The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A few reasons why not to use Nippon autos

hodge

The Nippon Autos Speaker wire special.

this thread just keeps on giving! Just realised that one of the guys that owns the company is Shaf who used to be on the MR2 scene, bought loads of stuff from him in the past with top class service.

looks like standards have slipped, if they have any left!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I's anything going to be easy with this car, lol, I think not. The new loom arrived today and look like its gone 12 rounds with Freddy Cruger. There's loads of wires cut and just left loose and some have been cut that short from the ECU plug I'm going to have to remove the wires from the plug and fit new ones from my spare loom.

TBH, I engine mucho g around with engine looms, I've done a few now and it's a right laugh lol. I'll try and update with pics tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Time for an update and thankfully a conclusion to this.

I finished this for Simon and he took it away today, a very happy bunny. It's been a rollercoaster to say the least, but an interesting job never the less.

I removed the plenum yet again and pulled out the whole engine loom.

The loom I got from Parry needed quite a few hours work to repair but I quite enjoy messing around with looms if I'm honest.

Bit of a work in progress pic.

After fitting the the new loom I then put in another fuel rail and injectors I got from Johnny.G, I also fitted a new set of injector seals I had spare in the garage, just to try and cover every angle as it went back together.

All went back together smoothly, I finished at 9pm last night. I fired her up this morning and BOOOOOOOOOM, she sprung into life and ran beautifully. Success!!!!!!!

Test drive time, WOW. This has got some serious poke. I'm under the impression these turbos are some sort of hybrids. The 1st turbo pulled hard but the 2nd actually took my breath away, Literally...

Around 4-5 boost pulls and I was happy all was good. As I took it back up the hill to my house I gave her 1 more blip and ahhhhh, the clutch started to skip.

When Simon asked me to upgrade the car to BPU I was concerned the clutch wouldn't hold up as my guess was it would still be a stock N/A clutch. SOOOOOO, new clutch is next on the cards for this beast.

I gave it a quick clean, whilst waiting for Simon to come and collect it. Thanks to Bossco and Robby.A for helping me out with this.

I spoke to Simon when he got home, and he told me he lost his bottle when it came onto boost lmao.

Here's a few more pics for you all after I'd finished the car.

And finally, off it goes with 1 happy supra owner.

You are a legend !!! People like you hodge are few and far between these days, great club spirit !!

I'm not going to lie, I was pleased to see it drive out the street, with a feeling of relief, and also a huge feeling of contempment and achievement. Let's hope he enjoys the car as supras should.

I'm not going to lie, I was pleased to see it drive out the street, with a feeling of relief, and also a huge feeling of contempment and achievement. Let's hope he enjoys the car as supras should.

Nice conclusion to a great thread, Well done Hodge I am sure he will love it :thumbs:

Thanks a lot guys.

What I did find a little funny was, he was talking of a single conversion a few weeks back, and his botty was twitching when it came onto boost with the twins lol. But I'm sure once he gets used to it, the craving for power will emerge lol.