The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Luc's SRD1XXX Supra

Luxluc

• 2 weeks later...
You guys are crazy talking about 8-900hp as if its like 200hp lol :D Luc what power did you make on the hub dyno with your 66mm turbo also what a.r is it. I have got similar spec to you but 67mm billet .81 turbo. I think my exhaust housing is too small though.

It pushed 747 at the hubs at 1.5 bar of boost. The BL366 turbo was maxed out at that boost. It's a divided 0.91 AR that I have.

I did some research. I'm pending between the 2 CEA Precision turbos :

- The 6766 with 1.15 AR

- The 6870

The 6766 is rated 935 bhp, whereas the very new 6870 is rated 1025 bhp.

I'm waiting for the tests in the US by SP to see what they take out of the new 6870 unit, as I want to see how fast it is spooling.

I'm not convinced about the ethanol setup. I know that I won't be using it really over here, as its a lot easier to fill up with V-Power. Plus, after chatting with Ryan, 15% power increase is to be expected with an 50% ethanol mix .... which means 1000+rhhp on a RWD car. I think that won't be really streetable any more.

I defo want between 850-900 at the hubs, but no 1100bhp monster.

What do you think?

It pushed 747 at the hubs at 1.5 bar of boost. The BL366 turbo was maxed out at that boost. It's a divided 0.91 AR that I have.

That's a big difference compared to my 67mm with .81 AR mine made 618 at 1.5 bar. When yours is at lees for the turbo change id be interested in buying your turbo and having lee put it on mine.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got some feedback from SP.

They haven't tried the new 8670 turbo yet.

There will certainly be a difference in spool and power output between the 6766 and 6870 turbos. PTE wanted to design this turbo to bridge the gap between the existing 66mm and 75mm turbine wheels. The new CEA Gen2 technology is promising though.

Spool is an important factor for my decision. The 6766 should spool slightly better than my current unit (BL366), which already is very responsive.

The only person who has used the 67mm and 75mm (7175) turbo is Jamie. Jamie confirmed that the 7175 was too laggy on his setup (the same I have).

@Jamie : Spool in between the 67mm and 7175 ... would that be reasonable for the ultimate street setup :D

Any comments are welcome guys ;)

Luc I thought the BL366R is rated to 900 at the fly so with your results of 747 at the hubs is about on par isn't it.

I just thought because I'm sure I've read you are reverting away from the BL366R because it does not meet the power rating of 900hp advertised by Boost lab.

Your 3.4 with a 6766 would make crazy power...a guy in the states runs that combo and pushed 950rwhp. ;)

It would make for an exciting powerband also :) I've also seen someone making 850rwhp on a 3.4 with a 6266. I wouldnt mind the 7175 though as the autobox pretty much keeps revs in the powerband once moving.

All of them are good turbos it's hard to decide lol.

I know mine was a brand new unit compared to yours, but I thought that the upgrade to the Billet wheel was the same thing with the older type?

I know mine was a brand new unit compared to yours, but I thought that the upgrade to the Billet wheel was the same thing with the older type?

I know Steve. Your new BL366 pushed considerably more than my converted 91-79 unit.

Nevertheless ... I never kept my turbo longer than one and a half year so far. Time for a change. :D

The guys at SP (US) compared the BL vs Precision CEA units. The 6766 spooled faster and pushed 60-70 bhp and 50 tq more than the BL366. Ryan also praised those new CEA turbos. I will give it a try.

The only concern I have that I will have traction problems in 3rd even on the semi-slick tires. I plan to upgrade the rears to 305 / 315 width (maybe go down to 18"). In combination with the Michelin Pilot Cup tires, this should give traction even in 2nd gear when properly warmed up

Edited by Luxluc (see edit history)

Surely 900 at the hubs isn't that far away from 1100bhp?

Mine pushed 750 at the hubs mate. I'm not convinced that this figure equals to 875 at the flwheel (taking the 17.5% transmission loss into the calculation). All those discussions about conversions don't interest me. Mine should be 800+bhp now, the exact number is only speculation.

I want a fast spooling turbo that pushes between 850-900 at the hubs. This should give me a 900+bhp Supra.

A 900 bhp looks like this:

Mine ain't that fast for the moment ... not yet :D :d

• Luxluc changed the title to Luc's SRD1XXX Supra