• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been a bit neck deep with this guy's I am sorry. I'm picking up the pieces of all my old custom ideas I've tried to complete for people so I'm back on the case.

The concern is having to modify the headlight with any rings, my angel eye halo's did require some fiddling about (apparently).

If someone has a spare set they are willing to let me play with, I shall see what I can do. When the first set comes, I'll need a decent set to try them with as all of mine are scrappers

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Well it's been a year since I looked into this. Now, I've got some equipment to hand so I'm taking an insert and seeing what I can make.

I'm limited on size, so I'm opting to make the two smaller rings. As per the photo.

If people are interested, I'll start making some prototypes.

I won't be selling anything until I've agreed hobbyist/trader status which I'm going over at the moment.

Thoughts and input appreciated. I know I'm sometimes slow on new projects, but I've a machinist ready to look at the inserts to try and make these.

I can also make them from bronze for those who want a gold finish. And for those of you stinking rich I can also offer a silver plating service at a premium.

This photo is what I found on google, IT IS NOT WHAT I HAVE TO SELL. It's what I will be aiming for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

So, it's been three years since this original post. I expect some of the people who have posted here, may not even have a supra anymore!

Previously, I've been relying on other people for assistance with this. I'm now looking at funding the tooling to have these made, by myself. And/or the development work.

I'm unsure at this time the end result OR the time scale. But I'd like some feedback on the realistic interest on having metal (unsure of material at the moment) headlight rings to replace the stock ones.

I expect, I will be able to provide a number of materials, and therefore, different colours.

I'm waiting for a call back from a couple of new manufacturing companies as now I can fund these projects by myself. Of course though, that's a risk unless people actually want these.

All feedback welcomed.

Been waiting 3 years for this :D Still have a Supra! (Just about). I investigated having some rings CNC made but the price was silly. I had my current set re-chromed years ago and they have sinced tarnished yellow. Vinyl I'm told will peel if you do manage to wrap them. Plasti-dip doesn't come in chrome. I was all set to just paint them shiny silver for the next refurb so some polished metal ones are going to be the best option short of replacing for new.