The mkiv Supra Owners Club

List of recommended insurance companies?

Homer

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have just had a quote from Competition, £130 cheaper than my renewal with Mark Richards/Markerstudy and 5 track days thrown in foc. 10% discount for being a member of the club. £426.27 in total with £500 excess, all mods declared. They also have a fixed admin fee of £15 which is a lot less than some and after being caught with a previous insurer, something I always check.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just phoned CCI to see what they could do, but unfortunately they have a maximum mileage of 7000 per year. I do nearly double that so it was a very brief phone call.

The chap was very pleasant though.

[edit]

LWIB gave me the same Markerstudy speech, the woman was genuinely annoyed about it and really apologetic, but again, no joy.

Adrian Flux £580 with £300 excess with all mods covered - that's looking like the winner so far. Just waiting for N2I to ring me back.

Edited by Animal (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been boring myself stupid over the last few days trying to sort insurance for the impending Supra collection.

My own insurers (Direct Line) want to add £422 plus an admin fee to my current policy of £260. The excesses weren't great. If I cancel they want £107!

I did multiple comparison site quotes and then started to ring around those recommended on here.

Sky, Adrian Flux, Greenlight and Need2Insure were all about the same £680-£700. Fairly high excesses too. Aviva want me to call back when I have specifics about the model of the alarm and immoboliser.

Diamond was in the lead with a £585 quote and small excesses.

They looked like a winner until I got a callback from Livingstones Warman today. I forgot I called them. It took them a few hours to get back to me, but beat all the rest at £485 fully comp, courtesy car, legal, key cover and even covers a small amount of business use. The excesses are average and they give a discount for being a club member too. Bonus. The staff were very helpful too.

Interestingly, both LWIB and Diamond insurance is with Marker Study yet with very different prices. Go figure!

I'm still waiting for a call from Competition, but I doubt they'll beat LWIB.

I did get a laugh from Performance Direct - £4400 with the small amount of business use, £2200 without...! :rlol:

Good thing this bumped up, I'll be calling a few places tomorrow & report back.

Admiral automatically renewed my insurance (no letter advising), took £781 out with no warning!

I called & advise why & how come online it states £582 & you charged £781? He just said online is cheaper (rude chap from the states), not what I was expecting as they were superb & I mean superb service sorting me out of a pickle when I had the car imported with no number plates to register!

If any of you guys have got C+E on your license then Adelaide Insurance guarantee to beat any quote like for like..

They quoted me £1386 all mods declared and when I told them I'm currently paying £356 F/Comp they said ok no problem we'll do it for £350..

Guest suprageek
On the contary , we care greatly as we do about all renewal customers, we are more than a little peeved that another broker has undercut our underwriters rate using the same underwriter, this puts us in an impossible position and means we have to speak to the underwriter about this particular case, again why we requsted to see the LWIB rate email. We are stuck in the middle here and the underwriter shouldn't be offering two different rates to two different brokers.

I tried to get a quote off your website, It keeps saying my car was manufactured between 82 and 86 and won't let me put in 1993

On the contary , we care greatly as we do about all renewal customers,

Perhaps you should tell this to the rest of your staff, because after 7 years of being insured with you i've just handed my business over to Adrian Flux because I dont appreciate being spoken to like a liar over the phone by some argumentative bitch who thinks Sky are doing me a huge favour by quoting me £60 more than my best quote.

I tried to get a quote off your website, It keeps saying my car was manufactured between 82 and 86 and won't let me put in 1993

Hi,

unfortunately we only cover the UK mainland area. I assume you car is either and incorrectly registered Import which is why it is bringing up the wrong vehicle.

Thanks

Perhaps you should tell this to the rest of your staff, because after 7 years of being insured with you i've just handed my business over to Adrian Flux because I dont appreciate being spoken to like a liar over the phone by some argumentative bitch who thinks Sky are doing me a huge favour by quoting me £60 more than my best quote.

Hi,

I am sorry to hear this, I've dropped you a PM so I can have a look into it and offer a reply.

