The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A few reasons why not to use Nippon autos

hodge

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor guy, This is surely going to be one of the most expensive TT conversions ever with the most hassle too. I would be devastated if this was me but good on you Hodge and all the people donating parts or help/advice as it shows the great club spirit this place has.

Whilst I've got the car Simon has asked me to take it to BPU level and also do a few other mods for him too.

Whilst I've got the car Simon has asked me to take it to BPU level and also do a few other mods for him too.

People like me in a NA cannot comprehend the fun of BPU :D

It will be an awesome car for him when it is finished, How much longer roughly do you think you will have to have it for and more importantly have all the hidden surprises/problems stopped coming to light now??

I'm looking for an idle control valve for it to stop the erratic idle at present and I'm relocating the battery too. I've had it running and it sounds great. Unfortunately it's blasted down with rain all week so I've been a little stuck apart from the full day I had on it on Saturday. I recon about 3 full days work and I could have it finished as long as nothing else occurs. But I've covered everything now I think so all should be good.

John you are a credit to this club after reading this whole thread. The work you have put into it is unbelievable, much like the "work" done by these cowboys. It really will be a new car once you have finished with it. A proper silver lining of what is a very dark cloud.

Ross

John you are a credit to this club after reading this whole thread. The work you have put into it is unbelievable, much like the "work" done by these cowboys. It really will be a new car once you have finished with it. A proper silver lining of what is a very dark cloud.

Ross

I told my Dad about this thread earlier, Like stated above certain people on here are a credit to the forum full stop :thumbs:

Great work Hodge, as said many times you're a credit to the forum :thumbs:

The paintwork in the engine bay is terrible, will that be getting some attention too? Excessive wire tucking isn't normally my thing, but a very minimal engine bay in that flip colour would look spectacular IMO.

Things are moving on now. I'm just waiting on parts from Rob (throttle body and PAS resevior). These should arrive tomorrow, if so I'll get it running again and hopefully all will be fine this time.

Simons asked me do do a few other bits while I've got the car too. Battery relocation is now done, turbo timer is fitted, I've removed the ugly fog light hanging down under the car and wired it into the taillights.

While I ran the fusebox power cable through the inner wing, I decided to tuck the engine loom on the passanger side too, just cos it was annoying me really lol. I did leave the fusebox in place though, as the vents on the veilside bumper are huge and if I located the box under there it's going to get soaked, and there's not much support to fit a splatter shield.

Si has asked me to do the drivers side so I'll get onto that tomorrow hopefully.

I'm having a well deserved day off today. I was working on this 5hrs Friday night when I got in from work, all day Saturday until 9pm then worked on my car until 4am, then back into this all day Sunday.

TODAY, IS MY CHILLING DAY.

The paintwork in the engine bay is terrible, will that be getting some attention too? Excessive wire tucking isn't normally my thing, but a very minimal engine bay in that flip colour would look spectacular IMO.

Simon has told me the car will be getting painted again in the near future, and the engine bay painted as well, so all will be good in the end.

The paintwork in the engine bay will that be getting some attention have new body kit to go on. and a new pint in mind1_540.jpg kit SanGimignano-TownSquare_25.jpg and new colour

• 2 weeks later...
How are things getting on ? Hodge you are a credit to this place !!

Welllllllll

This car is certainly an interesting piece of kit, that's for sure.

I got the throttle body, PAS tank anf BOV fitted, fired it up and it ran perfectly. A little lumpy at 1st but sorted itself out in a few minutes. Guess it was ECU learning time. It has a miss between 2-3k but not a big issue, faulty igniter pack I'd have thought. I had the car running for about 40mins, I bled the engine and PAS, then lowered the car back down. Still issues with the steering being heavy.

I turned the car off, fired it up again and the idle was all over the place again, revving itself up and down.

After a chat with Chris Wilson, he suggested checking for air leaks with a propane want, so I did this and came up with nothing. No leaks what so ever.

Every vac line has been replaced and everything connected with the idle has been replaced too. So seems its an intermittent fault, I turned my attention back to the loom.

After having a chat with Simon and his Misus, he told me when the engine went in, the mechanic said the loom was a mess and chopped to bits, and he had to butcher it to get the car to work.

Alarm bells started ringing straight away. So I pulled the loom back into the engine bay and removed some of the insulation tape and conduit, and sure enough, there was more reconnections than Vodafone. Some of the loom had even been twisted together with speaker wire. The colours of the wire on some occasions don't match up either so god knows how he worked out where each wire went. Instead of me pulling the loom and stripping it down which would odviously take days to do, we have located another loom from Parry, who bought it from Rob.D and didn't use. So over the weekend I'll swap over the looms and hopefully that will be the end of it.

If simons ok with it, I would like to keep the loom and strip it down at some point and see what exactly has gone on inside there, but I'll chat with him at a later date about it.

Welllllllll

This car is certainly an interesting piece of kit, that's for sure.

I got the throttle body, PAS tank anf BOV fitted, fired it up and it ran perfectly. A little lumpy at 1st but sorted itself out in a few minutes. Guess it was ECU learning time. It has a miss between 2-3k but not a big issue, faulty igniter pack I'd have thought. I had the car running for about 40mins, I bled the engine and PAS, then lowered the car back down. Still issues with the steering being heavy.

I turned the car off, fired it up again and the idle was all over the place again, revving itself up and down.

After a chat with Chris Wilson, he suggested checking for air leaks with a propane want, so I did this and came up with nothing. No leaks what so ever.

Every vac line has been replaced and everything connected with the idle has been replaced too. So seems its an intermittent fault, I turned my attention back to the loom.

After having a chat with Simon and his Misus, he told me when the engine went in, the mechanic said the loom was a mess and chopped to bits, and he had to butcher it to get the car to work.

Alarm bells started ringing straight away. So I pulled the loom back into the engine bay and removed some of the insulation tape and conduit, and sure enough, there was more reconnections than Vodafone. Some of the loom had even been twisted together with speaker wire. The colours of the wire on some occasions don't match up either so god knows how he worked out where each wire went. Instead of me pulling the loom and stripping it down which would odviously take days to do, we have located another loom from Parry, who bought it from Rob.D and didn't use. So over the weekend I'll swap over the looms and hopefully that will be the end of it.

If simons ok with it, I would like to keep the loom and strip it down at some point and see what exactly has gone on inside there, but I'll chat with him at a later date about it.

You never know he might want it to hang the mechanic with :D

Brilliant, speaker wire, that's kind of the icing on the cake. Good man Hodge, this is impressive work, im looking forward to seeing it finished. Can we have a video of it driving off into the sunset, that would kind of be fitting.

Maybe the guy who is having all the work done shaking Hodge's hand would make a nice picture instead first :D

Brilliant, speaker wire, that's kind of the icing on the cake. Good man Hodge, this is impressive work, im looking forward to seeing it finished. Can we have a video of it driving off into the sunset, that would kind of be fitting.

Maybe the guy who is having all the work done shaking Hodge's hand would make a nice picture instead first :D

Lol ya daftys haha.

Ya the paint is not the best .hodge is doing a mint good. And as for the loom its yours mate

That's Si, now get off here before Gemma goes mental lol.