The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2011 - 13th August CHAT THREAD

Branners

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rain just beginning to stop here. Was going to dry car off but I think i'll wait 'till I get there now and hope to get most of the crud off. All that cleaning and polishing yesterday :( Still looks like it's going to be dry when we get there so will be a good day and we get to see some drag action :)

just spoke to BazzaAlpine, he said that last time he looked Jamie had done a 10.1 or close to it, he's done a few runs since so may have broken into the 9's! so still fingers crossed! :)

theres also a red drag prepped supra thats in the 8's apparently :)

Racing started at 12:30 ish.

Stu in the blue one was in the 8's.

I don't think Jamie managed a 9 but I did see a 10.1 not sure if he improved it but he was packing up at about 4.

There was a black drag FTo that shat it's gearbox out over the track lol

And a drag civic that got a bit carried away and drifted into the other lane.

Paul whiffin looked like he was getting traction issues but I didn't see many of his runs.

Not sure what happened to dude. Saw the car come in. Then it was off the trailer then he started it up. Then the next time I saw it it was back on the trailer.

I only managed to equal my bpu times in my new single. Launching a manual is much harder! 1st gear was all spin. 2nd was better but still a lot of spin. So I didn't get going till 3rd!

But I was taking it easy on the new car, not much of a burnout.

13.3 at 115 was about my average when I didn't miss a gear.

Think my gearbox was getting a bit hot. Or the clutch has an issue. 1st and reverse were a pita to get into after a few runs. Especialy reverse. Needed 2 hands and all my bodyweight! So that doesn't seem right.

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

Back at the ibis now, weather stayed dry and warm pretty much the whole day, just a light shower first thing in the morning. Awesome day, got a few passenger rides in Geos newly set up car.. Felt ridiculously fast!! Thanks for that bud. I'll get you a drink tonight! :D

Great day's fun! Many thanks to the organisers. First time out and with all new (conservative) setup around 507 rwhp. Still, pulled a 13.2, 120mph ET today. The slowness was down to the launch being crap - 2s to 3s and the transmission soaking up the revs. But - when it finally got to its sweet spot - Whoohoo!! :D And that happened around the 1/8 mile mark.

Well, now for a proper fuelling system upgrade from Lee and a bit more Ryan magic...and figure out how to (temporarily) remove the top wing from the Veilside as it was causing a lot of drag at the top of the run.

And thanks to Jamie for an entertaining two laner - twice. Nice rear.....I held back to keep an eye on how it was going for you ;)

Fantastic days guys. Sone seriously quick cars there today. Great to see old and new faces. Best time I got was 13 dead @ 122mph happy with that with being a pod virgin and all. :) nearly didn't run as I had a nail in my tyre as soon as well rolle into pod. Quick trip to kwik fit and the guys sorted it out. :)

All in all a great day. Just hope mo more cars have problems.