The mkiv Supra Owners Club

forum owned track supras, register and chat thread.

dr_jekyll

With these cams there seems to be little affect on the low down torque, obviously there must be some trade-off for the increase at the top-end but I can't see that being much of a problem for me, especially with the lower gearing I run in the diff and the fast spooling stock twins. The top-end is where my car is really let down so I'll live with whatever loss I suffer leaving the pits!

Was worth a punt anyway for what I paid for them.:)

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a bit of an expensive day :)

http://www.murraymotorsport.com/assets/products/5395/large/Trophy-Jet-_-Sport.jpg?1326737426

http://www.murraymotorsport.com/assets/products/12434/large/271051510-SP_shoes_black.jpg?1413990753

http://www.murraymotorsport.com/assets/products/7292/large/tech1start-black.jpg?1384766714

attachment.php?attachmentid=195904&d=1420836761

Wow big pics!

Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, I already have the suit so that's the wardrobe sorted.

I hope to find a bit of talent in a pocket on the day I suit up for real.

underwear.jpg

Looks like top stuff :)

Well I'm proud to say it wasn't the cheapest stuff they had:) but there seemed to be a bit of a store discount on the Alpinestar gear which along with the 10% discount they gave me on top brought it almost in line with the budget gear.

I bought the open face Stilo helmet over the full faced budget lid I had intended getting as it was just more comfortable. They were doing a special offer on different level helmet and HANS combos so it would've been rude not to!

I did try on a €1500 full faced carbon Stilo helmet though and Christ, it was a VERY nice place to be!

Ah nice work mate, cant be too careful :)

Very little point putting it at the top of the "to-buy" list when you're strapped to a back-board alright mate.

People scoffed at me for fitting a proper roll cage to the car before I'd even done a track day but in my eyes it all makes for a more enjoyable experience when thoughts of mortality aren't a factor in when you lift!

Very little point putting it at the top of the "to-buy" list when you're strapped to a back-board alright mate.

People scoffed at me for fitting a proper roll cage to the car before I'd even done a track day but in my eyes it all makes for a more enjoyable experience when thoughts of mortality aren't a factor in when you lift!

Yeah defo mate, hindsight is not such a wonderful thing when you sat in a wheelchair (or worse) because you thought "it will be ok"

Hence why I have the same personal fire and safety kit as you (different brands apart from the HANs), Welded roll cage, Plumbed in fire extinguisher, a crash resistant, explosion suppressant fuel cell in a metal container surrounded by a steel cage welded to the car behind a crash bar.

• 2 weeks later...

Mondello Park, the home of the Irish Time Attack series for the past decade, have decided the series is not profitable enough to interest the circuit owners and are now looking to pull the plug on the 2015 championship.

There is a meeting being organised for next Thursday to try and convince management to reconsider.

There are plenty of projects around the country that have been undertaken specifically for this year's series so wish us luck!

Mondello Park, the home of the Irish Time Attack series for the past decade, have decided the series is not profitable enough to interest the circuit owners and are now looking to pull the plug on the 2015 championship.

There is a meeting being organised for next Thursday to try and convince management to reconsider.

There are plenty of projects around the country that have been undertaken specifically for this year's series so wish us luck!

Whaaaat!!

I really hope that they reconsider, was looking forward to seeing vids of you attacking.

• 2 weeks later...

So this is the new facebook page for Irish Time Attack

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Irish-Time-attack/1544745859145574?sk=timeline

If anyone with an interest in following my exploits in this year's series finds yourself with a spare 5 minutes someday I'd appreciate it if you could wander on over and like/share the page for a bit of support. We (the drivers) are currently in negotiations with Mondello to try and keep Time Attack alive in Ireland, it struggled to reach target numbers consistently over the last couple of years and because of that the bean counters have taken a rather dim view of it, but we are hoping that some fresh ideas & major changes to the format will pull it out of the doldrums and return it to its former popularity. If we can't then Time Attack in Ireland is finished for good I'm afraid.

Thanks for your time.

And don't forget I'll be in a Supra so that has to worth the couple of mouse clicks required!

Edited by pedrosixfour (see edit history)

Things are looking up!

"Irish Time Attack Championship Confirmed for 2015....

