The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2011 - 13th August CHAT THREAD

Branners

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too long a story mate and not in the best of moods to tell it. Just got home now :yawn: .... still enjoyed 'most' of the day with some quality cars and races, and at least we eventually managed to get the car trailored to srd. Night :hi:

Sorry I wasn't able to help you mate, but someone literally asked me 10 minutes before you called :(

Great day and organised really well!

Agree with that.

And Stuarts car made his 8.5 time look easy! well done indeed.

The only thing that'd be nice next year would be some commentry, like they have on rwyb days to spice up the runs a little.

Best I managed with my 2.3 starts was an 11.6, 130mph @ 1.8bar optimax. I decided to try a few harder starts but my water/meth inj ran out and messed up my last runs. only had 1 bar!:rolleyes:

Edited by Robbie (see edit history)

Had an awesome day. Well done to all the organisers for another superb event. The mustang served me well, and took a good few scalps down the strip. Civic type R (Abz), TT aerotop with 5 speed box (theturtleshead)........twice, NA supra (monkpower). I was very surprised to only get beaten by a nose by dodecJ's BPU. I obviously have a few videos which I'll post up later.

Great day, and weekend. Krister and I had a great time, although we (and our new American friend, James) were all missing our own cars. I personally think I could have run a 12 too :D

Good to finally meet all those people I've followed the project threads of, and it was highly amusing watching Krister try to decipher the Scots and the Geordies :D

Thanks again to Branners, Steve, Darryl and Mawby (and everyone else that helped) for the organisation and smooth running of the event!

Quotes of the day:

"I washed my car with a jew"

"Is that Blackie's wife? Christ, he must have a cock like a horse"

"daft c%&t means daft c%&t in any language"

"Has Jurgen won a race yet?"

"Call me an ambulance, I've just eaten somthing Scottish"

I'll not reveal who said what for obvious reasons :)

It was good to finaly put some faces to names.

Edited by Bossco (see edit history)

Had a good day even if I did badly on all levels. First run I missed the lights and had to be told to go. Car was boosting to 1.2 bar day before then for some reason I could not get more than .8 bar all day. Went out sunday morning and it was back up to 1.2 for the first drive but then back stuck at .8 since.

I also managed to try and pull off in 3rd two times in a row against the guy in the 350z!

Thanks to all who organized and maybe next year I'll have more luck / won't do anything stupid.

Great event and it was fun to meet all the guys from the forum. Hope to come back next year :)

it was highly amusing watching Krister try to decipher the Scots and the Geordies :D

lol, I cant remeber how many times I asked you "what the heck did he just say?" :D :D

Was a good day enjoyed chatting to the usual suspects and putting a few names to faces. It was really weird watching the Drag racing and not taking part....I miss it so much lol. Can't beleive my 1/4 mile record still stands, despite Jamie's best attempts. Got a feeling its just a matter of time as Jamie's car certainly has the credentials to do it.

Quotes of the day:

"I washed my car with a jew"

"Is that Blackie's wife? Christ, he must have a cock like a horse"

"daft c%&t means daft c%&t in any language"

"Has Jurgen won a race yet?"

"Call me an ambulance, I've just eaten somthing Scottish"

I'll not reveal who said what for obvious reasons :)

It was good to finaly put some faces to names.

Haha there were some absolutely cracking quotes. Krister and I were cracking up laughing most of Saturday night too.

Great event and it was fun to meet all the guys from the forum. Hope to come back next year :)

Bring the car! Bring the car! Bring the car! :D

Oh and for all those who were waiting anxiously by their keyboards for the results of the races...

1-1 Homer (N/A 5 speed Supra): Sdistc (stock TT Aristo auto)

race 1 (motorway roll): easily won by Homer, as the Aristo showed how stock it was by stopping at the speed limiter :p

race 2 (dig from the lights to motorway speeds): neck and neck for 60 feet, but the fat barge got a shuffle on and had a few car lengths by 70 mph.

Lots of fun, thanks for the guide home, guys :)

Guest Joesefer

Cheers for a Great day guys, was good to see some action on the drag Strip this year - hopefully see you all again soon

Joe

(in the blue Nissan onevia at the drift bit.)

Was a good day enjoyed chatting to the usual suspects and putting a few names to faces. It was really weird watching the Drag racing and not taking part....I miss it so much lol. Can't beleive my 1/4 mile record still stands, despite Jamie's best attempts. Got a feeling its just a matter of time as Jamie's car certainly has the credentials to do it.

Its weird seeing your car just sat in the car park, how come you didnt run?

You too Jamie, fun too see who will be the first one to get that nine. Keeping my fingers crossed it doesnt rain on the 27th :)

I think it will be you mate, My wife is not best pleased with the amount of time ive been spending on the car, ive got to leave it alone for a while and do some family stuff.

Had a really good day, good to catch up with a load of the guy's, sadly didn't really meet many new people this week(mainly as I had only had about 3 hours sleep before driving down from 'oop north').

Gutted that I didn't stay the night as usual, but I had to get back home.

Also, can I just say the highlight was.....G6 :D