The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of selling the widebody.

Ibrar Jabbar

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With more accessible performance for more of the time, and grip levels that Supra owners can barely dream of.

That boils down to 4x4 vs RWD argument, that doesn't make the Supra flawed, just different. With some tuning my 4x4 Audi S2 would wipe the floor with a GTR or a Supra to 100. I wouldn't say it's a better car than a Supra though, just different.

and grip levels that Supra owners can barely dream of.

Thats just stating the obvious, A gtr is 4 wheel drive obviously the things going to grip, Also it got some many bloody computers doing so many things in seconds.

There 2 different cars the supra is just old school technology and the gtr is modern day :)

With more accessible performance for more of the time, and grip levels that Supra owners can barely dream of.

Tbh mate I also can buy a GTR if I want but choose not to. My brother owns one and I've driven it a lot, but it simply does not put a smile on my face like a supra. Personally I found it souless.

But as you yourself have said before it's silly people drawing so much comparison between the 2 cars. 20 years apart and just completely different animals in every way.

Thats just stating the obvious, A gtr is 4 wheel drive obviously the things going to grip, Also it got some many bloody computers doing so many things in seconds.

There 2 different cars the supra is just old school technology and the gtr is modern day :)

When you've driven both you can comment ;)

Tbh mate I also can buy a GTR if I want but choose not to. My brother owns one and I've driven it a lot, but it simply does not put a smile on my face like a supra. Personally I found it souless.

But as you yourself have said before it's silly people drawing so much comparison between the 2 cars. 20 years apart and just completely different animals in every way.

Completely.

I'm surprised how many people are still able to muster up the same comments about the GTR being computer driven and the Supra being so old in comparison.

If you want a GTR buy one, no need to slate the Supra. If you've never driven a GTR then you have no idea what the hell our on about.

What confuses me is how people want better grip bigger tyres LSD but a soon as you have AWESOME GRIP AMAZING SPEED thats just too good? If you want exciting go buy an NA and drive it with space savers. Bit two sided to say I want more power yet don't want to be able to control it? Im jealous you can't get a AWD supra I would think that would be loads of fun. Maybe other people are jealous about the amazing grip and performance and just think of some excuse like the spoiler isn't big enough?

I drove my mates 350z the other day and was jealous how tight all the steering and suspension felt though it's not a quick. If the car has `no soul` in my opinion it wasn't being driven quick enough.

This whole supra bashing and GTR being the holy grail is a bit .... Cringe! :)

Indeed.... it's getting a bit old to be honest. There's plenty of people on here with Supra's that can afford GTR's and would buy one if that way inclined. If we wanted to hear about how much better this X car is than Y, then we would head over to X's forum. Don't get me wrong, it's great to see what long term members/ex-supra owners are doing with their GTR's, but all the rubbish about how much better they are is getting a bit *yawn*. It's not a comparison that should be made, two totally different cars with different drivetrains... and technology that is 20-odd years apart.

It comes across as quite condescending and like Jamesy says... it's getting very cringe-worthy too :taped:

Edited by kill1308 (see edit history)

Surely it's all just down to personal pref and taste?

I mean, ofcourse you'd get around a track faster in a gtr than I would in a Lamborghini miura, or shelby cobra or my supra.......

But I much prefer the driving experience and looks of those cars, and I do get tired of the blahblah RWD/ 4WD stuff

Show me a GTR and I'll show it the tail lights of LS7 supercharged ultima anyday

That's not to say I don't enjoy the gtr, and it's awesome gift to bring modern day tech and supercar performance without the imminent death around the next corner consequence

All just IMO

Supra has such a SEXY shape

Indeed.... it's getting a bit old to be honest. There's plenty of people on here with Supra's that can afford GTR's and would buy one if that way inclined. If we wanted to hear about how much better this X car is than Y, then we would head over to X's forum. Don't get me wrong, it's great to see what long term members/ex-supra owners are doing with their GTR's, but all the rubbish about how much better they are is getting a bit *yawn*. It's not a comparison that should be made, two totally different cars with different drivetrains... and technology that is 20-odd years apart.

It comes across as quite condescending and like Jamesy says... it's getting very cringe-worthy too :taped:

But, the GT-R is a better car - that's fact. However, the subjective bit is down to enjoyment, thrill factor and personal taste. I'm not bashing the Supra, I owned one for 4 years. A great car, with an even better engine. But it's 1990's technology.

In 20 years, the GT-R will look how the Supra does now, it's natural evolution.

But, those who slate the GT-R without ever driving one, why?

Without his turning into whats better thread, i would have a GTR over a supra... thats without even driving one. I think both cars have knockout looks but the GTR is the future imo.

maybe so, maybe not - but putting down a car that a lot of people RAVED about , including peope that have now moved onto other cars, just seems a bit lame at best IMO.

maybe so, maybe not - but putting down a car that a lot of people RAVED about , including peope that have now moved onto other cars, just seems a bit lame at best IMO.

I have supra blood :blink:, all the while the supra scares the life out of me i got eyes for no other car. Both cars are lovely machines BUT they are 2 different things.

you dont love me no more

all the while the supra scares the life out of me i got eyes for no other car. Both cars are lovely machines BUT they are 2 different things.

Agreed!!

Driven rightly (or wrongly) a well specc'd single supra should always at least slightly scare the hell out of you on WOT! :)

people slate the GTR though, 99% of it is jealousy IMHO.

More than likely mate!

I don't think its all down to jealously, it might start getting to people having to hear how their car is now all of a sudden crap because a car costing 8 times the price has come along. There are loads of cars that are 'better' than a Supra, depends what you're looking for.

If Ibrar wants a GTR then let the guy get one, good luck to him, he's done enough to his Supra's in the past to say he's been there and done it all... and if he wants to keep it so let it be :)

Edited by Bobbeh (see edit history)

But, the GT-R is a better car - that's fact.

Who's slated the Supra?

Better car depending on what you want from a car. So it's down to opinion, not `fact`? If you like GTR's then yes it is, if you like Supra's then no it isn't? Opinion, not fact. Your trying to fight a battle on opinon's, your personal preference is not something you can wager an argument with. The car isn't better because you think it is.

I'd love the technology and performance in my Supra and I've seen a couple of front kit's that seriously makes me jealous :)