The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any cars ever try to race you on the roads?

Stewart10

lol ...this is funny and true... have the same thing happen 2 me all the time. ...last friday i drove from worcester to crawley, i first had a guy in a clio sport ,trying 2 race me. so i put my foot down and went for it..but unfortunately i was carrying my girlfriend who actually was crying so had 2 slow down, so lucky for the guy in the clio, then had some guy in a rx8,,i just ignored him....and the funniest of all was a guy and his mate in a rover 25, i was def not wasting fuel for this lol, if he tried 2 keep up his headgasket would of probably be gone..lol

ha ha the trusty old rover, what a cheek trying to race a supe lol

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying that, I had some guy try and race me as I passed him on the M5 (going north bound - home). He was in a convertible MX-5 with his woman in the passenger seat. He went for the undertake so I put my foot about halfway down in 6th and left him for dust.

Goons...

I do that to people who try and undertake me as well, its fun, shows the idiot up infront of his passenger :p

Undertaking is nowhere near as dangerous or disruptive as sticking in the middle or outside lane.

agree, i had a cop stop me 6 months ago for undertaking. it was a 4 lane road, a car was in the outside lane whilst the inside 3 were clear - annoyed after flashing lights for about 30seconds and the car not gettin the hint, i undertook in the far left lane (2 lanes between us)

Copper stopped me and said 'you cant do that blalablba, here is a ticket' etc etc but ive heard nothing since. Although its illegal, they only charge you if they can prove its dangerous driving, if they see you do it and its not dangerous but 'careless driving' they warn you. (If you continue to do it and get caught i imagine they would eventually charge you)

Get a vid up. I need to see it to believe it.

It is possible my Aerotop NA Auto was quite happy at that sort of leptons. I remember when went on SW Supra Gumball and someone commented that not may TT aero's around and he was shocked when he found out it was an NA as he was struggling to keep pace :D

It is possible my Aerotop NA Auto was quite happy at that sort of leptons. I remember when went on SW Supra Gumball and someone commented that not may TT aero's around and he was shocked when he found out it was an NA as he was struggling to keep pace :D

yup i get this too...."go well these turbos m8" erm this aint a turbo

agree, i had a cop stop me 6 months ago for undertaking. it was a 4 lane road, a car was in the outside lane whilst the inside 3 were clear - annoyed after flashing lights for about 30seconds and the car not gettin the hint, i undertook in the far left lane (2 lanes between us)

Copper stopped me and said 'you cant do that blalablba, here is a ticket' etc etc but ive heard nothing since. Although its illegal, they only charge you if they can prove its dangerous driving, if they see you do it and its not dangerous but 'careless driving' they warn you. (If you continue to do it and get caught i imagine they would eventually charge you)

I've seen the opposite happen. Driver sitting behind a car taking up the "outside" lane (actually the inside as far as I'm concerned :D ) sat patiently at 60 for ages on a 70 stretch. Eventually undertook and on went the blue lights. To my surprise the copper actually pulled the fool doing 60 in the fast lane and booked them for holding up the progression of traffic, or something like that.

I wish they would do it more often.

Whilst I agree that the car is capable of around that speed, on the clock anyway, I would be surprised if it was on the limiter. I thought the calculated real speed was around 160? 163 on the clock ain't anywhere near 160.

but unfortunately i was carrying my girlfriend who actually was crying so had 2 slow down,

Sorry but how did anyone miss this bit?

The fact is an N/A will be left foor dead by most moden diesels. You can claim that your N/A will keep pace with an evo 300 all you like. Its simple

Evo 300 bhp. Lighter 4 wheel drive

N/A 220 when new, now probably 210, lardy and rear wheel drive.

I cant see how it can be possible for it to gain any kind of victory unless the evo driver is a fool, or his car is broken. They dont call them all show no go for nothing.

Sorry but how did anyone miss this bit?

