The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Winter is the time for modding! Your 2012 Upgrades?

JamieP

Not much left to do now tbh Amir, I dont want any more power, if parts fail i may go bigger though, id only go bigger turbo if i was going stroker i think, the car has been in the baldy's bodyshop for the last week getting a few bits touched up, going to pick it up tomorrow morning and very much looking forward to that, i cant put my foot down though, Lee put some bigger wastegate springs in it as i could not get any more than 2.2bar boost from it, I now i need Ryan to play with my boost settings, i think he is going to pop over tomorrow.

I built a garage to store her in now she is getting on a bit, im going to spend the weekend kitting that out with a new workbench etc.

Yeah I'd agree with you, that sort of power is on the limit of fun, but can imagine more would be pretty damn scary!

One thing I would love to do is build a garage for it as well, otherwise gonna have to just get a cover like Jazz's outdoor blow up one...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice mods you have planned there. Mid 11's is a plenty quick car, you'll have tonnes of fun with it as well.

gonna try to get in the mid 11's next year (I know thats not impressive but just my goal)

so over the winter sending the car to lee to sort the clutch/flywheel and look at the gearbox making sure it will good for next year.

then the plan is

fit the line lock

buy the drag wheels

make headlight intake

the rest will depend on what funds are like

aiming to do weight reduction next year before any more power

lexan rear and side windows

glass fibre doors

back seat delete

carbon bonnet and boot would be nice but cant see it next year after that.

My car is in the bodyshop too, hopefully I will have some photos of its progress next week. The car is in getting a full re-spray in 202, painting the endless brakes red, painting wheels = black lip and gunmetal centre, new carbon fiber bonnet, cobra Misano lux seats and a full interior trim with black alcantara and black leather to match the Cobra seats..! I am also upgrading my speakers and installing a subwoofer that’ I’ve had in the house for ages now.

Next will be new suspension and wheels to improve handling so it will better match my driving style and terrain.

Sounds very nice!

Out of interest how much is the retrim costing?

Next years projects :innocent:

Just brought another house with double garage (supra's bed and workshop) and lots of parking space (motorhome and trailer easily accessed, plus the other 5 vehicles including my new winter toy, SWB Pajero) but also lots to do inside and out to keep the mrs sweet.

After the busiest 3 months my company has had in the last 3 years i've just got a 12mth contract that starts 3rd Jan :-)

So a new clutch and back playing soon in the soop, got a new set of MT's to try out with Ryans last tune up so lets see what times i can do in 2012.

Nearlly forgot, also got my daughter wedding in June, so 2012 is going to be the year of spending i'm thinking :D

I have spent loads of time on mine recently and getting quite a few bits done now and had the bay tucked etc. I think the problem is there are a handful of owners on here that can afford to spend big money on modding their cars which gets alot of attention so the people like me who cant afford to spend big actually do quite a bit of work on their cars and spend a lot of time on them and modding them, but its often over looked and not noticed because its not 'major' mods and doesnt interest as many people as the big builds do, which is understandable

ive got some polished cam covers to fit and a wheel refurb :) errr thats about it though

oh and i did fit my greddy oil cap the other day. only took me a few seconds. felt like a pro ;) but in all seriousness i would love to spend some major money on the car but with things like xmas, car insurance on 2 cars, trying to save for the future and my epicly pants wage i just cant justify rinsing my savings when im happy with the power the car puts out at the moment. hope we see some new projects soon though :)

Edited by tkddav3 (see edit history)

I dont want to ever sell the supra and spending GTR money on another toy for myself is just selfish, id rather spend the money on giving my three girls a good life, holidays etc.

Good shout

Like you said, you'll never want to sell the Supra as its a bit of a legend and you've put so much work into it. If you were to buy a GTR, you would have to spend a fricking fortune getting how you would need it (1000bhp+ :eyebrows:). Well i'm assuming you would want massive performance from it, would it seem like a lesser car if it couldnt out-peform the Supra?

I have loads to do this winter, heres a quick list of what I can remember....

