Headlight Rings

Noz

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dipped beam done, using mild steel. Need to check this now with stainless steel, then I'll be mocking up the first prototype. Needless to say, I'm really happy with progress so far. The rings on the insert are painted white. This ring actually clips on without any glue or drilling.

attachment.php?attachmentid=213593&d=1469703185

attachment.php?attachmentid=213592&d=1469703171

IMG-20160728-WA0003_resized.jpg

IMG-20160728-WA0002_resized.jpg

Thanks guys!

I'll start splitting my trial set and time how long it all takes for a refurbish and ring install. Then I'll have an idea for price with them fitted.

Refurbed with sprayed inner and new rings fitted would be a good option :)

• 4 weeks later...

Foglight ring complete.

Small modification on dipped beam ring for dimensional issues.

These will be provided as polished.

In the final stages of development now. Will be reviewing costs soon and giving some ideas on prices, installed with headlight refurb and non-fitted.

attachment.php?attachmentid=214125&d=1472147377

attachment.php?attachmentid=214126&d=1472147442

IMG-20160825-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20160825-WA0009 - Copy.jpg

IMG-20160825-WA0010.jpg

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

They look great mate, are you going to do a ring to go on the prefacelift/uk spec big projector too?

Thanks pal. I've not thought of adding a ring on the pre-facelift projector. As it doesn't have a ring, I haven't considered it.

However, I have a set of facelift inserts to review dimensions on. I will manufacture main beam rings, and then see how they size up on the pre-facelift inserts. It may mean they suit the insert, just don't have any material to sit on so need to be manually attached.

Thanks pal. I've not thought of adding a ring on the pre-facelift projector. As it doesn't have a ring, I haven't considered it.

However, I have a set of facelift inserts to review dimensions on. I will manufacture main beam rings, and then see how they size up on the pre-facelift inserts. It may mean they suit the insert, just don't have any material to sit on so need to be manually attached.

If you could find a way to allow a third to be fitted to a set of uks i will take a set :)

How are the UK lights different? They just have a glass lens and chromed insert on a jspec pre facelift body.

I'm missing the different in why they will fit differently mate.

UK spec is prefacelift in design

not sure if the inners are different but i know the lenses are. If the inners are the same then yeah some pre facelift rings will suffice :)