The fact is an N/A will be left foor dead by most moden diesels. You can claim that your N/A will keep pace with an evo 300 all you like. Its simple

Evo 300 bhp. Lighter 4 wheel drive

N/A 220 when new, now probably 210, lardy and rear wheel drive.

I cant see how it can be possible for it to gain any kind of victory unless the evo driver is a fool, or his car is broken. They dont call them all show no go for nothing.

He can't beat an FQ300, it's another play on words... pub talk.

He can almost keep up with his mate in his FQ300 when he does a gay launch and probably drives like a wuss.

At no time will an N/A Supra* be comparable with a 300hp EvoX.

*Unless extensively modified.

I have had my supra for just over a 18 months. started with the n/a and i love it, I do not understand why everyone is n/a bashing. mine is fast enough to fend for itself against most cars. When you have to drive a TT or FQ 300 to beat it i dont think thats a bad thing as an FQ 300 will beat most cars.

This is a supra forum and you should be able to post without getting your car put down. Dont get me wrong I will move up to TT later and i understand the quest for power that comes with it. But i got the n/a first to see if I could live with the everyday drive.

I have had people driving Db9,s , scoobies , and other supra owners TT or not, say that they like the car nice to see them in stock, only cosmetic changes momo, carbon dash, wheels and so on. And im

proud of my car.
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_grin.gif

when the time comes to upgrade to TT i can go for a new car or slot in a TT engine with all the upgrades needed to fit. as i know the body is in good condition.

Back to the thread,

I always seem to get the youth dem, in saxos and civics with half of halfrauds stuck to them trying to chase me. or make a brrrrraattt sound when they meet me at the lights. this when used with a hand in the shape of a gun means nice car. first time it happened in peckham, dont know what was quicker, me pulling away or the finger on the door lock. :p

Funny thread, I'm happy just to look cool.

In the few weeks I've owned it, I got 'raced' by a Punto, four up, we were in a tunnel, so I thought it'd be rude not to really :D They caught up at the next set of lights and were all thumbs up and 'sweet car bruv'.

I also had a BMW 328 estate trying to keep up, I think they just wanted to know whether it was a turbo or not.

I have had my supra for just over a 18 months. started with the n/a and i love it, I do not understand why everyone is n/a bashing. mine is fast enough to fend for itself against most cars. When you have to drive a TT or FQ 300 to beat it i dont think thats a bad thing as an FQ 300 will beat most cars.

This is a supra forum and you should be able to post without getting your car put down. Dont get me wrong I will move up to TT later and i understand the quest for power that comes with it. But i got the n/a first to see if I could live with the everyday drive.

I have had people driving Db9,s , scoobies , and other supra owners TT or not, say that they like the car nice to see them in stock, only cosmetic changes momo, carbon dash, wheels and so on. And im

proud of my car.
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_grin.gif

when the time comes to upgrade to TT i can go for a new car or slot in a TT engine with all the upgrades needed to fit. as i know the body is in good condition.

Back to the thread,

I always seem to get the youth dem, in saxos and civics with half of halfrauds stuck to them trying to chase me. or make a brrrrraattt sound when they meet me at the lights. this when used with a hand in the shape of a gun means nice car. first time it happened in peckham, dont know what was quicker, me pulling away or the finger on the door lock. :p

Or a 1.2 Polo :p

I have had my supra for just over a 18 months. started with the n/a and i love it, I do not understand why everyone is n/a bashing. mine is fast enough to fend for itself against most cars.

Don't be silly, most cars will beat it, my stock Civic VTi was faster than an N/A Supra :D

But anyway, nobody here is saying that N/A's are rubbish, I had one as my first Supra and loved it, it got a lot of attention but it was best for just driving round town and picking up women, the sad fact is that the N/A is not a fast car, there a fantastic entry point as it allows you to feel how the Supra behaves before chucking a load more power at it, but when I had mine I didn't really race anyone as I knew if I drove slowly it could be a TT or an N/A, if I put my foot down it removed all doubt from the onlookers.

