The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 2012 - Rotterdam - Chat thread

Branners

My Euro maps includes the UK so it didnt have a problem with it.

The other option is to do it indoors and stop it from getting a GPS signal and then tell it you are in Calais and let it run the demo from there.

Im due to buy a 5" satnav and will probably choose Tomtom as I know their foibles so will test on that too.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh yes mate road blocking is a speciality

It certainly is mate! We got this covered.

Just to mention, Havard, Wile, Scott998, Abz and Ellis are all helping me with this. And JohnnyG is helping sort out the club clothing.

So its a team effort from day one.

:thumbs:

My Euro maps includes the UK so it didnt have a problem with it.

The other option is to do it indoors and stop it from getting a GPS signal and then tell it you are in Calais and let it run the demo from there.

Im due to buy a 5" satnav and will probably choose Tomtom as I know their foibles so will test on that too.

I can not recommend a European Sat Nav enough, I got one on my phone and used it several times! I'd highly recommend you getting one on the phone so then it saves you from carrying round or leaving a unit in your car. Also Halfords and the like are doing really good half price deals!

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchCmd?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&categoryId=165685&langId=-1&action=listrefine&constraints=teq||Brand||TomTom

I can not recommend a European Sat Nav enough, I got one on my phone and used it several times! I'd highly recommend you getting one on the phone so then it saves you from carrying round or leaving a unit in your car. Also Halfords and the like are doing really good half price deals!

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchCmd?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&categoryId=165685&langId=-1&action=listrefine&constraints=teq||Brand||TomTom

I was looking at those deals I think I'll be going for this one:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_839817_categoryId_165685_langId_-1?cm_sp=Intelligent_Offer-_-Product_List_Zone_1-_-Blank&iozone=PLPz1#dtab

My current one has seen better days and is only UK! lol

From what I have read, if you're thinking about buying a Tomtom for the trip and would like to upload the exact routes we will be taking to it, you need to check if the device has an "Itinerary Planning" option.(a lot of Tomtoms don't have this option) If you have a Garmin nuvi you shouldn't have any problems.

Apparently due to legislation you are not allowed preinstalled speed camera locations on a sat nav or any service that informs you of there location in France.

I heard this on the news the other day but didn't see the whole thing. They said they were thinking of making it law. Aswell as everyone having to carry breathalysers. Which is pointless for us as nether me or my other half drink.

I did try a google search but couldn't see anything new I didn't know from last year

I heard this on the news the other day but didn't see the whole thing. They said they were thinking of making it law. Aswell as everyone having to carry breathalysers. Which is pointless for us as nether me or my other half drink.

I did try a google search but couldn't see anything new I didn't know from last year

Just noticed when searching on my Iphone and came across the TomTom app which stated this in its description.

I am going to be using my Iphone is anyone else doing this? If so what App are you using to navigate?

I have been using TomTom on my iPhone for the past 2 years inc Europe, best investment I ever made... in jail breaking it! :D

It works really well, phone does get hot from being on charge and used for a few hours but works spot on.

Our shock when we used it first to France and it took us bang outside the hotel with no drop in signal or wrong turns. :)

I am going to be using my Iphone is anyone else doing this? If so what App are you using to navigate?

Just be aware the destinations we are heading to are grid references, there are quite a few stops along the routes we are taking and we don't have post codes for them.

Does your cracked one have it as that worked?

yes, it took the itn file with no problems and I use the itinerary feature on it to do the tunnel runs. Without that I think I would struggle. How does a Tomtom without itinerary actually copy with complicated trips?

yes, it took the itn file with no problems and I use the itinerary feature on it to do the tunnel runs. Without that I think I would struggle. How does a Tomtom without itinerary actually copy with complicated trips?

Basically, it doesn't. Need to look into this a bit more to be sure though.

Wow, how could they leave a feature like that out. So on something like tunnel run you have to programme in a whole bunch of favourites and make it navigate between them while driving along?

I just put my start and finish points in along with the waypoints and it knows when I got near a waypoint and moves on to the next. Thats on TomTom3.

Now I have to find a 5" screen satnav with waypoints. Perhaps time to look at the Garmin.