whats everyones problem with Veilside?

viper

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the veilside bumper looks alright. I wanted one before I owned a supra. Not everyones a huge fan of the one I have now, I think its down to personal choice.

I think the main reason people have turned against the kit, is because it's been a trend on so many cars, saxo's, corsa's, I had one on my 95 celica and it wasn't as sharp as the supra bumper and looked nice at the time with a gt4 spoiler. But its definitely the reason its linked to boy-racer status.

The veilside spoiler wont do anything but slow it down, that's personal choice to style I spose.

Guest JohnSupra1

Veilside style it not Too bad expect the bumper and wing looked horrible!!! One thing my favouritse is Veilside wide arch kit and Veilside Ti

In my opinion yes the veilside is OK, its all to their own i suppose but, i suppose i dont have a place to comment yet as i dont have a supra yet so i dont know what i will do with mine, but the idea of a supra to me is the power under the hood, yes i will be adding my choice of alloys and exhaust and getting it lowered if need be but at the end of the day Toyota scientists etc put a lot of money and effort into the design of the supra and that should not be ruined, i think the supra even at nearly 20 years old still looks like a modern day car, like said before i will be concentrating on performance but my final words is that i think the veilside looks ok as long as it is kept in tip top condition, any well kept shiny supra floats my boat :-)

I like it :) I find it is a lairy body kit to start with so you will attract the attention of more people. The only it I don't like I'd the spoiler and that's just a taste issue. I was debating running mine full VS Spoilerless but couldn't find any pictures to see if I liked it :(

im going to stick this up as this is one veilside supra i love!

I am not a fan of the kit at all, but as other have said each to there own, but imo this proves it can be done and look good, but i would still rather have it stock, lowered with some lovely wheels.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=149101&stc=1&d=1333051773

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=149102&stc=1&d=1333051773

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=149103&stc=1&d=1333051773

I cannot believe I am saying this but somehow this car (third photo mainly) has pulled it off and I (Gulp) think it looks nice ish. It might just be a good photo and mainly because the car is very clean and it fits with the wheels and spoiler/stance of the car and is a nice shade of red. I am going to lie down and think about what I have said now.

I quite like some Veilside cars. In a few years some will be retro, I'd like a combat one with a great big, laggy Trust/Greddy turbo kit.

The main issue for me is many of the replicas look horrific, and when combined with garish paint and tonnes of filler, it's never going to look nice.

I dont think there is anything wrong with veilside when its done properly. I know it can look ott but i think thats the whole point of the kits that they make for cars. They want the cars to stand out. It must have been all the rage in japan at one point as loads of the imports that came in had veilside kits on the cars.1999 Veilside Supra Limited_2.jpg047241.jpg025541.jpg

I think the whole problem is like someone mentioned before with it being over done, being done badly and also seeing little chav cars with these wanabe veilside kits. Like this car, its horrible.

0.jpg

• 2 months later...
One of my fav' supras. Love it. looks amazing.

I would rather see mine on bricks while on fire than having that spoiler and front end...... I don't mind the skirts but mainly it depends who and what styled the car as a whole.

Edit: I like the wheels and the fact it is an aerotop too.... I also like the fact you obviously care about it and probbably look after it.