The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Well, I have had better days! UPDATED

CJ

I would say the NHS is slow for most things, but they seem to pull their finger out with cancer and so you may be better in the UK. Its also nice to have family round you to help when chemo gets to you. My dad had cancer 17 years ago and is still going strong at 73, so they do see many people through.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Col,

really sorry to hear this, my father went through something similar, initial diagnosis was acid reflux, eventually after much insistance he had an bronchoscopy and discovered he had lung cancer. The Chemo and the Radiotherapy he had made a big difference. Hope it all works out for you buddy. Thinking of you.

Mike

Not nice news to get mate but try and remember the best way to beat cancer is to be positive , I really hope you make a full recovery and it isn't as bad as they expect

Ps they always give you the worst case scenario so let's hope ot isn't as bad

Fucking hell, mate only just seen this. Hope you and the family are ok, you have my details mate, it has always been a pleasure talking with you and feel free to contact me for a chat any time. This has really shocked me and mine and sams thoughts are with you and the family. Is your son still in merthyr if he is tell him he can call me any time for a chat.

I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles Col, if there is anything I could do to help you need only ask.

Similar to many of the previous replies, cancer care in the UK can be very good provided it's caught early. My mum went through the same and the treatment are care she received was absolutely superb, very quick to get appointments and treatment was started within days.