She's a 2 month old baby croc

4 1/2 ft tank which will prob need to be changed in a years time lol

Stand

Internal and external filters

Heat lights

Heat bulb underwater

Main tank bulb

All the usual extras that you would need to keep a croc at home

few pics of the setup, the whole tank is having a make over tomorrow evening so i will upload some new pics then

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this from a guy up in Dublin yesterday, where he got it from i do not know nor did i ask him.

I did enquire to any permits / license required to own one and i was told no you dont need one, typical Ireland cause you need a license for your dog and tv though lol

To be honet i was always fasinated with these and i only got it because it was a baby, if it was fully grown i would not be able to house it or look after it and therefore it would die which imo would be really cruel / sad to see.

If any of you guys are ever over in Ireland and want to see him you are more than welcome :)

Nice pet but just be careful bud.. I'm from South Africa and my folks have a farm in Mapumalanga (east from Johannesburg) and there are crocs in a river that runs through it.. My dad tried to grab a baby croc and the got nipped on the finger.. A few hours later his hand was swollen pretty bad and had to go to hospital. They have some serious bacteria in their mouths.. test it on a neighbour you don't like.. ;)

Got this from the web..

Q: On Croc Bites

Have you been bitten by a croc before? What should you do if you've been bitten by a croc?

Jim Barker

A: The best way to avoid being bitten by crocodiles or alligators is to exercise common sense around them, don't tease or harass them, and keep a respectable distance from them. However, if the unthinkable does happen and you are bitten, what should you do? The first rule is not to panic. If the crocodile issues a warning bite, it will typically snap and then let go immediately — this is what most crocodile bites are like. The bite itself feels like a hammer blow if the crocodile is relatively large, and the severity of the wound is normally due to the crushing force delivered. Most people will naturally retreat after receiving such a bite, and the wound needs immediate hospital attention to ensure it doesn't become infected. Crocodiles have some pretty nasty bacteria living in their mouth, and a bite will drive these bacteria deep into your flesh.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]146452[/ATTACH]I love exotics ! Would of thought you needed a DWA licence though lol. My alpha feemale has just had 2 pups how cute lol, I had to be vetted by friends at a zoo, and before anyone starts I've had them way before the stupid adverts came out, and yes they have land lol.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]146452[/ATTACH]I love exotics ! Would of thought you needed a DWA licence though lol. My alpha feemale has just had 2 pups how cute lol, I had to be vetted by friends at a zoo, and before anyone starts I've had them way before the stupid adverts came out, and yes they have land lol.

They are so cute! What are they like as pets? They seem pretty robust and free spirited in the wild. Pretty good on insurance too I hear :D

I really want a pet capybara, a friend of a friend has a zoo and I went into the pen to meet them, really cool, and they sound exactly like guinea pigs.

I love how you say 'donate' to a zoo?? what if the zoo doesn't want it. That little chappy is living in a 4 foot glass box and by the time is grown a bit i'm sure he'll be 2 or 3 foot long. And why should a zoo be left to look after it after its too big for you. If they wanted crocs i'm sure they could procure them and grow them themsleves. All seems very selfish in my opinion.