The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah most likely Chris, there plenty of supras out there running the same and more power than me though without this issue, new stubs/seals/clips have got to be worth a try IMO, I'm happy to listen to all ideas though.

I'm drag racing at fast5 on the 7th and 8th of July, should be a good test for it.

I would think a proper fix is to convert to tripod joints like nearly all big HP modern race cars use. These are the ones on the outer ends of the drive shaft on my Lola F3000. Also see how big the hub bearings are. Bear in mind this is a very light 540 kilo car with only 500 BHP. With your power and torque you are now really over working stuff, plus you seem to actually use it more than most.

lola1.jpg

lola2.jpg

JP, can you swing by the shop so i can make sure those clear my front brakes so i can order some ???? I have the large AP Formula brakes, should be fine if yours fit.

I doubt they will fit yours mate, I use a 20mm spacer to clear my brakes, then they only just fit under my wide front arches.

I doubt they will fit yours mate, I use a 20mm spacer to clear my brakes, then they only just fit under my wide front arches.

I run the front of my car pretty high and when its under power I doubt the arches will be anywhere near the tire. In that case I will definatly need to try them before I order some.

Doing a few jobs on the car today to get ready for fast5 next week, fitted my harnesses.

I also tried to get my drag wheels in the car, got no chance with the roll cage, looks like i will have to remove the passenger seat just to get them in the car.

harness004.jpg

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

It might be a hassle filled option but you could remove the passengers seat and put it behind the drivers seat (90 degree clockwise "L" shape half in the boot area half draped over the rear seat/cage). That way you might be able to get the wheels in and take the seat if you want to give passenger runs etc?

Bit of hassle though and you would need to secure the seat to the cage.

Bought some carbon doors from knight racer today, the car is going in for fitting next week, Albert sent me a couple of pictures today as he test fitted them on another car to check they was all good before they go to paint, very happy with them.

Also bought a Seibon Carbon hatch and lexan rear screen from Whifbitz, Im not 100% i will use the lexan rear screen yet.

IMAG1188.jpg

IMAG1189.jpg

seibonboot.jpg

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Im dying to get it on a mile event, i wanted to do fighting torque but its the weekend before suprapod, no chance of me getting two weekends off in a row from the wife and kids, plus the fact woodbridge is strict on noise, hopefully thunder road will be doing one later in the year and i hear it wont be noise restricted.:)