The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Winter is the time for modding! Your 2012 Upgrades?

JamieP

my project is sadly sat on my drive with no progress.I have totaly run out of funds and being so close to christmas there are more important things.I have been thinking of jacking it in and breaking the car.Work has been real slow and it seems at the moment we are just about living .There doesnt seem to be any christmas spirit at the moment either .

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I need to sort out a new clutch, possibly bigger turbo, injectors and sort out some wheels. But work is flat out at the moment and with alot of other changes in my life going on I have had no time to even look into anything :(

Get a RPS carbon triple mate, amazing clutch, feels almost stock, come try mine.

The 6 speed isn't as great as it is made out to be. If I sold this & looked for another Supra it would have to be an auto. I loved my previous auto it was such a dream to drive.

I am only jesting, starting to warm to the NA engine it is actually pretty good & for a NA 3.0 pretty quick. Don't have to worry about anything going wrong either, very solid engine.

Do tell Neil :)

I think the power capability is what it's reputed for, not the feel. The 5 speed is a lovely box, pity I've sold mine - could have done a swap with you. :D

I'll be changing the brake lines with Lee in a week or two, plus switching to braided hoses, new front discs and changing the pads, but that's hardly exciting! Oh I might fit the winter wheels/tyres too, if it gets cold enough..

So mutch to do and no time to do it:( so far i have done:

Hks bov

Apexi intake

Polished rad pipe

New silicon for the ic pipes

Welded some holes on the IC

Refurbd 2 wheels

Painted headlights

And other small things... And to do list till may:

Paint and fit trialstyle skirts and rear bumper

Trd wing and boot spoiler

Tint windows

Fit new recaro seats

Afr gauge fit

Oil press/temp gauges

Refurb 2 more wheels

Change tyres

Change oil

Change coolant

And the best part, i'm working weekends as well til xmas and I have to leave my garage this month:)

Moneys dried up, fuel is killing people, and honestly these machines despite their power are getting on a bit. There'll be "burn him with fire" comments but volvo's had the same tuneability for value years before supra's did (ask CW), the cosworths saw off that trend, then came jap power and supra's dominated. Now the average family hatch can get very close to an incredible drive while returning 70% more fuel efficiency than a supra, What you guys have to understand is you are now firmly in a geek chic fraternity of people that won't move with the times. Not so long back it was the MK3 supra guys that were in that family lol :D

I was just about to call SRD to get the ball rolling on my single conversion until I got made redundant last week when my company decided to close our whole lab down with no notice, rotten buggers.

But if I get a new job in the next month or so its all on again with my redundancy payout!

I think the power capability is what it's reputed for, not the feel. The 5 speed is a lovely box, pity I've sold mine - could have done a swap with you. :D

Err don't think so Alex! :D

Moneys dried up, fuel is killing people, and honestly these machines despite their power are getting on a bit. There'll be "burn him with fire" comments but volvo's had the same tuneability for value years before supra's did (ask CW), the cosworths saw off that trend, then came jap power and supra's dominated. Now the average family hatch can get very close to an incredible drive while returning 70% more fuel efficiency than a supra, What you guys have to understand is you are now firmly in a geek chic fraternity of people that won't move with the times. Not so long back it was the MK3 supra guys that were in that family lol :D

Burn him with fire!!! :D

I dont entirely agree with this, for most the Supra is a weekend car. The rise in fuel prices don't effect us as much & generally these cars aren't brought on MPG figures, though saying that they do well! Unless your comparing against an NA engine I don't see how most average family hatches can give you similar performance or drive as a matter (this is coming from a person who had a 54 plate Type R recently). A BPU Supra with a good suspension setup will do well against a whole host of Super Cars, In JamieP's case a Veyron!

Also with regards to the Volvo's & Cosworth's, they looked their age. As great as they were in the tuning era they wasn't as reliable, some were great money pits. The Supra looks pretty modern despite its 90's design! My colleagues all though my car was only a few years old, they can be slightly changed to make them look a lot more modern & brought up to date. Just look at the body shapes of the Jag's & Aston Martin's.

;)

Err don't think so Alex! :D

Burn him with fire!!! :D

I dont entirely agree with this, for most the Supra is a weekend car. The rise in fuel prices don't effect us as much & generally these cars aren't brought on MPG figures, though saying that they do well! Unless your comparing against an NA engine I don't see how most average family hatches can give you similar performance or drive as a matter (this is coming from a person who had a 54 plate Type R recently). A BPU Supra with a good suspension setup will do well against a whole host of Super Cars, In JamieP's case a Veyron!

Also with regards to the Volvo's & Cosworth's, they looked their age. As great as they were in the tuning era they wasn't as reliable, some were great money pits. The Supra looks pretty modern despite its 90's design! My colleagues all though my car was only a few years old, they can be slightly changed to make them look a lot more modern & brought up to date. Just look at the body shapes of the Jag's & Aston Martin's.

;)

Chav.

That said i did take a looky at the pics of your new car on mikes camera yesterday. It looks very nice any plans?

theres been loads of NA-T build threads lately. some of the turbo NA's coming around are looking pretty nice IMO. I might even try and join their group and paint my dizzy cap ;) bling bling!

my project is sadly sat on my drive with no progress.I have totaly run out of funds and being so close to christmas there are more important things.I have been thinking of jacking it in and breaking the car.Work has been real slow and it seems at the moment we are just about living .There doesnt seem to be any christmas spirit at the moment either .

dont do it. too much time and effort mate.