The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Jamie. Awesome numbers.Out of interest..at what rpm do you see max boost in 3rd and 4th on the road.

Max boost in 3rd and 4th = me very much concentrating on the road and not my rev counter, the car demands my full attention when on boost;)

My TRD/majestic diff is not to happy, started leaking from both sides a few days back, the oil was dropping on the exhaust and making a serious stink, I got home from work today and i swapped it out for one of my spare diffs, gonna drop the diff to Lee tomorrow to check out, i need that diff back in asap if im to do any drag racing.

ce6a6e7a.jpg

f76f6067.jpg

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

It's obviously distorting the bearing carriers, if not the whole case and trying to push the crown wheel out the side. It looks like you have found another limitation in Toyota's hardware :)

Lets hope its not related to the new power output, i will drop a spare case down to Lee's diff guy an all now you have said that, the only upgrade is the boostlogic 9" diff, very pricey them.

http://www.boostlogic.com/xcart/product.php?productid=157&cat=8&page=1

If you are that serious about drag race times binning the IRS and fitting a live axle with a spool diff would be the best way to go.

Im not that serious about drag racing with this car, couple of times a year im happy with, just need the diff to hold together.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)