Another uk spec bites the dust :(

Guigsy

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Toyota have all my parts appart from headlamps which they cant get till the end of the month. So I've got a new set from keron I'm picking up tomorrow.

I have a new front lip being made by car.mad.stylings on eBay and he gave me a great price. I'm also going to vinyl wrap it in carbon.

Also thinking of a doluck diffuser they also make I could wrap also. But money is tight so will have to wait.

Toyota have all my parts appart from headlamps which they cant get till the end of the month. So I've got a new set from keron I'm picking up tomorrow.

I have a new front lip being made by car.mad.stylings on eBay and he gave me a great price. I'm also going to vinyl wrap it in carbon.

Also thinking of a doluck diffuser they also make I could wrap also. But money is tight so will have to wait.

Good to hear. Are you going to Pod on Sunday (obviously not in the Supra)? The splitter on the front of mine came from car mad stylings. It was a pain to fit and seemed slightly oversized. However, other people have said theirs from the same place have fitted perfectly.

Bodyshop I was on my way to popped arround. 1.5k pluss any parts to get it strait and painted. Think I will cancel my claim if I can. Then just repair it.

If I buy it back and then repair it I will just loose money?

Not sure how it works. Never had to do it will someone fill me in?

If I get offered 5k and buy it back for 3 do I get 2k off them and my car? Bodyshop said it was best to just cancel and do it yourself.

Help

what part England are you . there a place near me in south Wales that will spray my whole car and a nice job for 1k make sure you look around and before you do a deal check for recommendations through Google.

for instance I getting my back and front bumper resprayed . my side skirt and bottom of door. and front eyelids which is finished today for 400 which is bargain.
the bodyshop I use are great. They have a lotus in ATM getting a respray and a "v6" Clio in having some work... With no engine in the front despite having all the trimmings etc for an engine.

The charge me 100 quid a panel roughly for paint etc and do a great job.

My ic is repaired and you wouldn't notice the difference. The battered pipe has also been mended. God knows how! It's not as pretty as before but it's not in view so doesn't matter. I also need a new bit of silicone hose as one is split. But that shouldn't be a problem.

the bodyshop I use are great. They have a lotus in ATM getting a respray and a "v6" Clio in having some work... With no engine in the front despite having all the trimmings etc for an engine.

My ic is repaired and you wouldn't notice the difference. The battered pipe has also been mended. God knows how! It's not as pretty as before but it's not in view so doesn't matter. I also need a new bit of silicone hose as one is split. But that shouldn't be a problem.

Glad you are beginning to get things back together Guigs. Have your insurance confirmed if they are keeping the accident on file and whether you will have to declare it when you renew?

H.

fair enough that sounds good too. the only thing with the guy that does mine he can take his time but work wise is very good.

fair enough that sounds good too. the only thing with the guy that does mine he can take his time but work wise is very good.
I can also walk to it from work :) which is good.

I'm undecided what to do with the uk dildos, remove them, or even body colour them. But I think they will stay as they are.

Regarding insurance I'm not sure. I got a letter but forgot what it said now. Not been informed if anyone is claiming against me.

I can also walk to it from work :) which is good.

I'm undecided what to do with the uk dildos, remove them, or even body colour them. But I think they will stay as they are.

Regarding insurance I'm not sure. I got a letter but forgot what it said now. Not been informed if anyone is claiming against me.

I'd say keep them black as they are for originality.

• 2 weeks later...

Arg. Irritation

All parts collected and ready to go. Appart from the end of the chassis legs where the crash bar bolts onto.

Ordered it from Toyota. Waited a week. It turned up and it's the wrong bit! And not sure I can order what I want without removing the whole end of the leg and welding a new one on.

Will have to see if the bodyshop can remove the broken bolts and salvage what's left. I'm fed up of waiting a week for a part that might be pointless anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update - bodyshop delays. One guy got beaten up and mugged another off sick and a new guy starting this week. Should be on the jig this week. Although that's what I was told 2 weeks ago...

Although. Something else has taken my eye... Car might be up for sale when all is done... Unless my insurance tells me to bugger off :)

• 2 months later...

Another update. Had a few niggles. Needed an aircon pipe. Now my repaired intercooler pipe is looking a bit loose for the silicone hose. Will have to see. But it's finally going in to paint on Friday.

Popped down today to check it out looks like both front wings. Bonnet front bumper. Drivers door. (didnt check passengers) Both skirts and rear drivers quarter will be sprayed. Or at least had new paint in the last 6 months. :)

When I get it back I'll be swapping my nur spec and swapping the seats and carpet for a Gray carpet and the buckets from my new car. Will probably remove my defi's aswell.

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

:)

Running a bit lumpy. Guess it's from the ecu relearning and from running very rich for a few Mins when I took it to the bodyshop with a busted fmic pipe. Probably needs a good run to clear the cobwebs but said pipe is only held on with a cable tie ATM. So cant really.

Needs a badge on the front too. But otherwise the paintwork is great :)

Ill get some better pics when the car is ready for sale

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318614985.946429.jpg

:)

Running a bit lumpy. Guess it's from the ecu relearning and from running very rich for a few Mins when I took it to the bodyshop with a busted fmic pipe. Probably needs a good run to clear the cobwebs but said pipe is only held on with a cable tie ATM. So cant really.

Needs a badge on the front too. But otherwise the paintwork is great :)

Ill get some better pics when the car is ready for sale

I'm glad it will live to fight another day !! A better picture is required in the morning please :p