The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Wangan Supra

steve.m

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking forward to seeing this sunday. just keep an eye on your wheels, between me and chris bailey we could have them off in a few mins ;)

Yeah, I can see it now..... "Chris, You do the nuts and I'll pull it off."....... "No Chris, The wheel nuts!"

Not sure I've got a lot to worry about, do you. :D

Very nice :thumbs:

I may have missed it but do you have a dyno plot posted on here anywhere, im interested in the power delivery of those twins.

Unfortunately not as it was loosing traction on the dyno and the map had to be finished on the road. I will however get the car to a hub dyno at some point for a power run.

Cheers guys.

Have you posted this on SF Steve!? I think they will love it (except the classics haters - but who cares about them!:D)

No, I'm not a massive forum poster to be honest. The main reason for this thread was to keep history on the car, And of course for others to see the cars progress.

Do you still actualy need the bubble in the bonnet anymore? I know the guy who sprayed my car did this as the old single turbo didn't have the clearance

No, The modified bonnet is no longer required but I actually quite like it as it's one of a kind and the modification has been done to an extremely high standard.

Toying with the idea of getting a UK spec bonnet as I really need to get some venting from under the bonnet and the UK spec is the only other bonnet I like.

No, The modified bonnet is no longer required but I actually quite like it as it's one of a kind and the modification has been done to an extremely high standard.

Toying with the idea of getting a UK spec bonnet as I really need to get some venting from under the bonnet and the UK spec is the only other bonnet I like.

It would be a shame to loose that bonnet, as I think it looks brilliant. You could look into having a carbon NACA duct fitted like GTRs have, I reckon that would look good.

Ie: http://store.mbperformance.jp/mobile.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=114

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

You're making me re-think whether to 'swiss' the CCWs I order or not! Hrmm!

Obviously it isn't my car so it isn't up to me but I would definitely take the 'ears' off of the lip. Then it'd be pretty much perfect in all aspects (in my opinion, of course!) :)

Still deciding on the ears, and whether to paint the lip. The car is going for some paint in the new year so I've go a bit of time to decide.

I

Keep this bonnet dude, it rocks! Maybe get a vent cut in somewhere but don't change it!!!!

It would be a shame to loose that bonnet, as I think it looks brilliant. You could look into having a carbon NACA duct fitted like GTRs have, I reckon that would look good.

Ie: http://store.mbperformance.jp/mobile.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=114

Yeah, Think I will look into getting the bonnet modified again with some sort of vent but don't just want cut outs in it.

That carbon duct looks very nice. Will definitely look into something like that.

Cheers guys.

No, I'm not a massive forum poster to be honest. The main reason for this thread was to keep history on the car, And of course for others to see the cars progress.

I've got to agree I love that bonnet too

There is some brilliant pictures there.

You have certainly done a great job adding your own subtle touches to the car.

The location/ scenary for your photos, and stock OEM look with CCW's looks fantastic in my opinion.

Superb car indeed - top job and well done. ;)