The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fast and Furious Replica (Orange Supra) - Take 2

pbryant_knight

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going into the bodyshop beginning of next month mate. Got the kit, hopefully getting the bonnet templates drawn up at the weekend, some black headlights hopefully tonight.

I was at jap Northeast last month in my white 300zx. The supra owners didn't stay long though.

ahhh that was you then!! you parked right infront of us lot who were there!

sweet! should be sweet this project loved your previous build of the replica! you going to turbo in later down the line?

:D

Edited by Supra N_A (see edit history)

It's going into the bodyshop beginning of next month mate. Got the kit, hopefully getting the bonnet templates drawn up at the weekend, some black headlights hopefully tonight.

I was at jap Northeast last month in my white 300zx. The supra owners didn't stay long though.

Saw the car, but didn't see you mate. Mind you I am blind. :)

Just draw two black lines across the roof where the aerotop would normally fit when the painting is finished. That way it will look like an aerotop!:D

Best of luck with the build mate. Fixed roof aside, re you keeping it as close to the original as possible? I think a revised/updated graphic would be a nice spin on it if you are taking suggestions!

I'm trying to get a revised graphic printed at the minute but that has been one of the hardest things to sort so far. Way ahead of you with the roof, I already have an idea about putting the fake Aerotop lines on with some thin rubber trim ;) Was going to do it to the last one but never got round to it.

Not sure, doesn't look like an aerotop to me but you never get a clear view of the roof.

H.

Just watched this with Eagle-eyes! You see the roof a couple of times, and it is an aerotop :) plus you see some of the other F&F cars in the background of one of the shots, so I'd say it was the actual Supra.

As for the project... As it's not an aero, could you not make a F&F 'inspired' build instead? So similar 'street-racer' look (lairy paint and large graphics) but not a replica of the orange one? There are a fair few replicas, and not being 'exact' would make it just another similar looking Supe and not give you as much credit for building the car as you deserve, plus you'd get more haters than lovers, and more negative responses (like your old thread).

Get images of all the cars in F&F and 2F2F, possibly Tokyo Drift too, see the designs and create something unique for yourself?

Like you, I love the F&F Supra, and it's one of the main influences for getting/wanting a Supe. You've already replicated once and sold on, so maybe you should create rather than copy this time? There are plenty of us here onboard with your project, and also big F&F fans, so I for one would be more than happy to help you create something new and more up to date (as it was said the F&F supra is looking dated now) plus you wouldn't have to worry about sticking strips of rubber to your roof! :D

This is just my thought on the build, but if it's an orange Supra replica-ish you want, then by all means go ahead, and I look forward to seeing your progress (by progress I mean pics! :D )

Just watched this with Eagle-eyes! You see the roof a couple of times, and it is an aerotop :) plus you see some of the other F&F cars in the background of one of the shots, so I'd say it was the actual Supra.

How many of the 'actual Supras' were big single? If any?

There was a thread on here with that gold one for sale for like £60k, it had been resprayed as it was the orange Supra underneath, was definitely an NA with a fake picture on the bonnet to mimic clear perspex bonnet window!

Iirc the decal on the side was put on just for the movie, it got taken back off afterwards (the car actually belonged to the films car expert/consultant guy), could be wrong though.

Not sure if on the originall car if it was removed after, but the original car was not actually orange nor was did it have the bomex body kit, that was all added on by there design department.

Guest suprasteven

i think that was becasue the graphics where copy righted by the artist at the time but if i remember correctly universal paid a fortune to be able to use them.

He had the car lambo orange for ages with out the graphics and added them later but it was still before the film asked him to use the car

How many of the 'actual Supras' were big single? If any?

THE ACTUAL car was an orange big single, there were a few replicas used for action shots and other parts that the owner of the original didn't want his car to be used for in fear of damage. It had the bodykit and wheels, but I believe the graphics were added for the movie, not sure if they were removed afterwards?

The actual car from the film was painted gold, had body parts changed and was actually used in 2F2F if i remember correctly. One of the manydocumentaries said they re-used the orange one for the second film.

As for the build project, The only people who will notice any inaccuracies with the car would be you guys lol. The same as the only people to notice the inaccuracies with the KITT replica were from the Knight Rider forums. :)

My last replica had many flaws but i still had many many people come up and ask me if it was the original from the film. So all i really need to do when it's done is keep it away from you guys lol.

Just ordered a new set of locks from Keron today as the drivers side one is buggered :(

Anyone know the actual paint code for the Lambo orange paint that was used?