The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of selling the widebody.

Ibrar Jabbar

Saying a car is better than another is slating it isn't it?

Saying it has better performance or handling is different to saying its better, again its comparing two completely different cars. Too much of a general comment.

If I walked up to someone and said my car was better, they'd take offence I reckon, my opinion or not, if I said my car `its a fact my car is better than yours` they would want to hurt me :D

Doesn't bother me either way. I think the GTR is awesome and can admit I'm jealous and when I'm a big boy I would love to own one but for now the old girl is my dream come true :)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying a car is better than another is slating it isn't it?

Saying it has better performance or handling is different to saying its better, again its comparing two completely different cars. Too much of a general comment.

If I walked up to someone and said my car was better, they'd take offence I reckon, my opinion or not, if I said my car `its a fact my car is better than yours` they would want to hurt me :D

Doesn't bother me either way. I think the GTR is awesome and can admit I'm jealous and when I'm a big boy I would love to own one but for now the old girl is my dream come true :)

You would expect a car that's 20 years newer to be better, surely? I think you're overreacting, pal.

But, the GT-R is a better car - that's fact. However, the subjective bit is down to enjoyment, thrill factor and personal taste. I'm not bashing the Supra, I owned one for 4 years. A great car, with an even better engine. But it's 1990's technology.

In 20 years, the GT-R will look how the Supra does now, it's natural evolution.

But, those who slate the GT-R without ever driving one, why?

We could all be in electric powered cars by then :)

This thread has got a bit out of hand! Those who own and enjoy the GTR good on you, I have driven several and thought about buying one thanks to some money I have burning a hole in my pocket but it doesn't do it for me, fast, yes, very, fun, not in my opinion, bit that's the point, its an opinion. I love my Supra, it makes me smile which is what i want from my toy. I am thinking 997 next personally.

There's the 'better' car based on scientific figures and there is a 'best car for me' that is based on a myriad of factors.

The GTR is a better car based on the scientific figures for sure and for many will be higher in the best car for me category. It can't be the best car for me personally as having a great car but being insolvent is not workable! To that end the GTR to me is an irrelevance other than it being another rare'ish car to add to the list of 'nice to spot' when out driving.

There is always a value for money aspect, if we had a Zonda defection then there would be similar jealously claims from up the pecking order to 'pah wouldn't buy one if I had the money' from down the pecking order.

For me the common ground is the niche/out of the ordinary nature, these cars all have that. Most on here would say that the supra was the better car over a 300zx, RX-7 and 3000gt, perhaps it was in many of the scientific ways, but there are dedicated owners of all of these marques that won't have ever owned or even considered owning a 'better' car in the Supra.

I doubt any of these clubs would have taken too kindly to the constant inference that if only you could see sense and if only you had the money you could be in a much better car. It's always difficult with these situations and it's why IMO there are Mkiv Supra forums separate to Mkiii etc even the NA TT thing on here can get out of hand and this GTR vs (TT) Supra is an extension of this.......no one believes you can be happy with a NA supra, you must just be poor right?

thanks to some money I have burning a hole in my pocket

Go single on your black NA Gaz :D

This forum needs more fast black supra's after the sad dismantling of JP's..... I really like how AJ's car is coming on but it's just a shame that he looks like a spare part from that band one direction ;)

Go single on your black NA Gaz :D

This forum needs more fast black supra's after the sad dismantling of JP's..... I really like how AJ's car is coming on but it's just a shame that he looks like a spare part from that band one direction ;)

It does tell me mate, i am going to sound like a massive looser but i get to drive fast at work so i don't have the urge to go nuts in my supra, i have some brilliant back roads where i live that the poke of the NA fits nicely, i am more into the handling than the out right speed i guess, i love RWD!

Though..... I may be tempted....

It does tell me mate, i am going to sound like a massive looser but i get to drive fast at work so i don't have the urge to go nuts in my supra, i have some brilliant back roads where i live that the poke of the NA fits nicely, i am more into the handling than the out right speed i guess, i love RWD!

Though..... I may be tempted....

I think that is a good argument really, I like the odd blast but don't need to be a bat out of hell everywhere. I would like to one day have a powerful car still..... Ho hum.