The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Winter is the time for modding! Your 2012 Upgrades?

JamieP

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chav.

That said i did take a looky at the pics of your new car on mikes camera yesterday. It looks very nice any plans?

:p

Thanks dude, most likely go TT, change of wheels, suspension but keeping it stock bodied.

If you don't make a Bluewater meet next year, I am personally coming to collect you (and I'll find a corsa to pick you up in).

Look forward to the threads :D

:D

Like the "I've split my callipers to paint them and now they don't work" thread

4 threads later, "I've got them back together and now I'm about to buy the stickers" :D

Followed by,

"I've put them on back to front, how do I get them off"

:p to you all!

My car went in to get the roof and bonnet sprayed.. I am away in South Africa for 1 month, so will only pick the car up in Jan..By that time the full effect of Japan winter should be in...

After that, LSD install, looking at some Recaro seats to finish it off..

Oh, and get my Mines ECU fitted and working properly..

Then the single turbo parts buying begins, June the car is exported to SA...

Edited by Samurai 20V (see edit history)

Complete respray in 040 white,

Getting all the oem bodyparts installed, except for the Vis racing c/f bonnet (trd-style) which maybe in a later stadium will be changed for an UK-spec bonnet if i can find one in good condition,

Getting the windows tinted,

Order a set of new wheels,

For the next couple of months I will be gathering most of the parts for an single turbo conversion, it will be a little bit of planning, and actually hope end of 2012 I can bring my car to the UK for some proper tuning. ;)

i done nothing on my car been collecting parts and looking for new tools.got 2 supras to have a go on dont even know where to start.lack of time and low money.wanted to clean suspension i bought for orange supra and paint it with black hammerite to tidy it up.the roll cage and interior could do with been painted.just need inspiration to decide what to do.the silver supra i have got 2 wings for it bonnet looks ok i think.need a fmic and a bumper and a rad.sourced a manual radiator.would be happy to get it up and running for now.not going to give up on it.worked 72 hours last week and this week its a 60 hour week.

got to love the supra.wanting to buy a ok hub/gear puller and a couple of decent trolley jacks and get workshop built in garage

When there's space at SRD I will be going in for.......

Spare stock engine fitted with up rated ARP rod bolts, ARP head and main bolts, ACL race bearing set and new piston rings

A little port and polish on a stock head

Precision Turbo Billet 7675 .96 AR DBB

SRD stage3 cams

3'' inter cooler pipe work

Full UR pulley set

SRD twin fan kit

Tein Type flex coil overs

May even band the Advans to 11.5''

Complete respray in 040 white,

Getting all the oem bodyparts installed, except for the Vis racing c/f bonnet (trd-style) which maybe in a later stadium will be changed for an UK-spec bonnet if i can find one in good condition,

Getting the windows tinted,

Order a set of new wheels,

For the next couple of months I will be gathering most of the parts for an single turbo conversion, it will be a little bit of planning, and actually hope end of 2012 I can bring my car to the UK for some proper tuning. ;)

That will be a really nice winter make over - you will have to throw up the pictures as soon as you have them!

Also, your English is excellent, very good grammar and punctuation, much better than some of our members.

i done nothing on my car been collecting parts and looking for new tools.got 2 supras to have a go on dont even know where to start.lack of time and low money.wanted to clean suspension i bought for orange supra and paint it with black hammerite to tidy it up.the roll cage and interior could do with been painted.just need inspiration to decide what to do.the silver supra i have got 2 wings for it bonnet looks ok i think.need a fmic and a bumper and a rad.sourced a manual radiator.would be happy to get it up and running for now.not going to give up on it.worked 72 hours last week and this week its a 60 hour week.

got to love the supra.wanting to buy a ok hub/gear puller and a couple of decent trolley jacks and get workshop built in garage

When there's space at SRD I will be going in for.......

Spare stock engine fitted with up rated ARP rod bolts, ARP head and main bolts, ACL race bearing set and new piston rings

A little port and polish on a stock head

Precision Turbo Billet 7675 .96 AR DBB

SRD stage3 cams

3'' inter cooler pipe work

Full UR pulley set

SRD twin fan kit

Tein Type flex coil overs

May even band the Advans to 11.5''

Just enough to whoop Jamesy? :D

That will be a really nice winter make over - you will have to throw up the pictures as soon as you have them!

Also, your English is excellent, very good grammar and punctuation, much better than some of our members.

Thank you John, sure I will.

I’m still learning from you all,:)

I will be making sure I don't mod the front end in the ice and snow is all :D

Have decided to pretty much leave the car 'as-is' as I priced up my intentions (engine mods not included!) and it will cost more to add to mine (unpainted and unfitted) than it will to buy another Supra with the stuff already there! :)

Although the car is (sort of) for sale, I can't stop doing little bits to it. Needs the front crank seal doing at some point over winter. Dash need touching up, and going to the body shop to get the body kit tweaked. Also I REALLY want a carbon rear wing for it to finish the look, but am too stingey to pay 1k+ for ARP or Top Secret etc...

• 3 weeks later...

Been giving mine a good clean up the last few weeks, so nice having a garage again, kids go to bed and i dive out in the garage for a couple of hours most evenings, removed all the dynamatt and resprayed the boot, looks mint in there again now, ive got a billet nitrous bottle bracket on order and along with my billet PHR battery box it should look great.

Im sick of the lexan rear screen so thats going, it scratched so easy and just looks messy now so going to put a glass screen back in.

Next jobs to do are make up some braces for the IC pipes so i dont have any issues with pipes blowing off anymore, also going to pick up some sheet alley and make a front undertray to connect up with my SRD undertray.

Im not going to be doing a great deal to the car next year, just drive and enjoy it mostly, only real upgrade i have planned is a Titan direct port nitrous kit (same as the picture below) to replace my single port kit, with even flow to all cylinders im going to push it a bit further.