The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of selling the widebody.

Ibrar Jabbar

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the reason you're thinking of selling, storage/parking?

I saw this thread and thought you had absolutely lost your mind, after all the effort YOU have personally put into invested in making your dream Supra... don't make any decision about that car lightly Ibrar!! :(

Space is one of the reasons Steve, If I did sell I know I will never own anything like it again. I'm really not sure what I want to do TBH it's just a thought I had today. I'm going to take the car out tomorrow for a blast to bring the love back.

I swear I remember reading in your project thread something about never selling? :D

I did say that, I even said it to Jamie at Santa pod less than a week ago that I will never sell the Supra. :conf:

You are bloody nuts. Nothing comes close dude, what the hell would you replace it with? A GTR, that's like going from Kiera Knightley to Susan Boyle.

LOL Susan Boyle, I already have access to my bro's tuned GTR, however my own custom GTR would be nice.

I'll put my MR2 out on the driveway, you stick the Supra at my house for a week/month/year under a nice posh cover and immobilise it. Then, when the time comes and you re-realise you've got the keys to one of the world's best Supras, come back and get it again and thank me that you didn't sell. :)

It can keep my Supra company. ;)

I'll put my MR2 out on the driveway, you stick the Supra at my house for a week/month/year under a nice posh cover and immobilise it. Then, when the time comes and you re-realise you've got the keys to one of the world's best Supras, come back and get it again and thank me that you didn't sell. :)

It can keep my Supra company. ;)

Thanks Steve, its a very kind offer if your serious? however, I may be parking it up at the inlaws now.

Haha! Cheers mate, I feel I am right though, so the GTR is useable, so is a Supra, just go out and enjoy it dude, its an amazing, amazing piece of kit.

I going to do just that this weekend. :thumbs:

can you just rewind to this time last year Ibrar, i came to see you at work and you had the engine on a stand in the centre rear wall of the work shop, you could not stop grinning from ear to ear, and that was before the finished article. I have watched most of your Supra's and every one seems better than the last (Black one was impeccable) but everytime you let them go. I reckon this one is a keeper, look around at anything else on the road, i bet nothing blows you away like the F1 Bomb.

Sunny

Thanks Steve, its a very kind offer if your serious? however, I may be parking it up at the inlaws now.

I'm serious! I'd rather loan you my garage for a while then you sell it without having time to think about whether that's what you'd really want to do. :)

My mates can take the p1ss even more then - I'd have two Supras that I don't drive. ;)

+1 with an offer of parking! I've got a massive yard and a 4 car workshop, allbeit in the south, but if push came to shove and it stopped you selling... You've only just finished it, enjoy it and for god sake don't make a hasty decision to sell. Besides, if you sold it now, my lottery ticket hasn't come in yet, so I'd be forced to kick you square in the bollocks because I want it. By far the best Supra I've ever seen! (Although it'd be getting a wing - I lurrrrrrrve the wing!) :D

can you just rewind to this time last year Ibrar, i came to see you at work and you had the engine on a stand in the centre rear wall of the work shop, you could not stop grinning from ear to ear, and that was before the finished article. I have watched most of your Supra's and every one seems better than the last (Black one was impeccable) but everytime you let them go. I reckon this one is a keeper, look around at anything else on the road, i bet nothing blows you away like the F1 Bomb.

Sunny

LOL Sunny. I have never owned a car that turns so many heads. I stop at junctions, lights and other drivers get there mobiles out to take pics it's hilarious.

I'm serious! I'd rather loan you my garage for a while then you sell it without having time to think about whether that's what you'd really want to do. :)

My mates can take the p1ss even more then - I'd have two Supras that I don't drive. ;)

Thanks Steve, I am going to sleep on it tonight and make a decision tomorrow.

Space is the issue, I don't have it in the workshop and my drive is big enough for 3 cars and the garage is not wide enough. I bought the Carcoon off Ed but won't work on my drive as it's massive and will block any light into my bay window. I can put it in a nearby storage place if I need too but won't be able to use the electric operated Carcoon. What to do??

Buy a bigger carcoon sell the current one, they do bigger sizes ;).

:blink:

Like I said to you, even if you parked a Ferrari F430 next to this car it would make it look cheap & slow. At least own it for one year (so then I can save up & buy it off you) :D

It seriously is one of the best in the world NOT country!! Everything is spot on, inside, outside & power to boot!!