Another uk spec bites the dust :(

Guigsy

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bad times mate. It doesn't look that bad a repair to be honest,looks as if the front end has swayed to passenger side.

If possible get the intercooler out of the way and bolt the old bumper bar back on and pull it back over. drop the bonnet catches down and sit the bonnet down and watch the bonnet gaps come over when pulling. That will give you a rough guide of where it should be. Also check that bonnet hinges aren't bent so it won't throw your gaps out.

OMG! sorry to hear this bad news but no worries dude as Toyota build really strong cars especially our top production model Supra. just don't give up on your beloved Supra and with aids from rest of the dudes, i'm sure it will hitting back the tarmac real soon. all the best and keep us updated, cheers~

Got a uk bumper and bonnet hinges sorted, need glass headlights, crash bar and that bit I can't remember the name of thats under the rad :)

Bodyshop say bonnet, maybe drivers wing and even the bit that the headlights sit in should be salvageable after some spot welds. Bonus! Passenger wing is fine.

Anyone got pics of a storm blue car with facelift frontlights?

Hi all

I'm having a hard time finding a replacement for that intercooler pipe. Other than buying a whole new set of pipes which is a bit more than I can afford.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement for it? Or get one made?

There are silicone hose kits on eBay for 60 odd quid but I'd rather not... They are xs power too...

Just a quick update for anyone interested.

Car is at the bodyshop and has been pulled appart. And I have a list of parts I need. Most of which will come new from Toyota (lights, lower rad support, upper rad/headlight support, slam panel, fan shroud, crash bar) little num has sorted me a uk spec bumper and bonnet hinges. I still need to organise a drivers wing though. Will make some calls tomorrow.

Amazingly my airbox is still in good nick.

But the bad news is the impact shoved the chasis leg into the end section of the intercooler, tearing it like paper! Thankfully its not somewhere you can see it and the bodyshop can get alu welding done at a good price and he might also be able to replace my piece of squashed pipe.

:)

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

Just a quick update for anyone interested.

Car is at the bodyshop and has been pulled appart. And I have a list of parts I need. Most of which will come new from Toyota (lights, lower rad support, upper rad/headlight support, slam panel, fan shroud, crash bar) little num has sorted me a uk spec bumper and bonnet hinges. I still need to organise a drivers wing though.

My airbox is still in good nick.

But the bad news is the impact shoved the chasis leg into the end section of the intercooler, tearing it like paper! Thankfully the bodyshop can get alu welding done at a good price and he might also be able to replace my piece of squashed pipe

Glad you are repairing it as they are few and far between !!

Well the fitting, painting and repairing will be 1500-1800. Parts I think will end up arround 600-700 half of which is headlights!

It's been an interesting week. One of our cats has been in the vets and cost me 450 quid today. But he made up for it when he got home still dopey from anaesthetic. 'drunk' cat is funny :D

Well the fitting, painting and repairing will be 1500-1800. Parts I think will end up arround 600-700 half of which is headlights!

It's been an interesting week. One of our cats has been in the vets and cost me 450 quid today. But he made up for it when he got home still dopey from anaesthetic. 'drunk' cat is funny :D

You tried Steve Manley for your parts? I would of thought he could do you a good deal as you will be spending so much. Did me a great deal on my diff cooler, top man.

I might give him a try but the extra cost for shipping compared to just picking Them up at the local dealership might make it not worth while. I think the local place gives a discount for owners club numbers so that will help.

Quick update : My wallet is £900 pounds lighter after a trip to Toyota this afternoon... I also picked up a uk bumper and bonnet hinges from little num and a front wing and crashbar from Silverstone garage/qsd.

As soon as the bits arrive from Toyota it's a matter of the bodyshop getting the car on the jig and pulling it back into shape