The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

Im dying to get it on a mile event, i wanted to do fighting torque but its the weekend before suprapod, no chance of me getting two weekends off in a row from the wife and kids, plus the fact woodbridge is strict on noise, hopefully thunder road will be doing one later in the year and i hear it wont be noise restricted.:)

If they do one without noise restrictions I'd be interested in seeing what the MR2 would do in a full mile.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should save 45-50kg with the carbon doors and tailgate

That's a good saving. They'll look pretty cool with the rest of the carbon as well.

Will they're be an open invitation for Thunder road or will it be only a select amount?

I would love to have a chance to do a mile event in the UK...

That's a good saving. They'll look pretty cool with the rest of the carbon as well.

Will they're be an open invitation for Thunder road or will it be only a select amount?

I would love to have a chance to do a mile event in the UK...

Cheers, gonna spray everything black so it wont look any different.

I dont think there is a date set yet for thunder road, anyone can go, be great to see your car there.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?244959-THUNDER-ROAD-2011-Cottesmore&highlight=thunder+road

Give it a bump, might nudge Jez towards sorting the day out;)

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

45+kgs saving that's impressive.

Is the Do luck style carbon bonnet still happening mate

It might be mate, Noel is going to start on it when he has some time, he is opening a new outlet at the nurburgring and very busy at present.

What do the doors weigh JP, Ive just gutted some, and I mean gutted, would be good to compare.

Fully built up with glass, doorcards etc as per stock you save 12.5kg over a stock door, i dont know what they weigh bare.

Fully built up with glass, doorcards etc as per stock you save 12.5kg over a stock door, i dont know what they weigh bare.

I will weigh what I have cut out, will be going perspex side windows with sliders, my doors are full of Dynamatt as well.

Today was my last chance (busy tomorrow) to check the clearance under load on my Hoosier drag tyres before i need to go the Fast5, just as i fitted them it started pouring down:(

I had no choice but to test them in the rain, it was hard to get under full load in the wet but it seemed ok.

With the 28" tall tyres the gearing is so long, makes the car feel slow to me, if it dont perform how i want at fast5 I'm going to look towards some 27" tyres for suprapod, i always use to use 26" and they seemed to do the job ok.

Going over to SRD tomorrow to pick up my TRD/majestic diff, Lee has put new axle stubs and seals in it, also got some funky synthetic grease to put in my cv joints, if that dont work out for me im going to try some uprated driveshafts.