Thanks

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html

I'm 42, I've had a full clean UK license since I was 17 and have been a member of the forum since it began in 2001. I've been out of the UK for many years so I don't have any no claims here, but I have had insurance in HK with no claims for over 14 years, I live in a good area and the car is parked on a driveway. I knew Sky were affiliated with the club so I went to them first for a quote on a modified 95 MR2 GT Turbo, the result was a quote of £1200+.

I spent a lot of time getting quotes from different insurance companies, these quotes ranged between £600-£800, I then asked on here for recommendations, PW recommended CCI so I called them, I was quoted £311 for the year, this included a discount for being in the club and complimentary 1 years no claim bonus discount.

When I was a trader on the forum I worked hard to negotiate the best possible prices for members and kept a close eye on the market so I could be as competitive as possible, if I'd quoted 4 x the price on parts I wouldn't have lasted very long on here. If £1200+ is the best SKY can offer me I'd question why they are still a trader on the forum.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Insurance is up end of next month, so been ringing around to guage prices. Not impressed so far by any means.

25, License for 4 years, 3 years NCB, car garaged at private residence.

Sky - £1242 like for like on mods

Adrian Flux - £1995

Lynbrook - No Quote!!!!!!!!

Performance Direct - Waiting for a call back

Seem pretty steep to me so far.

Anyone had any decent quotes recently that they can recommend?

Livingstone Warman are great to deal with (although their office is only open 9-5)

My insurance runs out on Thursday so I need to get in touch with them tomorrow, my renewal is the same as last year, £520, but Admiral have quoted £425 so I'm going to see if LWIB can reduce my premium to match, as I really don't want to go with Admiral. Listy35, I speak to a lady called Vicky and she's lovely!

Livingstone Warman are great to deal with (although their office is only open 9-5)

My insurance runs out on Thursday so I need to get in touch with them tomorrow, my renewal is the same as last year, £520, but Admiral have quoted £425 so I'm going to see if LWIB can reduce my premium to match, as I really don't want to go with Admiral. Listy35, I speak to a lady called Vicky and she's lovely!

Yeah, small company, really friendly :)

I think one of the directors is car fanatic.

I have mine on limited mileage of 3000 per annum and that helps reduce the premium, but would only cost another £30 to extend that to 5000 miles. It's cheaper than my '94 Celica GT

• 4 weeks later...

Quote from LWIB: £1175, like for like on all mods, agreed value (£8500) (paying monthly £258.50 deposit, followed by 9 payments of £114.89)

Cheaper than Sky (even though they use the same underwriters) and miles cheaper than adrian flux.

LWIB also give you discount for being with the same employer for a certain amount of time, and, by the sounds of it, if you are part of the forum, as they asked for my membership details :)

Great to deal with, and will be phoning back this afternoon to take out the policy :D

Ok, change of plan. After being contacted by Sky over PM, had a call back and they lowered the premium to beat LWIB. LWIB could go no lower, so have taken the policy with Sky insurance. £1122 full payment, with a £350 excess, like for like on all mods and agreed value of £7700. I have gone monthly, which works out at £300 deposit, and £95 per month for 10 months. Works out at £1255 total, which is lower than LWIB full payment.

Much happier with my insurance now, much cheaper than my previous year :D

Just so people know for reference, I am 25, driving 4 years, 3 years No claims, clean license.

Car is pretty much BPU (minus FCD) with full body kit, CF bonnet, CF spoiler, alloys, seats, steering wheel. All mods declared.

Great dealing with Sky, obviously do care about their customers. They also dropped the price if I was to take the insurance today, which knocked an extra £20 quid off.

I spoke to Sharron, and she was very helpful and a delight to deal with.

Guest Budz86

Anyone heard of kinetic insurance? Phoned flux today and been quoted £630 with these guys underwriting. Sky quoted me £1042 for my renewal.

Full BPU, 25 years old, 5 years NCB, social, domestic and pleasure, £10k value (I doubt it's agreed though).

One thing about this policy is the excess - £1500! But Flux have included another policy within the quoted price that means if I have to pay my excess, I'll get a guaranteed £1k back within 10 working days. This can only happen once in a year, but if I'm not at fault I don't pay the excess anyway.

Anyone heard of these policies or the company?

Thanks!