The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A few reasons why not to use Nippon autos

hodge

i will not be needing it lol if you can sort something out with hodge its yours. on the up note ive got a optima yellow top battery going up to hoges that should solve one of the problems lol

Thanks Simon, I'll have a chat with Hodge at some point when he isn't too busy and see what we can arrange. And you've just reminded me I need to sort a new battery too.

Glad its all going well :)

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Simon, I'll have a chat with Hodge at some point when he isn't too busy and see what we can arrange. And you've just reminded me I need to sort a new battery too.

Glad its all going well :)

It went in the bin mate. It was too long and couldn't be shortened because of that rediculous boss that was sticking up. So it wasn't any food for anything really apart from weighing the bin down a little.

Ok guy, here's a few piccy of what I've uncovered as I've gone on with the car.

Ive fitted a Walbro pump so the car will be full BPU when it leaves. When I took the pump out I was presented with this. I was pretty lost for words anctually when I saw this, all I could think of was WTF.

The hanger was actually bent to this shape when I lifted it out.

God knows what all this white stuff is, it looks like primer. But it's beyond me why anyone would primer a fuel pump hanger.

This is the state of the filter lmao. What is going on here?

Whilst I had the plenum off the car I thought I'd give the engine bit of a clean up. There was mountains of gunk n slime on there. But 3 cans of degreaser and a wire brush later it was as good as new.

Picked a set of these to go in.

After trying to remove the plugs, I found all the plug recesses were filled with glass, yes glass. All I can think of was an inspection lamp has been broken over the engine and the glass has fell in. Now the problem I had was, if I took the plugs out, all the glass will fall into the bores and waz the engine. So I came up with this.

I got the wife's Hoover (she was out), taped some hose to the end and sucked it out lol. Worked a treat.

Here's what the plug holes looked like when I removed the coil packs.

This is what me and Bossco devised to get the glass out.

New plugs now fitted, new coil pack clips, and coil packs all cleaned up.

Done some work on this today.

I've rebuilt the intake side of the car and just as a matter of caution I've replaced every vac line on the engine as there was a vac leak somewhere which I couldn't find.

Simon has bought a new yellow top battery because the one on the car had seen better days, to say the least. In the future he's wanting a wire tuck so has asked me to put the battery in the boot as a start to the engine tidy.

I've also relocated the igniter pack while I was on.

Battery removed

Igniter relocated and charcoal canister removed.

All turbo hoses replaced.

Always great work john. Im starting to think you dont sleep, you carry out work on your car and other members and still have time for work....... pretty impressive :D

I do like my sleep, I've just woke up actually (yaaaaaaaaaawwwwwn).

hats off to hodge, nice one

Thanks Gaz

Thought we were best mates anyway H, I feel used now :(

Yep, I am kind of shallow like that. You had best mate potential until I saw you trying to fit a massive airbed in a one man tent and then I thought, this guy aint right in the head..!!

H.