The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fast and Furious Replica (Orange Supra) - Take 2

pbryant_knight

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If done properly it will be a great car, F&F was the reason I wanted a supra in the first place. Whether people like it or not it was a massive point in making the supra the icon it is today.

Random info, the "hero car" of F&F was originally written to be a 3000GT but as they don't have any OEM targa model the part was re-written for the Supe.

Good to see your doing another replica mate. It's not my cup of tea, and I'd never own one, but every time I drove past yours in the morning when you had it. I'd glance over and have a little "supra's are awesome" chuckle to myself.

I wondered where KITT went, didn't realise you'd sold it. It's a shame this thread got off to a bad start, but once it comes out of the body shop, I wouldn't mind popping over and having a shufty.

:)

While I think the decals and styling have dated (somewhat like parachute pants, hypercolour t-shirts, and flat-top hairstyles), I do love a project.

Of course, me being me, I expect a solid 650 hp from this or it's not an accurate replica.

My honest opinion is really smarten that one up.. Sell it on for more than you paid... Get an Aero top... Then to the F&F replica :)

Same. You've done it before, why not go all out this time, make every detail as right as you can, and I mean study the video showing any parts of the engine/interior etc. and copy it.

I had thought of the 2fast 2furious supra but it doesn't really have the presence that the first one had.

I would seriously consider changing the car for an aerotop. You can't win here really. To make a replica it has to be 100% if you want a reaction from people viewing it. I also thought that the original wheels weren't made anymore?

There is a fine line between making a fine replica and being a chav..!!

Good luck with whichever way you decide to go.

H.

I'm assuming it's going to be single though? Aerotop or not it needs to be quick. Imagine having an NA kitted out like that and one day pulling up next to a black Ferrari F355 at a set of lights...

...Then finding out that's an MR2 and you're still quicker :D

haha, i'd have loved an aerotop ideally but finances won't provide unfortunately. Like i said, i got this car for a decent price so wasn't complaining. I've looked into getting an aerotop chop in the future if i can find a wrecked car with the roof in tact.

Don't even go there buddy! Aerotops have all sorts of extra chassis bracing to cope with the loss of rigidity when the roof is removed. I can only imagine a home made one would be a deathtrap.