The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fast and Furious Replica (Orange Supra) - Take 2

pbryant_knight

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ps - this is a forum and, as such, people are entitled to give their opinions. If you can't accept negative comments, don't post.

Woah there CJ. There was no call for that. that's how you alienate members mate. I have seen several threads recently where peoples "opinions" have been met with harsh words and threats of Banning so to say "don't like the crap, don't post" is a bit harsh don't you think?

Everyone IS entitled to their opinion but sometimes an entitlement doesn't make it a neccessity.

I'm building this car (again) because I like it. I had all the and negative comments about what i was building in my last thread over 2 years ago, if people want to read that, then they are most welcome and can see all the negative comments already.

Thanks to everyone else for your support. I've got some plans for the future of the car. the first part is to get it as close as i can with the money i have ready for the summer shows. Then i can start thinking about engine mods maybe next year/year after.

Like has been said above, this car IS the main reason a LOT of people got into supras in the first place. Just wish i'd kept my first one then i wouldn't be starting from scratch.

Peter

Edited by Gaz6002
Naughty sweary person (see edit history)

Guest suprasteven

It cant be that bad if it was choosen as the main car for the movie!!

The graphics and spoiler are what made it different!!

But each to there own off course

What is the budget for builds like this ect as I have no idea (Nor am I going to work it out) Either way it is your car and good luck to you although you have to see other people's points in some ways as I imagine you could of had a great single turbo possibly instead of all the projects. Regardless of any opinions post pictures and enjoy it.

That told you CJ ;)

Woah there CJ. There was no call for that. that's how you alienate members mate.

And telling people not to post up unless it is nice comments isnt?

Everyone IS entitled to their opinion but sometimes an entitlement doesn't make it a neccessity.

See, that's the thing. You could easily have stopped at the part highlighted in bold. Who are you to decide when someone's opinion is necessary or not?

Any thread like this is going to divide opinion. Telling people not to make negative comments is, IMO, silly and alienates members far more than my earlier observation.

See, that's the thing. You could easily have stopped at the part highlighted in bold. Who are you to decide when someone's opinion is necessary or not?

Any thread like this is going to divide opinion. Telling people not to make negative comments is, IMO, silly and alienates members far more than my earlier observation.

I personally like people to criticise as it sparks debate and reasoning and sometimes it helps when you get other suggestions as well. So many times I thought such a look would be better and then through here and talking and seeing it shows nobody always knows best.

CJ bold letters make it seem more intense. I suggest you both hug it out at the dyno/burning.

Your Kidding right? You SERIOUSLY can't see my point here?

A picture that actually calls me Stupid is ok, but for me to put my views in a logical and systematic way, and politely asking for support and not criticism (and if you re-read the post i WAS polite) is bad? A comment saying "that's not what i would have done with the Supra" would have got the same message accross and would not have caused a response from me in any way.

There was absolutely no need at all for jumping in and telling me not to post if i can't take the harsh comments mate. i took the harsh comments all through my last build.

I think we should just let this drop now or it'll just turn my whole build thread into a slagging match which i'd really rather not happen.

Thanks

Peter

Your Kidding right? You SERIOUSLY can't see my point here?

No, I don't. When I was building my cars in the past I had to take lots of negative comments too but not once did I throw my toys out of the pram and ask for no more negatives.

There was absolutely no need at all for jumping in and telling me not to post if i can't take the harsh comments mate. i took the harsh comments all through my last build.

Then you should realise that it is going to happen again and I stand by my comment that if you post on a public forum then you have to accept the negative with the positives.

Well then, if that's your final word then it looks like i'm outdone.

You can stand by as many of your comments as you like, doesn't make them right. I'm happy to take the negatives, like i said i've done so many times. Who are you to tell me i shouldn't post because i object to being called stupid?

PS. I am not "throwing my toys out of the pram" and have conducted myself with a great deal of control and politeness throughout this whole discussion.

Thankyou.

Peter

Who are you to tell me i shouldn't post because i object to being called stupid?

Would you care to show me where I said you should not post? In fact, I said the exact opposite in that you should not be telling others not to post.

Would you care to show me where I said you should not post? In fact, I said the exact opposite in that you should not be telling others not to post.

Ermmm here "If you can't accept negative comments, don't post." CJ

Anyway, Back on topic................

I have already ordered the Bomex Front bumper and Sideskirts from Knight Racer and got the rear spats on their way too.

Car goes into the bodyshop the beginning of next month for fitting and painting. Can't wait until it's done (although not looking forward to my credit card bill)

peter

then it wouldn't be a proper replica, needs to be NA-T oh and overnight parts from Japan........Nengun maybe?

http://i40.tinypic.com/106d8r7.jpg

That brings back some memories and reminds me how good this film is..

My honest opinion is really smarten that one up.. Sell it on for more than you paid... Get an Aero top... Then to the F&F replica :)

And I haven't read any of the tense posts :D