However, I must admit that on the tight country lanes round mine the N/A was more fun to drive as the 5 speed is a really nice box and there was no fear of spooling up on the exit of a corner and finding yourself completely sideways. I still have an N/A auto as a daily driver as it's comfy and relaxed, but I don't race in it, actually I lie, I had ago against a freind who has a Seat Ibiza Cupra and lost.

And once again another thread turned into NA bashing :rolleyes:

No one says NA's are fast but there no slouch. I still enjoy mine day to day, it has plenty go for its size, maybe thats down to the healthy engine in mine i dont know but it pulls strong to 120.

Bit off topic regards Supra but within context.

I was just an observer :) Traffic lights, 3 guys in an impreza (basic not STI) , a Granny pulls up to the line in a all out STI(easily she was 60-65). You know whats going to happen, lads think "She doesnt know what shes got", blip of the throttle. Green light , 3 guys get owned by the Granny ; frickin hilarious.

Bit off topic regards Supra but within context.

I was just an observer :) Traffic lights, 3 guys in an impreza (basic not STI) , a Granny pulls up to the line in a all out STI(easily she was 60-65). You know whats going to happen, lads think "She doesnt know what shes got", blip of the throttle. Green light , 3 guys get owned by the Granny ; frickin hilarious.

Twice I've been in mkiv Golfs (once driving, once a passenger) when overtaken by older women way north of 120mph. The lady in the pink Mercedes on the autobahn was simply hilarious - my mate was bouncing his modded GTI turbo off the rev limiter in top gear and she sailed by like we were going backwards. They're nutters!

Twice I've been in mkiv Golfs (once driving, once a passenger) when overtaken by older women way north of 120mph. The lady in the pink Mercedes on the autobahn was simply hilarious - my mate was bouncing his modded GTI turbo off the rev limiter in top gear and she sailed by like we were going backwards. They're nutters!

On the way back from picking my exhaust up, I was doing about 80 leptons in the middle lane and an RX-8 comes past me easily doing 100. The car then pulls in front of me and slows to the same speed as me.

So I'm thinking "this guy wants to play" so I pick up speed and overtake, as I move into the middle lane doing about 90 leptons, I see the RX-8 move into the fast lane and start speeding up. As the car passed me I looked over and it was an old granny in it (looked about 60-70) who then proceeded to floor it off into the distance with me sitting at 80-90 leptons.

Crazy grannies!

And once again another thread turned into NA bashing :rolleyes:

No one says NA's are fast but there no slouch. I still enjoy mine day to day, it has plenty go for its size, maybe thats down to the healthy engine in mine i dont know but it pulls strong to 120.

I agree. My NA is healthy and pulls pretty dam hard when pushed. Hits 150mph.

I don't really see N/A bashing here. Just honesty about its optimum speed.

Equally I can't moan if my TT gets 'beaten' by a car with superior power:weight.

For the record, I drove an N/A (aerotop) and an auto TT from the same import garage just to compare...

Naturally I bought the TT, I mean Jeeez that old roofless barge was sooooooooooo slow.

Oh look. A Wednesday morning fact...I mean joke.

Anyway, anyone else been challenged by yoofs in der carz?

I've seen the opposite happen. Driver sitting behind a car taking up the "outside" lane (actually the inside as far as I'm concerned :D ) sat patiently at 60 for ages on a 70 stretch. Eventually undertook and on went the blue lights. To my surprise the copper actually pulled the fool doing 60 in the fast lane and booked them for holding up the progression of traffic, or something like that.

I wish they would do it more often.

so do i! it is illegal to block in the outside lane then? i didnt know that. It is the most ANNOYING thing ever, really grinds my gears.

In regards to the racing, i dont often so much on the roads thats worth racing, but i do get the odd chav'd up astra, corsa etc trying to go fast so i just put my foot half way down in 6th and leave em for dust. always fun.

edit: btw does anyone know the rough top speed of a TT BPU supra? ive hit 165 on a private road :D but i had to slow down