The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rich's NA-T

Rich.2211

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent a couple of hours over the last few nights stripping the car ready to pull the engine out. All the engine loom is disconnected/unplugged from the chassis side and unplugged from the ECU and pulled through to the engine bay. The exhaust manifold is off (resting in place in the pictures), heat shield off, battery out, breather pipes disconnected, O2 sensors out, cat temp sensor removed, lights removed etc. Just the wet stuff left now i.e removed radiator and drain coolant, disconnect fuel supply, power steering, aircon and so on :)

Lovely day today :cool: Naturally carried on with dismantling, labelling and draining the Supra! Lots of progress, front bumper off, splash guards off, heater pipes disconnected, fuel return disconnected, power steering pipes disconnected and drained of fluid, radiator removed, fan shroud removed etc. :)

Only had 30 mins on it tonight, but managed to disconnect the fuel feed from the filter and also from the fuel pump. Got the slave cylinder unbolted from the side of the box as well, just got to un-attach the metal section of the clutch hose from the clip that is attached via a bell housing bolt.

Only a few bits left now and the engine will be ready to pull out :)

I've also secured myself a GReddy Emanage with MAP sensor etc.

Edited by Rich.2211 (see edit history)

Could you take a couple pics of how you fitted your lip please. Had mine tacked on and it got ripped off today! Was planning on a way to fit it but after looking today its not going to work. :/

Shall try and get a few pictures tomorrow for you whilst the bumper is off the car :)

Any luck on the photos :)

Excuse the dirt but hope this helps:

Basically, drill holes through the top of the active lip and then nut, bolt and washer it to the back of the stock rubber lower lip. The end pieces won't bolt straight up as there will be a large gap so make some C shaped brackets to act as a spacer, bolt the lip to one end of the bracket and secure the other end of the bracket to one of under tray bolts. Make sure you use nyloc nuts other it will work loose.

If your half local and want to pop up to see how I've done mine that's fine.

All remaining fluids drained today - engine oil, gearbox oil and remainder of coolant in the block via the drain plug in the block. You can see it in the picture below:

Master cylinder disconnected as well. Only really engine mount bolts, prop shaft and gear selector to disconnect and I'm ready to pull the engine out & box out. I might go and do that in a minute if it stops raining then pick the engine crane up :)

Whilst dodging the hail I've just removed the gear selector so there's one more little job off the list. Thought I'd do a quick write up as it may help people in the future.

It will start looking like this :D:

Now unscrew (anti clockwise) the gear knob, flip the lid up on the ash tray, pull the ash tray out and then the whole panel just pulls out. Be gentle whilst pulling it out so as not to break any of the clips, I tend to start at the back. It will leave you looking at this:

Undo the four 10mm gold headed bolts that you can see and put them somewhere safe (ash tray you just removed is a good place) and then you can simply pull the metal surround off, followed by the two rubber seals:

You will be left with this:

If you prise the remaining rubber seal up you can see there is four more 10mm bolts to undo, so once again undo these and put them somewhere safe:

Once these are undone it's time to get under the car. Get the car up on axle stands and make sure it is secure before putting yourself underneath. If you lay on your back you will soon see where the selector comes through the body and to the gearbox. There is a rubber cover you need to prise back and it will unveil two 12mm bolts, you only need to undo the one nearest the rear of the car and slide the bolt out. Hopefully this picture will help:

Now you can jump back in the car and the shifter will pull straight up and out :) Although I completely forgot to take a picture of the removed shifter.

Few more parts for the NA-T build are here after a delivery from Whifbitz and one from Kaan.

- Modified TT oil return with one side welded so only one entry

- TT oil return gasket, Toyota part no. 15472-46010

- Lexus union bolt, Toyota part no. 90401-19008

- Lexus union bolt metal gasket, Toyota part no. 90430-20016

- Toyota 4 Runner distributor cap, Toyota part no. 19101-65040