This evening after meeting with Mondello officials it's confirmed that the Irish Time Attack series will run 3 rounds between May - Sept.

An upfront once off payment of €500 (3 rounds @ €150 each + €50 for championship registration) must be made before 4th of April exactly a month before the first round. Registration forms along with season regulations will be made available over the coming week. Minimum number of championship registrations required is 15.

Non championship competitors are of course more than welcome but will be subjected to the higher entry fee of €200 per round.

Round 1 - May 4th

Round 2 - August 3rd

Round 3 - September 27th (Japfest)"

That's my competitive wants sorted for 2015 at least, I might even get to a track day or two with the number of rounds in the T/A series reduced from seven to three.

If all goes well this year we might look at adding another round or two at most next year, for now we're just happy to have somewhere to compete!

I now have ample time to get the car up to speed before the first round as well, which is certainly going to help.

Things are looking up!

"Irish Time Attack Championship Confirmed for 2015....

This evening after meeting with Mondello officials it's confirmed that the Irish Time Attack series will run 3 rounds between May - Sept.

An upfront once off payment of €500 (3 rounds @ €150 each + €50 for championship registration) must be made before 4th of April exactly a month before the first round. Registration forms along with season regulations will be made available over the coming week. Minimum number of championship registrations required is 15.

Non championship competitors are of course more than welcome but will be subjected to the higher entry fee of €200 per round.

Round 1 - May 4th

Round 2 - August 3rd

Round 3 - September 27th (Japfest)"

That's my competitive wants sorted for 2015 at least, I might even get to a track day or two with the number of rounds in the T/A series reduced from seven to three.

If all goes well this year we might look at adding another round or two at most next year, for now we're just happy to have somewhere to compete!

I now have ample time to get the car up to speed before the first round as well, which is certainly going to help.

Ah well done, shame its only 3 rounds but then its better than nothing.

Ah well done, shame its only 3 rounds but then its better than nothing.

Cheers Rich.

We decided it might look better to have three really good rounds this year and leave everybody wanting more!

Japfest is the biggest modified car event in the country so we were delighted to get a track slot at that event at all this year, the drifters aren't too keen on sharing.:tongue:

Everybody who did last year's championship said seven rounds was just too much, two even fell on consecutive weekends!

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered/paid for one of these from our newly installed trader Co-ordsport.

Richie did a bang-up job of answering all my question, even the really daft ones.

I'd like to say those were an attempt by me to try & catch him out, but that would be lying. :D

The unit pictured is a 1/2way, mine will be the 1.5/2way with a factory setting of 1.5way.

Just need to gather up the other items needed to do the swap now, bearings, seals, shims and a crush tube.

Great news on the series mate, also you will love the diff compared to the torsen, should make the car even more drivable!

Yeah, it's all looking good for the future Si, just glad it has been given another chance to shine by Mondello, even though the drivers themselves have taken over the running of the series in fairness to them (Mondello) they're doing quite a bit themselves to make the drivers feel as welcome as possible, free pit garages to the competitors (a €300/garage hit for other wheel to wheel race series), the use of their timing equipment in the tower and capping the cost per driver at last year's price, even though all other prices have gone up across the board, plus money back from our registration fees to allow us to cover the cost of the sticker/number kits and a bit of advertising.

As for the diff, I don't know what to expect or where it is really going to benefit the most, I'm just hoping that my driving is at the stage where I can even tell the bloody thing is fitted!

We shall see.:)

It`ll make the rear alot more predictable so you`ll be on the gas earlier and rear grip should be improved.

That sounds like a recipe for a sub two minute lap to me!

Couple this to the extra bit of poke from the new cams and a bit of a diet and I could become a real pain in the arse for some long established runners in Pro class. :D

• 2 months later...

Well the car is as ready as it will ever be for the first round of the Irish Time Attack Championship at Mondello Park this bank holiday Monday.

I started out on this quest six and a half years ago with a bog standard SZ-R, the car looks like it has recently been pulled from a canal but the exterior belies what lurks beneath!

Latest additions to the list are the new Cusco 1.5way LSD and the side exit exhaust system from SteveL's former UK Time Attack monster, my 264 cams may wait for their debut at round two as time just wasn't available to get them installed.

Wish me luck anyway, I've a feeling I may need it before Tuesday!