The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very very quick car.......very very nice car.......brilliant, you must be " over the moon "..........................hope you getting lots of driving practice on the play station or x box or whatever that bloke said he was a star driver on....lol.........................love the car.

Congrats Jamie, SRD And Ryan, Great results!!

JP the 3.4's rev just as high as the 3.0 as well. With the GT55 we had our's spinning to 9500. All the other big (Cody.P/Ryan Woon/SW) setup 3.4's all have 10k limits as well.

Can't wait to see this in action at fast 5:)

JP the 3.4's rev just as high as the 3.0 as well. With the GT55 we had our's spinning to 9500. All the other big (Cody.P/Ryan Woon/SW) setup 3.4's all have 10k limits as well.

Darters was your 1167 run on pump or race fuel??

Ive looked into it many times, i doubt i will ever go 3.4, might do a T6 one day.

BTW One turbo setup to look into is the T4 billet 82mm. Sean @ Titan uses it and if I'd known about it before going T6 I would have definitely used that. He makes around 1300 whp with it and it spools great for that power as well.

Maybe when they are used more in the uk i will consider, its just a lot of money when compared to a 3.0L build, if i was to pop a 3.4 id be gutted.

BTW One turbo setup to look into is the T4 billet 82mm. Sean @ Titan uses it and if I'd known about it before going T6 I would have definitely used that. He makes around 1300 whp with it and it spools great for that power as well.

Will look it up, thanks.

Race fuel, I'm running a higher C/R than usual so pump fuel is pretty risky for my setup at this sort of boost.

Are you going to do a pump fuel map? surely you cant run on race fuel everywhere?

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Are you going to do any track days with it Jamie? It certainly looks like it has plenty of grunt, well done, wild machine.

Thanks Chris, I might do if any days pop up without noise restrictions, my main aim for the car this year is a 9 second 1/4 and 200mph + mile.

Thanks Chris, I might do if any days pop up without noise restrictions, my main aim for the car this year is a 9 second 1/4 and 200mph + mile.

Do you still have the option of recirculating the wastegate on your current exhaust?

Are you going to do TOTB Jamie?

Not sure if you've done it before, but you get a go at the 1/4, 1km top speed and a coned handling track.

Thanks guys.

Are you going to do TOTB Jamie?

Not sure if you've done it before, but you get a go at the 1/4, 1km top speed and a coned handling track.

Long way for me and with the shit surface there im never going to do well compared to santapod, totb has never interested me mate.

Do you still have the option of recirculating the wastegate on your current exhaust?

I have them open but its simple enough to put them back in should i want, tbh though they are no where near as loud as a single gate setup ive found.

Long way for me and with the shit surface there im never going to do well compared to santapod, totb has never interested me mate.

Shame, it's a good weekend, and a good chance to show what the car can do infront of probably the biggest crowd of the year :)

Iv'e always found the surface to not be too bad, especially with road tyres or R888's etc. It's an old runway so quite abrasive.

I've found the r888's to be alot better @ elvington than at pod for some reason, they even seem to behave better on the road than at pod!

Yeah I get what you mean it's alot of stress if something does do wrong.

I'm changing my wastegate setup to twins to ramp in the boosts, then gonna get a E85 map and maybe pump fuel. With pump I wont be able to run much boost though.

E85 is pretty easily available though and hopefully should be back at the pumps next year some time.

Maybe when they are used more in the uk i will consider, its just a lot of money when compared to a 3.0L build, if i was to pop a 3.4 id be gutted.

Will look it up, thanks.

Are you going to do a pump fuel map? surely you cant run on race fuel everywhere?