The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jamsames

have you thought about loading some weight on the car, couple of fat dudes sitting on the boot, and then checking for any issues?

Went over to see Lee today, we fitted the new axle stubs and put my TRD diff back in, the old axle stubs you could pop in and out with ease, the clips on them was very worn and they had some grooves in the metal where the seals sat, the new stubs had to be given a wallop to get them in, hopefully they will stay that way.

Also fitted a full set of Porterfield brake pads, first impressions are good.

Car is all loaded and ready for Fast5 tomorrow, fingers crossed for good weather and a decent time.

The car looks great with those rears on, hope the weather holds out for you tomorrow

In those pics of the axle stubs is the one of the left and right the old ones, centre the new one? Looks like the one on the left has got seriously hot (passenger side?), maybe just the camera though!

The car looks great with those rears on, hope the weather holds out for you tomorrow

In those pics of the axle stubs is the one of the left and right the old ones, centre the new one? Looks like the one on the left has got seriously hot (passenger side?), maybe just the camera though!

Cheers mate.

Nah the two on the left are new.

I didnt get the time i really wanted, still happy though and it was a good shakedown for suprapod, i know what i need to do.

I could gve you all the excuses in the world Rob but at the end of the day i could not do it, First run felt good, small burnout, got a lot of wheel spin off the line but still did a respectable 10.4@143mph.

I thought to myself i have got this in the bag easy, how wrong was I!

Second run, massive burnout, hit it hard and it bogged badly, Ryan suggested trying the launch control out, i hated that tbh, every time it just bogged down, i stuck with it but it just bogged again and again, i was doing 2.5 60fts, i hate driver aids and i could just not get use to it.

Then just before lunch Marks boy killed his prop, it just put me off trying any further tbh, i had some food, packed up and went home.

Ive got a few things i want to change now, good test day for suprapod.

Dont get me wrong, Im still over the moon with my new personal best, I drove there, did a 10.4@143mph and drove home again, How many uk supras do you know that can do that?, I WILL BE BACK

In hot pursuit of that nine second run i so want i have sorted a few bits out today, i wont give up till i have a nine.

Ordered some 27" ET Streets from Websters, i was never happy with the 28" tyres, they are very hard to launch with, they alter the gearing to much IMO and they also ripped off one of my side pods on the start line and put a small spider web in my carbon arch :( i will get that fixed over winter.

With the new tyres and the addition of my new single piece prop http://www.driveshaftshop.com/import-driveshafts/toyota/toyota-supra-1-piece-pro-series-driveshaft-w-aluminum-conversion-plate-turbo-w-6-speed-shaft-aluminum-shaft i will have the confidence to hit it hard on the start line, new prop should be with me in a few days, speak with Jurgen anyone that wants stuff from there, he gets good deals.

Also just to be safe the car is going back to SRD in a few days to refit my nitrous kit, Ryan is going to set it up via the syvecs so i just get a little help in first gear to get me going then it will switch off, i will only use it if i need to but i want the option should i need it at suprapod.

All this just to go 0.4 seconds quicker over the 1/4 :rolleyes::D

In hot pursuit of that nine second run i so want i have sorted a few bits out today, i wont give up till i have a nine.

Ordered some 27" ET Streets from Websters, i was never happy with the 28" tyres, they are very hard to launch with, they alter the gearing to much IMO and they also ripped off one of my side pods on the start line and put a small spider web in my carbon arch :( i will get that fixed over winter.

With the new tyres and the addition of my new single piece prop http://www.driveshaftshop.com/import-driveshafts/toyota/toyota-supra-1-piece-pro-series-driveshaft-w-aluminum-conversion-plate-turbo-w-6-speed-shaft-aluminum-shaft i will have the confidence to hit it hard on the start line, new prop should be with me in a few days, speak with Jurgen anyone that wants stuff from there, he gets good deals.

Also just to be safe the car is going back to SRD in a few days to refit my nitrous kit, Ryan is going to set it up via the syvecs so i just get a little help in first gear to get me going then it will switch off, i will only use it if i need to but i want the option should i need it at suprapod.

how much is that prop landed in the uk jamie ?

fcuk me mate if u dont do a 9.9 or better with that set up id be amazed :D