The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the nice words guys:)

we had to cut short the run at 8000rpm as a boost pipe popped off just before 8000rpm mate, by the time we put it back on Dan needed to get on with paying work.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/7577bb91.jpg

First misfires and now pipes popping off, with a build that has been built before, you are jinxed with those hub dyno's.

I thought it best to do myself a project thread to keep everything together now, any future updates i will put in this thread.:)

Im fast becoming a dyno queen:D

Went over to see my old mate Dan at advanced motorsports today for a dyno run, superb setup he has there, some serious fans on the go in his dyno.

975 rwhp on the first run which i was over the moon with, the car is fast becoming a bit of a dyno queen, smashed the previous highest output car to go on there by 200rwhp.

SRD, You Rock:cool:

Did a little fly by video, just started to rain, think Dan $#@! himself when i started to head towards him:d

Also had the car on the scales at 1583kg, it had 3/4 a tank of fuel and in full street mode as always, subs and amp in boot, i was happy with that considering the car also has a full roll cage.

Dyno graph from today.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/JAMIEP-2.jpg

Couple of my favorite pictures

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/Redlinesantapodshoot015-1.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/Redlinesantapodshoot009-1.jpg

Awesome Jamie...just awesome :)

I love the second video, all quiet and the birds chirping away and all of a sudden...your Supe comes screaming down the road, brilliant :D

First misfires and now pipes popping off, with a build that has been built before, you are jinxed with those hub dyno's.

It takes very large cahunas to build a street car to this spec and still enjoy it as a daily driver!! My limited understanding is that your car is the 1st supra in the UK thats being run like this, over 1000bhp and full street spec.

Congatulations JP, SRD and all those involved in acheiving ur goal and building an epic car that many will try and emulate from here on in.

Its not bad, 3.4 would be nice though, what do you rev yours to?

7600 rpm as to hks specification although positive it could go higher safely, im 100 whp up on yours at 5000 rpm on 2.05 bar boost but beyond that you just leave me gaining over 200 whp more at the top ! i know how savage mine feels on the road i cant begin to imagine what yours is like it must be awesome fella :) it looks to light em up easy enough in the vid

7600 rpm as to hks specification although positive it could go higher safely, im 100 whp up on yours at 5000 rpm on 2.05 bar boost but beyond that you just leave me gaining over 200 whp more at the top ! i know how savage mine feels on the road i cant begin to imagine what yours is like it must be awesome fella :) it looks to light em up easy enough in the vid

Thats what worrys me, 3.4's dont like high revs it seems, be nice to have the extra spool time but i think id rather the revs, 3.0L are cheap an all.;)

It was just started raining in that video mate, look carefully you can see the rain, i even have the wipers on if you look close, will do a new in-car video soon on a dry day.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Thats what worrys me, 3.4's dont like high revs it seems, be nice to have the extra spool time but i think id rather the revs, 3.0L are cheap an all.;)

It was just started raining in that video mate, i even have the wipers on if you look close, will do a new in-car video soon on a dry day.

i wouldnt build a 3.4 from scratch but as ive got it il keep it, my car starts dropping power at 7000 rpm anyways so pointless revving higher anyways i normally shift at 7000.

gtx42 is next on my list mate when it fails to go with the new head should = 1100 hp.

hopefully il be at suprapod and get a good look at your car, but it depends on the harvest how im getting on with it.

queeny!!! hhmmm its has a nice ring to it. fair play mate i seriously can not wait to have a snoop over it... looking forward to new ideas ect. you feeling the 3.4 jamie?

what about going for a T6 setup?

Ive looked into it many times, i doubt i will ever go 3.4, might do a T6 one day.