Headlight Rings

Noz

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm definitely still interested in the rings for the facelift headlights. Surely they could be pressed out of thin stainless steel and then chromed? Similar to the dash rings but obviously bigger.

The manufacturing fault process would put tooling cost seriously high for the price this forum needs. Sadly it wouldn't warrant the cost.

I think I have a solution. It may just not be the simplest.

I will start making these in 3-4 weeks :)

Want to post on my other threads too and pitch any more customers lol

- - - Updated - - -

What is the likely installation method? Dremel the rings out to leave a flat base on the inserts to stick the metal rings to? Will certainly need the six facelift rings.

Depends on how thin I can make them. I'd like a easy installation job.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Thread revival...

I'm in the process of qualifying a dedicated machine/fabrication shop.

This week I'm going to be prototyping headlight rings. I'll hopefully have a price shortly.

From what I've seen, pre-facelift is 2 rings per light, facelift is 3?

Please post any interest. I'll be gauging prices on quantity of people interested. Thanks :)

REALLY happy I've finally pushed my customs work to the next level and hopefully taking it a bit more seriously with producing my OWN products in house rather than relying on designing them and contracting out the production.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a set of pre facelift headlights to receive condition and do a trial with.

I've measured up an old set if inserts and got a design in mind for tooling.

Will be ordering material for this in a few days. Finally making some progress.

A set of facelift inserts would be good Del, PM me I'll forward my address. Get you a free set sorted out.

I'm hoping the tooling for the fog and dipped beam will be the same, whereas facelift will require it's own main beam so I'll probably only do tooling for that if there's enough interest after prototypes have been made.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! :cool: something like this has been a long time coming and I think demand will be good for them. I thought it was primarily the facelift rings that were prone to peeling though rather than pre-facelift, so the demand might be for the facelifts rather than pre