The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rich's NA-T

Rich.2211

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh42 on here treated me to one of these as a Birthday present back in November, finally got round to fitting it over the weekend. I am assuming it works, although I haven't had the weather (or private test track) to test it!

No picture of it installed unfortunately, but here's a generic picture:

After much searching, hunting and photohopping.. I've decided to purchase a set of staggered XXR 527's. 18x8.75J ET20 fronts, 18x9.75J ET20 rears. I've found a source than can supply me some in bronze so hoping they will work well against black!

Here's a pic (sourced off Google images) to show the wheels I'll be getting:

Those are very nice, look like rotas, really liking the bronze

am i right in thinking xxr are the ones that do the ccw replicas?

Cannot wait to get them delivered, will be early January now though :(

They do sell CCW reps, however I don't think they are available in the UK until later in 2013

Cannot wait to get them delivered, will be early January now though :(

They do sell CCW reps, however I don't think they are available in the UK until later in 2013

They will be alot cheaper than ccw's thats for sure.

January isnt too far away now man, just get drunk alot that should speed up the wait over christmas

Finally got round to finishing the last piece of my dash panels! I completely forgot about this piece first time around, so no time better than a Christmas evening chilled out to finish it. Stripped the rubbery stuff off with Acetone then proceeded to flat it with 320, 600, 800 then 1200 and moved on to primer. Once primed, I flatted that back again and hit it with a few coats of colour :)

Also my headlights seem to have stopped misting up, think they just needed some time to adjust to the temperate outside. Bonus!

Got round to fitting my headlights back in ready for the Hooters meet. As soon as I fitted them they started to fog up :(, as can be seen in the below pictures. Going to try and re-seal them again and maybe try some silica gel packets to absorb the moisture.

http://i47.tinypic.com/bf5s8y.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/qy7ghx.jpg

In others news, my wheels are now up for sale. Spotted some new ones :)

Rich, were they in the house and then fitted outside in the cold? They will mist up iniitially and then settle down. Other than that, are all the caps on the fog light fitted correctly?

The car is stunning. Lose the orange blobs and that will be lovely.

EDIT: Didn't see page 2 on the thread (40 posts per page)

Rich, were they in the house and then fitted outside in the cold? They will mist up iniitially and then settle down. Other than that, are all the caps on the fog light fitted correctly?

The car is stunning. Lose the orange blobs and that will be lovely.

EDIT: Didn't see page 2 on the thread (40 posts per page)

Yeah they were in the house for a few days, then like you say, misted up once initially outside. Having had some time back in the car, touch wood, they seem fine and don't mist up now which is great!

Hopefully going to order myself some facelift front indicators as soon as I get chance, Adam (Littler) has recommended the company he bought his from.

Cheers for the comments :)

Decided to paint the bolts covers for the OEM seats as I'll be dying my carpet black, as soon as the weather improves :rolleyes: Think the black carpets look great but always let down by the grey plastic bits people seem to leave. These are the same colour as my dash panels, a dark-ish anthracite so should look okay! Small details but every little helps lol..

Also, I'm hoping my new wheels will be here next week :eyebrows:

Been having a play with the Mrs' new camera today so thought I'd take some more pics :D

In others new I've just placed an order for a new fuel filter, radiator cap and thermostat - all genuine Toyota parts which should be here soon. Oh, and a NA-T manifold managed to sneek itself onto the order, which may give away my 2013 plans for the car!

A box of goodies arrived today from Keron!

Firstly a new turbo manifold ready for NA-T. It has some bracing work already done is good fitment. Along with that I've bought a OEM Toyota fuel filter and housing (part no. 23300-49195), OEM Toyota radiator cap (part no. 16401-62100) and a OEM Toyota 82 degree thermostat (part no. 90916-03093).

Looks like things are progressing nicely pal.

Interior should be progressing nicely and i cannot wait to see your NA-T finished article.

Don't suppose you would consider selling it back to me? LOL

When do you get the new wheels pal?

keep up the good work.

Cheers bud, hows your motor going? Unfortunately no chance of me selling it back, good try though :D It's been a great car, and a credit to you!

I'm hoping (fingers crossed) the wheels should be here early next week. They have been dispatched from Southern Ireland and are currently in transit over there still. I'd hope them to be in the UK by Monday and with me Tuesday :) They will be fitted straight away, just need to order some new wheel nuts for them.

Removed the charcoal canister today, blanked off the vacuum pipe and using a bit of ingenuity connected the fuel tank vent pipe back to the OEM pipework in the wheel arch so it still vents as it would standard, but minus the charcoal canister. I didn't like the idea of it venting petrol fumes near possibly red hot brakes.

Before:

After:

Also from reading this article:

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/specs.htm

I found out some info on my car, for example the diff is a A01B torsen LSD with a 4.083:1 ratio and 20cm crown wheel size.

Edited by Rich.2211 (see edit history)

Always hated that stereo. I thought it stuck out too far from the dash and like you said stuck out like a sore thumb colour wise. I was going to replace it with a double din one and flush fit it.

But i could not justify getting a new one when the old still worked properly.

good work though. looks like new!

Always hated that stereo. I thought it stuck out too far from the dash and like you said stuck out like a sore thumb colour wise. I was going to replace it with a double din one and flush fit it.

But i could not justify getting a new one when the old still worked properly.

good work though. looks like new!

Couldn't agree more about the stereo! I still want a nice double din at some point :)

- - - Updated - - -

Nice pics outside the church dude, it looks super clean

Good job on the cd player, its all about the details :thumbs:

:yeahthat:

My thoughts exactly! :) Very :cool:

Cheers for the comments! Only a small part but makes a difference. Now for some bigger parts :eyebrows: