The mkiv Supra Owners Club

List of recommended insurance companies?

Homer

That time of year again so have been following though all the insurance threads here trying to find a list of the recommended ones by members. So far I have the following, but can anyone add others that have provided good quotes?

Need to Insure

Liverpool Victoria

AON/Footman James

Sureterm

Lynbrook

APlan Thatcham

Competition

Sky

Adrian Flux

LWIB

Need to insure

So far Need to Insure and LWIB have provided the most competitive quotes...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have noticed admiral/elephant have been rather competitive with prices on supras recently (for some people) not sure what there customer service, as the quote side of customer service all seemed good to me

Seems to depend on the mods. Wouldn't cover the mods on my uk supra. But would cover another imported car I own with just alloy wheels where most other companies Inc sky and Adrian flux wouldn't.

they have covered by bpu mods but i asked if i had a accident and damaged my fmic for example they would replace it with a new stock one. but full exhaust they will replace like for like as long as i have the original reciepts

i have noticed admiral/elephant have been rather competitive with prices on supras recently (for some people) not sure what there customer service, as the quote side of customer service all seemed good to me

For me they couldn't quote due to the car having an NA engine in a TT shell. Plus I had a really bad experience with them 8 years ago and from that wouldn't recommend them to anyone.. unless you're desperate :D

So far, LWIB and Need to Insure have provided quotes quite a lot below all the others (£410 and £400 respectively). Sky have been off the mark this year for the first time in many years, their best is £525, but I'm waiting for a callback tomorrow to see if they can get a better price from their insurer.

Three years ago when my UK Supra was 100% standard, Admiral charged me around £170 for fully comp with protected no claims - and the Mrs was also on the policy.

What stopped them being able to insure my car was the boost controller; they didn't seem to have a problem with wheels, exhaust and the other odds and ends, they just don't like boost controllers.

Three years ago when my UK Supra was 100% standard, Admiral charged me around £170 for fully comp with protected no claims - and the Mrs was also on the policy.

What stopped them being able to insure my car was the boost controller; they didn't seem to have a problem with wheels, exhaust and the other odds and ends, they just don't like boost controllers.

I can confirm this. I gave them a list of all the BPU upgrades and the only thing they refused to insure was the boost controller (and that's not even needed for BPU).

I can confirm this. I gave them a list of all the BPU upgrades and the only thing they refused to insure was the boost controller (and that's not even needed for BPU).

Unfortunately it is on a UK spec!

I suspect Admiral may insure a J-Spec at BPU if a boost controller wasn't used.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you guys generally phone up each company for a quote or do you start off with a meerkat-style website and go from there? I have rung a couple of companies and it's a right pain having to go through the list of mods and everything just for them to say no, or give a high quote.

£700 fully comp on the supra seems a bit high when I'm an old man now at 33!

Well i have to say, im disappointed with Sky Insurance. My renewal was £842, with 6 points and all mods declared. :( did some phoning about, and went to Livingston Warman, i have say Awesome, couldn't have asked for anything else. All Mods declared(full spec list of my car emailed to them) with an Agreed Value. £655 BOOM! All paid, i know that Sky are the Clubs insurer but TBH im not impressed with them.

They had the cheek to ask for the Email that Linvingston Warman sent me with the Prices. :( Not good guys!!!!!!

Anyway happy with my New Insurance and Agreed Value. :)

Livingston Warman

O1935 - 706258

Ask for Penny Taverner