The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rich's NA-T

Rich.2211

nice ric, did you use the spray or the paint on hammerite?

i quickly flicked through before reading and i thought it had been snowing lol how well did the foam stuff work? i have a huge tub of the wet type here but the foam looks alot less messy.

Painted it by hand mate but hind sight tells me I should of aerosol'd it. Not really happy with the finish at all to be honest so I'm going to see if I can rescue it or failing that I'll strip the paint and try again :blink:

The foam type 'GUNK' is an awesome product. Worked excellently and not too messy!

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm I like the first car which is posted in this thread because that is looking awesome.. the rims of the car are also looking great because they are unique and see on very less cars. but he car color is shining like recently detailed.. Thanks for sharing these great photos of you car.

Cheers for the comments, it's much appreciated :thumbs:

Not detailed yet, just lots of polishing by hand but once she's back alive again then I'll detail her properly :)

hmm I like the first car which is posted in this thread because that is looking awesome.. the rims of the car are also looking great because they are unique and see on very less cars. but he car color is shining like recently detailed.. Thanks for sharing these great photos of you car.

Car Roof Racks

Boris, why have you edited your post to include a link to roof racks?

Only a small update as I'm waiting on my TT head gasket, full NA gasket set and ARP head studs to arrive - they should be arriving this week fingers crossed :thumbs:

Firstly, I've picked up an GReddy Emanage Ultimate to handle the management side of things. I'm hoping to control the ignition timing with this as well. I've also got a GReddy boost gauge sat here ready to fit which I picked up for a bargain price :)

As for the engine, I've fitted a new water pump, new water pump housing, new OEM thermostat, new cam belt idler and then refitted (after cleaning/painting) a few other parts such as the alternator, engine mounts, knock sensors etc. I have also opted for a air con delete, so stripped the condenser and pipework out the car and also stripped the pump so I could reuse the bracket to support the power steering pump.

Here's a few pics:

Next things are to strip the head to clean it up, replace the stem seals and regrind the valves :)

Edited by Rich.2211 (see edit history)

Looking great Rich - what paint did you use for the alternator etc?

I've tried a couple but the best I've come across is Halfords Very High Temperature silver, in an aerosol. Failing that then Hycote VHT silver is pretty good, I just don't like the spray pattern. :thumbs:

Just sat at work and have read this from start to finish, so intresting and the detail is fantastic. Top job so far and look forward to reading more :)

Hopefully I should have some more updates soon. Received my TT head gasket yesterday so just awaiting the ARP head studs and full NA gasket set and I'm ready to go. Going to spend the next day or two cleaning up the head and regrinding the valves. Cheers for the comments, I can't wait to get it all back together and fire her up! :)

Had a day off work today so spent a little bit of time on the engine. Nothing major but a few little jobs such as putting the starter motor in place to stop it getting filthy on the garage floor, running a tap through the head stud threads to make sure they're free from any debris, cleaned up the bottom of the block ready for resealing the oil pan and flushed the oil passages on the outer edges of the block through to clear them of any material left from cleaning the block up.

Excellent work as usual mate, this is gonna look awesome once in the bay!

I'm hoping it will be worthy of opening the bonnet at shows :D

Any ideas for the engine covers mate? I've considered gloss black but I'm really not sure. Carbon would look nice but it might push the price up a little high so I can't decide at the minute.

Cheers for the link mate. To be honest I'm more thinking along the lines of having my original items carbon skinned or having a crack at it myself. The ones in the link do look awesome though!

Today consisted of purchasing a half decent valve spring compressor, compressing the valves, removing the collets, retainers, valve springs and valves and organising it all ready for reassembly. I haven't removed the stem seals yet as I'm awaiting my stem seal pliers to arrive :)

During:

After (head de-valved):

Going to clean up the valves tomorrow hopefully and re-grind them. Shall also give the head a good clean. I'm ever so tempted to have a go at porting the head, but without the proper facilities to flow test it I think I'll have to accept just giving it a good clean up.