The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A few reasons why not to use Nippon autos

hodge

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading all of this I am actually quite surprised not to have seen you post that the gearbox wasn't bolted on right or will that emerge when they do the clutch lol :)

Looks like they did the engine rapid fit stylee, hoist it up and drop it in from the ceiling :( wonder what got dinked on the bottom of the engine when it was dropped in? Just goes to show you though you really are entering the lottery when you get an unknown supplied engine bodged into a car like that.

its very fast lol but it drives like a bus. as the power steering pump is on the way out. its the next jot on the list . the car was so low it pulled the front bumper of well f**ked it so i had the standard springs put back on luckly i have a new front bumper for it lol. but all in all loving haveing my car back

its very fast lol but it drives like a bus. as the power steering pump is on the way out. its the next jot on the list . the car was so low it pulled the front bumper of well f**ked it so i had the standard springs put back on luckly i have a new front bumper for it lol. but all in all loving haveing my car back

Hopefully the engine is the only thing Nippon pikeys have touched!

At least you know now Hodge has been at the engine the car in that aspect is spot on.

Thanks for this thread and after reading it I am going to be getting mine done soon.... Booked in for Thursday...... Excited.com

Edit: Should I get Knightracer to fit the full bodykit 1st or after the conversion??

Doesnt matter, way they Nippon or KR will find a way to ***k it up.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. Enjoy the work but it's even nicer watching the cars drive away knowing you've sorted it. It's certainly been an interesting job that's for sure.

I've got an old mk3 on the drive at the minute, for a bit of BPU work. There a nightmare to work on compared the the flagship MKIVs.

• 4 months later...

Im watching a newish car breaking thing called strippers cars for cash on national geo and these clowns nippon autos or on it,

the programme is pants btw just thought i would mention these were on it, they obviously arent shy at going on the tele but are defintley shy at sorting problems out

Aye, total set of muppets. I've had The car for a week doing a little more work on it and I'm still finding issues, it's insane. I couldn't sleep at night knowing I'd pulled someone's eyes out for substandard work like this.

Here's a couple of pics of my latest escapades with Simons car. The bay is starting to look really nice. Once the inner wings are painted I'm sure it will look the nuts.

Painted? I thought that was your blood sweat and tears :) Your stuff is all back here now, block bores are cock on, I trust him but had to check with the Mercer, I'm just that sort of guy. Ring gaps, core plugs and a general check over and it's done.

Awesome sauce. I'll ring you mid week Chris for the final bill :s

Jesus, just read this thread and well done hodge! Can't believe how you've tuned this around?! Glad there are members like you on the forum!

Aye, it wasn't great when it arrived. Was a bit of a needle in a haystack, but I find stuff like this interesting.