The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I love my NA

mr two

You have no standards whatsoever...... Shall we just get married and cut to the chase?

I prefer a bit of courting/foreplay first, want to take me out in your ca...........oh its an NA........erm.......I've got a headache......sorry.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I prefer a bit of courting/foreplay first, want to take me out in your ca...........oh its an NA........erm.......I've got a headache......sorry.

Surely a bus would be a better choice as at the moment I could fail a breathalyser just by farting. Can courting count as my chucking up on you while murmuring sorry and nodding off for a little kip like a cat in the sun?

How about mentioning that the N/A might be the common sense approach for alot of first time sports car owners like myself?

i could have bought a TT, although the insurance might have been too expensive, but i've never owned a RWD car before and my last car had half the power of an N/A Supra.

My point? If i bought the TT and somehow could afford the insurance, i'd probably have crashed it already.

*waits for the "well clearly you're a sh&t driver" replies*

How about mentioning that the N/A might be the common sense approach for alot of first time sports car owners like myself?

i could have bought a TT, although the insurance might have been too expensive, but i've never owned a RWD car before and my last car had half the power of an N/A Supra.

My point? If i bought the TT and somehow could afford the insurance, i'd probably have crashed it already.

you are totally right but I just find like many others do is that after a month or two you just always want a bit more.......... I share this attitude with my eating habits too.

I agree with you mate, my past cars have been a 1.0l vauxhall corsa then a 1.4l citroen c4 coupe and now my NA, now can you imagine going from a FWD 1.4 citroen to a 3.0 TT or single turbo with no RWD experience at all, i think i would have definately crashed it already, as when i got my NA the weather was really bad round here and i lost the back end on my first day of driving but managed to reign it back in somehow, now if that was a turbo or TT im sure it would have been worse

I agree with you mate, my past cars have been a 1.0l vauxhall corsa then a 1.4l citroen c4 coupe and now my NA, now can you imagine going from a FWD 1.4 citroen to a 3.0 TT or single turbo with no RWD experience at all, i think i would have definately crashed it already, as when i got my NA the weather was really bad round here and i lost the back end on my first day of driving but managed to reign it back in somehow, now if that was a turbo or TT im sure it would have been worse

Same boat, first car was a 1.4 astra, second car was a 1.6 56' astra, 3rd car a 3.0 Supra, TT would definitely killed me by now haha.

hahaha you just havent driven the single or twin varient yet fella ...huuush! i started on na it was lovely buut it wont last long!

I know all you Turbo Supra owners might not agree, but i am sure there are a lot of NA owners who will ;):p.. people should not knock the NA's.

My NA has the looks - turns heads and compliments said wherever she goes...she is so smooth to drive, sounds awesome and she is very responsive even without the help of a turbo.. added to which she will be more reliable than a turbo and better on fuel too:):D

Don't get me wrong here - i also love driving a turbo'd car..i've owned a few MR2 Turbos and they were mental on performance but i still love driving my NA Supra:D

To be fair my first RWD car was a turbo one. I wrote that off, and I've written off several since.

Now you see ... thats the last thing we need!

We need to keep all the supras we can, its not like they are common place in this land.

Everyone enjoys a supra ... the presence, the smooth styling, the fact that onlookers have no idea what it is that they are drooling over, etc. etc.

I don't think twin turbo, single turbo & NA-T owners are knocking the NA Supra per se - just its speed/excitement.

In the end, it comes down to budget and satisfaction levels.

I agree 100% it does come down to own budget and satisfaction, i admit i would of loved to off got nice tt manual but didnt have the money as work was slow and was getting fed up of mondeo so thought just get a n/a and now that have one am looking forward to doing a na-t project on her myself as i enjoy things like that

It depends what you want from a car really. I wanted the Supra looks without the cost of repairing Turbos every 5 mins.

On almost every car forum that you go on that has a Turbo version, there are always posts about "turbo not spooling" "turbo broken" "oil coming from turbo" and many other turbo related questions.

