The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Wangan Supra

steve.m

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was good to chat mate. You don't need the classics, The wheels you have on now look great. ;)

What you do need is a nice set of facelift lights, Think I know of a guy who has some for sale. :innocent::D

Yep facelift lights are on the cards, will need to sort it with that guy you know :innocent: :D

• 2 weeks later...

Update

The car now has:

- New carpet as the old one had been cut for a roll cage.

- Passenger recaro seat fitted. Finally got hold of a passenger bride rail.

- New stock fuel pump hanger with uprated pump as the triple hanger and three pumps were a little overkill for the new set up.

- Engine bay boxes finished and painted 202 black.

- New custom rear diffuser finished and painted in 202 black.

Their not fully fitted and Crap Iphone pics but a little sneak preview at the Engine boxes now painted in 202 black.

attachment.php?attachmentid=160152&d=1352028464

attachment.php?attachmentid=160157&d=1352031540

I asked Lee to make me a new rear diffuser based on my old one. My old one was slightly damaged and the mounting points were crap.

Couple of pics before it went to paint.

attachment.php?attachmentid=160153&d=1352029359

attachment.php?attachmentid=160154&d=1352029359

Big thanks to Simon (Baldy) who did the paint, It's flawless as always. I will get some pics up once Lee has fitted the boxes and diffuser.

The car is booked in at Abbey Motorsport on the 12th Nov on their hub dyno for a power run and for Ryan to iron out a couple of small issues. I will get some pics up of the day and the dyno plot once completed.

Black boxes.jpg

Diffuser.jpg

Diffuser 2.jpg

Black boxes 2.jpg

Cheers guys.

The boxes and diffuser have been done as a one off at the moment. It's up to Lee if he wants to look at reproducing them in the future. The only issue with reproducing the boxes will be that every car is different with various parts in the way.

How do you figure it would be purposeful?

The car was originally built by Front Row in Japan as a top speed demo car. The original diffuser was also made by them to keep the car stable at high speeds and it works very well which is why I wanted it reproduced. Ryan also said This is the most stable Supra he's ever driven at high speed.

Update

The car now has:

- Engine bay boxes finished and painted 202 black.

- New custom rear diffuser finished and painted in 202 black.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=160152&d=1352028464

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=160157&d=1352031540

Big thanks to Simon (Baldy) who did the paint, It's flawless as always. I will get some pics up once Lee has fitted the boxes and diffuser.

thank you for the kind words steve

I'm not claiming it to be the best diffuser ever made. Just that in my opinion, It does what it says on the tin.

Shy of me taking it to a wind tunnel you will just have to take my word for it. :rolleyes:

I'm not having a dig I'm just simply saying anyone, whether that be an individual or a company, claiming such things I take with a pinch of salt unless they have relevant data to support it. I've had my say so we'll leave it at that.

Debatable but I'll just take your word for it.

Its not really debatable, unless you've driven Steves car.

I would say that most diffusers offer little, or possible a negative effect at high speed as they won't be setup correctly.

However, Steves has been custom made for this application, you can tell from pictures of the underside that a great amount of time and effort was spent on the underbody aerodynamics of the car, so I would be inclined to believe that this makes a tangible difference to Steves car.