The mkiv Supra Owners Club

List of recommended insurance companies?

Homer

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Need some insurance on an MR2 Turbo (with a few mods), it's been years since I last had car insurance in the UK, any recommendations on where to start would be appreciated. :thanks:

Classic - LWIB or sureterm direct

non-classic A-Plan (thatcham branch), Bell, Elephant/Admiral or Sky

Homer, I cant be arsed to read all the way through but if you are not sorted yet then give me a call. I have a suggestion that I dont want to post to everyone. Their loss ratio's are so good thry can afford to be cheap as chips :)

£600 for as an idea.

Cheers

Without a doubt, Competition Car Insurance, by far the cheapest I've found.

Cheers for the heads up Paul, just called them and their quote was basically half the price of the next cheapest quote :thumbs:

Their policies are through AVIVA, they mainly do track insurance, but will insure certain sports cars on the road including the Supra. As part of the standard policy they also cover up to 3 track days a year for no extra cost, although there is an extra £1K excess for track days on top of standard £350 excess.

They also give a club discount of 10% and gave me an introductory 1 years no claims for free. Spoke to a guy called Richard who was very helpful.

http://www.competition-car-insurance.co.uk/company.htm

Phoning round for quotes today...

Got my renewal in from Sky and have knocked them down £55 already, but thought if go on a search:

Best Quotes...in order of best price:

Competition!!!!!

Need2Insure

Adrian Flux

Sky

Worst Quote:

Footman James

Companies that wouldn't even quote:

Greenlight - as they don't list a 2000 model Supra!?:blink:

LWIB - a I am with Sky/Marketstudy and they aren't allowed to quote against them!?:blink:

I have absolutely no idea how this industry works out their prices looking at the disparity in quotes!?:rolleyes:

Edited by Westy
Competition Quote has blown the rest away so far! (see edit history)

I got a number of quotes for a 95 MR2 Turbo I'm buying, the Sky quote was by far the highest at around £1200!! Almost twice the price of many of the other companies recommended in this thread.

In comparison the policy I took out with Competition Car Insurance/Aviva was £311 for 12 months, with £350 excess and also included 3 free track days cover.

Are Sky still an affiliated trader on here (notice they still have a stickied thread in the 'Club News and Membership' section)? I've been a member on here for 10 years, since the club started, if that's the best deal they can do for me then I'd question why we still have them on the forum.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...