The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Luc's SRD1XXX Supra

Luxluc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The weather doesn't seem to get well enough for some more street racing. The Mustang race is postponed until next year :(

I had some chat with Lee and Ryan. I'm a little bit p*** off that my BL366 turbo doesn't bring the power they promised (I'm not really close to the 930 bhp they promised, as we maxed out the turbo around 100 bhp earlier).

I will probably replace the BL366 by a PTE 6766 1.15 dual ball bearing unit. They are rated around 950, which Ryan is pretty sure that will be in reach with my built engine and my SRD stage 5 race head.

A complete ethanol capable fuel system is also on the shopping list. Just hoping for those ASNU 1400 injectors to be available beginning of next year.

Luc

Looking very posh in the outfit matey, you got the cars in the wrong order though, supra should have been at the front,:) also i`m abit dissapointed i didn`t get an invite, would have been a nice drive over:d

Sorry mate. You will get an invite for BBQ next year when you head to the Ring ;)

• 2 weeks later...

After some chat with Lee, the car will go back to SRD end of March for a new turbo setup.

PTE 6766 BB turbo

http://www.precisionturbo.net/Street-and-Race/ss/800-1-000HP/details/Street-and-Race-Turbocharger---PT6766-CEA®/480

Not sure on the A/R yet, probably 1.15. I don't want to sacrifice any spool, as I'm happy that my BL366 starts to make boost very early, and takes off around 4k.

I'm aiming for 900 at the hubs on V-Power, and 1000 rhhp on ethanol for special occasions.

That should be interesting on a small turbo that spools very early.

Any comments are welcome. :)

As I will be running ethanol, I need to upgrade my fuel system.

Apart the ASNU injectors where I'm waiting for 1400cc injectors to be available, I will be going for twin Bosch 044 pumps with a full E85 proof in tank hanger (still need to crosscheck with Lee, but the Bosch's seem to be up the job - Jamie replaces his Walbro pumps by Bosch units too, as the AMS kit for the GTR uses the same).

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=206&SearchYN=N

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You guys are crazy talking about 8-900hp as if its like 200hp lol :D Luc what power did you make on the hub dyno with your 66mm turbo also what a.r is it. I have got similar spec to you but 67mm billet .81 turbo. I think my exhaust housing is too small though.

Is it an open or divided turbo? If open the .81 is fine, it's your front cover that's to small, you only normally use the S cover when restricted on space.

Is it an open or divided turbo? If open the .81 is fine, it's your front cover that's to small, you only normally use the S cover when restricted on space.

Its open mate. Will the front cover restrict the power output then? Wish id just gone 6766 now but will be good to see what this one makes either way.

• Luxluc changed the title to Luc's SRD1XXX Supra