The mkiv Supra Owners Club

List of recommended insurance companies?

Homer

With Adrian Flux, you'll only actually have an 'Agreed value' after you submit photos of the car, plus a detailed breakdown of what's been done to the car and how much has been spent on it.

When they (Adrian Flux) say 'Agreed value', it's what they say it's worth - it's what they agree to pay you back for a total loss.

You could declare that your car is worth £10k, but they may come back after you've paid your premium and supplied photos etc and then say they'll only agree to an 'Agreed value' of, for example, £7k.

You've only got an 'Agreed value' when you get paperwork back from them saying 'Agreed value £xxxxx'. I think to get an 'Agreed value' with them it's about a tenner extra.

Never heard of Kinetic Insurance though - until today...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With Adrian Flux, you'll only actually have an 'Agreed value' after you submit photos of the car, plus a detailed breakdown of what's been done to the car and how much has been spent on it.

When they (Adrian Flux) say 'Agreed value', it's what they say it's worth - it's what they agree to pay you back for a total loss.

You could declare that your car is worth £10k, but they may come back after you've paid your premium and supplied photos etc and then say they'll only agree to an 'Agreed value' of, for example, £7k.

You've only got an 'Agreed value' when you get paperwork back from them saying 'Agreed value £xxxxx'. I think to get an 'Agreed value' with them it's about a tenner extra.

Yep that's how it works with LWIB, they also as far as i know don't do like for like

cover on individual parts and i don't see how anyone else doe's either, i would

have to see that written in black and white before i'd believe it.

Insurance is up end of next month, so been ringing around to guage prices. Not impressed so far by any means.

25, License for 4 years, 3 years NCB, car garaged at private residence.

Sky - £1242 like for like on mods

Adrian Flux - £1995

Lynbrook - No Quote!!!!!!!!

Performance Direct - Waiting for a call back

Seem pretty steep to me so far.

Anyone had any decent quotes recently that they can recommend?

Have you tried competition car insurance?? If you dont need the car for commuting the offer some excellent prices for road cars these days.

Performance direct were useless to me, quoted £1700 with £1000 excess.

LWIB and Sky were the cheapest for me, Sky matched LWIB's price and are open saturdays (when I bought the car) so ended up going with them. No problems so far with the service, all very helpfull.

The insurance companies show their true colours when you acutally need to make a claim, some are very easy to deal with, others are useless.

Have you tried competition car insurance?? If you dont need the car for commuting the offer some excellent prices for road cars these days.

Performance direct were useless to me, quoted £1700 with £1000 excess.

LWIB and Sky were the cheapest for me, Sky matched LWIB's price and are open saturdays (when I bought the car) so ended up going with them. No problems so far with the service, all very helpfull.

The insurance companies show their true colours when you acutally need to make a claim, some are very easy to deal with, others are useless.

Went with Sky in the end. £7700 agreed value, like for like on mods, £300 excess. They undercut LWIB by £60, and LWIB couldnt go lower.

Mine is a daily, so CCI was a no go for me :(