep the existing bulbs and not change them to orange? Seen mist tinting spray on ebay but the satin you used looks pretty good tbf.

Take it you managed to keep the existing bulbs and not change them to orange? Seen mist tinting spray on ebay but the satin you used looks pretty good tbf.

Kept the existing bulbs yes. I've seen some of the tinting spray used but think the satin black looks just as, if not more, stealthy. Also helps I have plenty lying around. Give it a go and post up the results :) Makes a nice alternative to buying facelift items.

Cheers for the comments! :)

As for the scuttle panel, it was jet washed, scotched, panel wiped and finally hit with three coats of satin black. I've done a few now all in the same method and it seems to work fine. Washed the car the day after and hit it at pretty close range with the jet wash and it's fine. It does freshen up the outside quite a lot for a small job!

When you say scotched and panel wiped... what is this before I start pulling my panels off and ruining things?!

Jesus ... look at the shine on that! Good job your not in direct sunlight or :cool: would be needed.

Unbelievably well polished.

As for the black innards of the lights i like the idea. I think a high gloss for the remaining chrome rings not a matt black.

STEALTH

will have to start calling it the ninja supra

Jesus ... look at the shine on that! Good job your not in direct sunlight or :cool: would be needed.

Unbelievably well polished.

As for the black innards of the lights i like the idea. I think a high gloss for the remaining chrome rings not a matt black.

STEALTH

will have to start calling it the ninja supra

A really glossy black could actually work really well for the chrome rings, would contrast against the satin. Hmm, you've got me thinking now :D

Keep the chrome rings! It will cheapen the look if they are all balck innards IMO

That's my worry! Decisions, decisions!

Made the most of the nice weather and cut the lip out of the rear arches today. I've resealed them where they have been cut to stop any corrosion getting in, but, I'll be biting the bullet and under sealing the entire arches as soon as possible.

I've also ordered some lowering springs ready for Fast Show. Should be here no later than Wednesday :)

Here's a picture from today, in full concentration mode :D

Edited by Rich.2211 (see edit history)

Well, following on from conversation about what to do with the head lights.. I've decided to book them in to be tinted. Just need to find a time/date suitable and I'll get them done.

Here is an example done on a friends Audi A3.. I shall be going for the same tint.

For now though, I have spent today re-refurbing them all black ready for Fast Show.

Also, I am STILL waiting on my lowering springs to arrive. :(

Like it pal.

Not sure what the tint will give it to be honest but i like the look of the lights now.:thumbs:

Going for an all black look, side repeaters shall be done too and maybe a light window tint. Hoping it doesn't look ridiculous and the car pulls it off.. we shall see :)

In other news, my lowering springs have finally arrived! So shall be fitting them asap :cool: Also aiming to purchase a fair few of the parts required for the NA-T build at the end of this month.

Well my lowering springs finally arrived the other day, so got those fitted asap! Here's a few pictures of how she's sitting now, including one or two from Fast Show 2013.

Next thing on the agenda is to try and book the headlights in to be tinted this week, failing that I'll buy the materials and have a go myself :)

Sits really nice mate. What springs did you get? You had any issues with speed bumps?

They are.... dare I say it... GMax springs. They are only intended as a stop gap until I can justify a decent adjustable set up, but I must say they are pretty good. It doesn't feel all that different to the standard springs really, maybe just a little harder. I haven't attempted the dreaded speed bump yet, but I'm guessing the exhaust will scrape as it was quite close before, so I'm not going to try any time soon :D