The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Luc's SRD1XXX Supra

Luxluc

I keep coming back to this thread I just cant get over the power from that turbo. I bet it feels awesome on the street!

I will get some videos very soon (when it stops raining over here). It pulls a lot harder to the 8k red line than before with 650 rhhp.

Plus, it's so streetable. You cruise in 6th gear on the motorway at 75mph, and want to pull away to overtake a car : no need to shift back, it pulls from as low as 2.5k. Very impressive.

To be honest : I don't see the need for more power on the road for a road car.

The BL366 turbo is a very nice street turbo. It starts to make boost in 4th gear around 2.5k. The boost become serious around 3.5k. At 4000rpm, it flyes. :)

:

+1 Luc, exactly the same behaviour as mine.

My BL upgraded S366 makes 0,15 bar @1900rpm. At 2300 yet it pulls lile a stock j-spec twin setup, with even more than that from 2600 up. At 3500 approx it feels like kicking in fully to the 1bar spring pressure i run at the moment. And there's no noticeable loss of torque even behind 8k. From 6k to 8k5 it flys like a 600cc motorcycle engine in high revs :-)

Thanks to Paul Whiffin, he upgraded my S366 0.91A/R to the BL billet compressor. Great street turbo with lots of low end grunch along with incredible top end. Seeing that i'd never like to change to a bigger one while giving up 1000 rpm in low end response.

The BL366 turbo is a very nice street turbo. It starts to make boost in 4th gear around 2.5k. The boost become serious around 3.5k. At 4000rpm, it flyes. :)

:

+1 Luc, exactly the same behaviour as mine.

My BL upgraded S366 makes 0,15 bar @1900rpm. At 2300 yet it pulls lile a stock j-spec twin setup, with even more than that from 2600 up. At 3500 approx it feels like kicking in fully to the 1bar spring pressure i run at the moment. And there's no noticeable loss of torque even behind 8k. From 6k to 8k5 it flys like a 600cc motorcycle engine in high revs :-)

Thanks to Paul Whiffin, he upgraded my S366 0.91A/R to the BL billet compressor. Great street turbo with lots of low end grunch along with incredible top end. Seeing that i'd never like to change to a bigger one while giving up 1000 rpm in low end response.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My car is back on the island :D

Left home this morning at 2AM.

At 0530, Check in at the eurotunnel

A short 30 minutes train drive

Another 80 miles to SRD. Arrival at 09AM.

After some chat with Lee about the works that will be done, I had a cool taxi ride to the airport in a blue GTR :innocent:

Plane left Gatwick at 2PM

Update on the works will follow.

Luc

• 2 weeks later...

All oil changes have been done. I had some issues on regular misfire above 6.5k.

Lee checked the plugs and coilpacks, and found that the coilpacks needed replacing (although this was an almost new one I got from a member). Nevertheless, the car is running great now.

Whilst remplacing the plugs, Lee did a compression test, which was fine. I know that the new engine has only 2.600 mls, but it's always good to be on the safe side.

The oil breather kit was removed, and the venting routed to the back of the car (after heavy pulls, I could smell the oil slightly inside the cabin which I wanted to be corrected).

Due to a double sandwich plate, I couldn't run a stock oil filter anymore, which is a pity as the small defi ones can take some time to be available.

A TRD stat was also installed.

All possible sensors have been installed and connected to the Syvecs (and toucan). Ryan only needs to set them up on Tuesday. All my gauges have been removed now, as the toucan controls and monitors everything. After some years without, I have my clock with outside temp display back in the car. :D

I will upload more once I have the car back.

Edited by Luxluc (see edit history)

• Luxluc changed the title to Luc's SRD1XXX Supra