Fit double decat

Fit hi spec calipers and disks

Fit AEM tru boost

Buy carbon bonnet and boot lid

Smooth over fenders into body

Smooth skirts and trial rear into body

Flush off spoiler holes and aerial

Get my best bud to paint it white

Paint dash panels and spruce up interior

Design and fit a custom boot build

Get lip on alloys painted white.

All to be done before fast show at Santapod in march.

Pic below is how it was before I started...

wish me luck....

Dan

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322868280.878372.jpg

winter is cold... my hands go numb...

Ive still got the rear interior to fit now ive done the carpet. but other things keep coming up a the weekends that mean i dont have time.

But after Xmas ill book it in at whifbits and have the 3" twin box, downpipe and mid fitted and get rid of my 4" which drives me mad. especialy now i lost the bung on the motorway today!

Then find out whats going on with boost when the turbo comes online. seems to be the wategate/bov or something is going mad and i loose boost. and only seems to happen 6k rpm+.

Then fit my speedo converter

Also have to take the devi's out of my uk spec and fit them to the single...

Then have some bodywork sorted out.

Then the uk will be up for sale next year. so i can park the wifes car on the driveway again :p

Anything is an upgrade for my NA6! :D

Dont be too harsh mate atleast you have a 6 speed box which i would die for ;)

I have lots of stuff going on but im keeping it off the forum as it will just turn into a bitch fest as always when NA's are being talked about.

I've got loads to do to mine too just didn't think it was quite thread worthy ;), i'm going to be getting a 1JZ-GTE engine in the new year to bolt to my V161 I already have, i will then be stripping and rebuilding the engine with a 66mm single, 264 cams, ACL bearings, ARP studs, BC valve springs and Ti retainers, as I won't be able to afford to fork out for the new engine till the new year it's going to be little odd jobs getting the car tidy so winter planned mods are

- Clear Side Markers front and rear

- Clear Side Repeaters

- TRD Rear Spoiler with Carbon Centre Blade

- Modified Blitz Side Skirts

- New Radiator with Electric Twin-Fan Kit

- Interior bulb refresh (with white led's)

- Bonnet Gas lifters

Got ALOT planned for mine this winter. Shes in the garage now, just trying to collect all the parts i want.

So far the list is:

Change all fluids and filters

New disks, pads and braided lines

Fit all new coilpak clips

Change belts

Lose bump on do luck bumper

Custom carbon splitter for front of bumper

Duct FMIC properly and shape bumper better around pipework

New reg plate bracket ( working on folding moterized jobbie )

Fit new Whifbitz rad

Custom vents cut into bonnet

Fit aero catches in bonnet

Black mesh bumper and bonnet vents

Replace rubber trim under bonnet and the one between bumper and bonnet

Fit bonnet dampers

Carbon middle of bumper with real carbon

Move power steering cooler

New battery clamp

Cut airway under headlight for air filter

Paint engine bay black

Rewire front and rear fogs

Clean and paint parts under boonet

New wipers and scuttle pannel

Blitz skirts

New wheel bolts

Alloys repainted and polished

Paint callipers

S2000 ariel

TRD Half carbon spoiler

Carbon shine auto diffuser

New rear spats

Facelift rear lights

Full respray

Replace all rubbers

Black carpet, roof lining and sun visors

Re tint rear windows

New speakers front and back

Replace all bulbs on dash with blue bulbs

New handbrake, wheel and gear knob

Probably more but cant think atm

Dont be too harsh mate atleast you have a 6 speed box which i would die for ;)

I have lots of stuff going on but im keeping it off the forum as it will just turn into a bitch fest as always when NA's are being talked about.

The 6 speed isn't as great as it is made out to be. If I sold this & looked for another Supra it would have to be an auto. I loved my previous auto it was such a dream to drive.

I am only jesting, starting to warm to the NA engine it is actually pretty good & for a NA 3.0 pretty quick. Don't have to worry about anything going wrong either, very solid engine.

Do tell Neil :)

have to agree abz, my auto uk is a dream to drive. my single 6 speed is alltogether different. the geerstick is freezing cold! my left leg cant be lazy any more and the 6 speed is far from silky smooth. I do enjoy being able to light the rear tyres up if i want to tho :)

Stop craving a manual and enjoy the auto is my advice neil.