The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rich's NA-T

Rich.2211

Give it a try with the neat acetone, well worth while. Most nail varnish remove has acetone in it, but if you go to a Pharmacy you can buy it neat over the counter.

On another note mate, any idea how they will dyno the car on Sunday if mine is still limited at 112mph? Won't they have to dyno it in a lower gear which may give inaccurate readouts?

Acetone! Will give that a try.

Erm... not sure if I'm honest but would imagine it could effect the read out, could you not fit a limiter tomorrow? :p

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm... not sure if I'm honest but would imagine it could effect the read out, could you not fit a limiter tomorrow? :p

I could fit one for sure... however, I don't have a de-limiter here to fit unfortunately! Don't think there is any available locally either as far as I'm aware :(

Changed the oil and filter today along with fitting a new Toyota sump plug washer. Cleaned up the under-tray as well whilst I was there. Along with this I fitted a new panel filter, distributor cap and rotor arm.

Next up is the fuel filter, gearbox oil, rear diff oil, radiator cap and clean up the iridium spark plugs.

Gave the engine bay a clean afterwards ready for Dynodaze tomorrow :):

Attended Dynodaze today for there Supra day, was a great turnout with some stunning cars. Went for a ride in a NA-T and I was sold, awesome power delivery and sound! It has been an awesome day, met some great people. I also ran mine on the dyno and it made a humble 162 rear wheel horsepower, which I think is an acceptable result for a pretty much standard NA.

Here's a picture and the Dynograph:

• 3 weeks later...
Any more progress on this Rich?

Not heard anything for a while and seen you are swapping out the exhaust. Is this in prep of the TT lump swap?

Need updates, massive withdrawal and i miss her! :(

There shall be updates later tonight :p I've done a few things, refurb UK spec lights to look like facelifts, new exhaust, GReddy speed cut controller, drivers door edge straightened etc. Exhaust is in prep for more power... gathering parts for a NA-T build at the moment. Me and Josh (lad who came with me to purchase the car) are both doing NA-T builds at the same time. Starting after Christmas :D Was going to go the TT lump route but the prices of them are getting higher and higher, fancy the challenge of something bespoke.

How's your new motor going?

Fitted my new exhaust today. Decided to replace the 2.5" system for a slightly louder 3". Didn't take long to fit as the previous exhaust hadn't been fitted too long ago. I replaced the bolts and gaskets whilst I was fitting the new exhaust for good measure :)

Also managed to refurb my UK spec glass headlights. Didn't fancy forking out for facelift items, and haven't seen many *facelifted" UK's so thought I'd give it ago. Unfortunately no pictures fitted yet but here's a couple of pics, one before they were put back together and the other all back together and re-sealed. All old sealant was cleaned away and started completely from fresh:

Got round to fitting my headlights back in ready for the Hooters meet. As soon as I fitted them they started to fog up :(, as can be seen in the below pictures. Going to try and re-seal them again and maybe try some silica gel packets to absorb the moisture.

In others news, my wheels are now up for sale. Spotted some new ones :)

My lights also fog up after refurbing them. Need to find a solution too. I think the little bits of foam in the breather pipes that i no longer have dont help! Might be worth a check on yours too!

Will check them later mate, also going to try resealing them (again) and maybe some of those silica gel packets you get to absorb moisture?

Had all my warning lights re-soldered the other night, so they are all working now - only trivial but nice to have it done as none of my previous Supra's have had them all working, it seems to be a common fault.

I've also took a few more pics today now the headlights have finally de-misted :D: