The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A few reasons why not to use Nippon autos

hodge

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok folks, due to very generous members I now have an updated list of parts needed.

Complete fusebox casing and lid,

TT viscous fan

Complete fan shroud

Stock Positive battery terminal

Set of TT manual clocks (autos would work but would rather use manual)

I may need a FCD but not sure as yet.

It hanks again for all the help guys. Truly is a great community.

Thanks for everyones help im the sad and depressed owner of this car

If anyone can sort it, John can. However, I'm a bit concerned now as my Supra had receipts from Nippon from the last owner. Can I book a few hours of your time John when you have a mo. :(

Ok folks, due to very generous members I now have an updated list of parts needed.

Complete fusebox casing and lid,

TT viscous fan

Complete fan shroud

Stock Positive battery terminal

Set of TT manual clocks (autos would work but would rather use manual)

I may need a FCD but not sure as yet.

It hanks again for all the help guys. Truly is a great community.

What a community, that is such a wonderful gesture, well done to everyone involved.

Thanks for everyones help im the sad and depressed owner of this car

Chin up Simon, you got one of the best in the country working on your car, I'd be ecstatic not depressed! :D

I've spoke to Simon this morning, he said he has phoned Nippon autos today and they basically told him they didn't care and wernt interested. Total four king cowboys.

My advice would be to STAY WELL CLEAR.

Fair enough, but in this game, its not long before words spread like wildfire over car forums. So on there own head be it. Fuds!!!!

Get it done:

http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/business/trading_standards/contacting_us/default.asp

Then write TS a letter detailing all the problems and highlight the serious safety issues with pictures as found by Hodge. Make sure you also send a copy of said letter to the Nippon Cowboys with pictures.

For a start that battery would be an instant MOT fail, and the police would ticket you for it if an inspection was done.

Then post on every single Japanese car forum you can think off. And Just for the sake of google, that was Nippon Autos in Derby

http://nipponautoparts.net/

http://www.nipponautospares.com/

http://www.touchderby.com/business/list/bid/3419783

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/nippon-auto-spares-ltd/3a/8a4/320

Edited by TubbyTwo (see edit history)

Guest MikeyTT

I am new to this forum. I will shortly be buying a new car, and I am now hooked on a TT6 Supra. I've been on a lot of forums, and although some are very good, this community is by far and away the best I've came across! After reading this thread, I am certain the supra community is the one for me.

Can't believe how helpful and generous some owners have been, well done to you all!

Keep up the good work folks.

Mikey

Im sure Hodge would be happy to compile a small report with pictures of every problem he has found (as a result of Nippon Autos in Derby's involvement) to submit to Trading Standards.

The car is majorly not fit for purpose now, not to mention a bit of a safety hazzard!

Something has to be done about these cowboys or others will suffer the same fate as you. As go to trading standards and report them they might of already had complaints about them and one more could be the final nail in the coffin. To be honest I'm not all that experienced and no where near the skills of hodge and I could of done twice the job they have done that is just laziness and total lack of respect!

I am new to this forum. I will shortly be buying a new car, and I am now hooked on a TT6 Supra. I've been on a lot of forums, and although some are very good, this community is by far and away the best I've came across! After reading this thread, I am certain the supra community is the one for me.

Can't believe how helpful and generous some owners have been, well done to you all!

Keep up the good work folks.

Mikey

:thumbs:

And we raised £5k (Well £10k) for charity yesterday! ;)

So let me get this right, this is Nippon Autos in Derby?