I wanted the looks and reliability and honestly, i think the N/A has a fair bit of power. If you want to go out and race everything in sight to try to prove something, then thats fine. Someone can look at my car, not know if it's N/A, Turbo, Twin Turbo etc, try to race me and i laugh as they go screaming off while i leisurely move off the line.

The best time this happened was when he went straight through a speed camera.............i laughed SO hard :)

Peter

I'd never even been in a TT and I wanted boost. I drove mine with a turbo fitted before I even went in a TT. And to this day, I've still not even been in a TT while it's moving. Raced a few ;) But never driven one.

I knew I wanted boost the day I bought it. But I wanted to build it, not just go and buy it already done. I wanted to learn about how it works. Depends what you want. People can afford to buy an NA and go single and learn SOOOOO much about their engine. If you buy a TT and go single its big bucks.

You travel the same journey you can't always afford to go the whole way.

If you can afford to run a supra I'd recommend driving it less and saving for boost. Even though when I got mine it wasn't running right, that feeling... can't beat it. And the fact it's the same engine makes you even more pleased. it's like it had hidden potential.

It depends what you want from a car really. I wanted the Supra looks without the cost of repairing Turbos every 5 mins.

On almost every car forum that you go on that has a Turbo version, there are always posts about "turbo not spooling" "turbo broken" "oil coming from turbo" and many other turbo related questions.

I wanted the looks and reliability and honestly, i think the N/A has a fair bit of power. If you want to go out and race everything in sight to try to prove something, then thats fine. Someone can look at my car, not know if it's N/A, Turbo, Twin Turbo etc, try to race me and i laugh as they go screaming off while i leisurely move off the line.

The best time this happened was when he went straight through a speed camera.............i laughed SO hard :)

Peter

Thats a rather sweeping statement buddy. the turbo's dont pop evey five minutes. Pushing any engine can bring about issues. Pushing an NA can be as reliable as pushing a TT depending on condition.

I'd never even been in a TT and I wanted boost. I drove mine with a turbo fitted before I even went in a TT. And to this day, I've still not even been in a TT while it's moving. Raced a few ;) But never driven one.

I knew I wanted boost the day I bought it. But I wanted to build it, not just go and buy it already done. I wanted to learn about how it works. Depends what you want. People can afford to buy an NA and go single and learn SOOOOO much about their engine. If you buy a TT and go single its big bucks.

You travel the same journey you can't always afford to go the whole way.

If you can afford to run a supra I'd recommend driving it less and saving for boost. Even though when I got mine it wasn't running right, that feeling... can't beat it. And the fact it's the same engine makes you even more pleased. it's like it had hidden potential.

Thats a rather sweeping statement buddy. the turbo's dont pop evey five minutes. Pushing any engine can bring about issues. Pushing an NA can be as reliable as pushing a TT depending on condition.

completely agreed, i purposely looked for a 6spd NA as i wanted boost at a later date but couldn't afford a TT outright at the time, I'm going to be building the engine myself and will learn a lot about it in the process which is what i had always planned :)

And its J-Specs that bring the price of UK's down !!

Naa, the dildo's and lardy arse suspension do that all by themselves :p :D

What you on about boy, my NA costs more than a lot of TT's :D

Exceptions to the rule.

Anyway, I'm setting up an N/A hunt next month if anyones interested, in a nutshell, a bunch of us turbo owners get together then tour the country looking for N/A's, when we find one we surround the N/A, point and laugh at the N/A and then throw sardines at the driver...............who's in?

r

Of course there are loads of threads on turbo problems. How often do you get threads which start with "Nothing to report, my cars driving okay and not giving me any issues" :D

The only reason people buy NAs is costs. (and I've been in that position) There's plenty that can go wrong on NAs that turbos don't suffer from too, such as the variable inlet. It's also expensive to put right and a royal PITA.

Naa, the dildo's and lardy arse suspension do that all by themselves :p :D

Exceptions to the rule.

Anyway, I'm setting up an N/A hunt next month if anyones interested, in a nutshell, a bunch of us turbo owners get together then tour the country looking for N/A's, when we find one we surround the N/A, point and laugh at the N/A and then throw sardines at the driver...............who's in?

Don't you own an NA too?